• Published 15th Jan 2015
  • 668 Views, 0 Comments

The Great Circus-Catastrophe - Dableaxcheaz



Ape on the loose, and it has taken Fluttershy hostage! What has caused this tamed circus ape to finally snap? Is there anypony who could stop him? Oh the Pon-manity!

  • ...
 0
 668

Things Go Horribly Wrong

Pegs continued to escort Fluttershy on over to the main entrance to the show. When they walked around the tent, Fluttershy saw that the line had diminished greatly while she was gone. It was only 15 so Ponies waiting instead of the hundreds that were in line earlier.

Pegs stepped forward to the stallion who was managing the admission box and said,” Big Top has allowed free admission to Ms. Fluttershy here.”

The other stallion nodded,” Alrighty, right this way mam.” The ponies in the line watched in envy as Fluttershy entered the tent. She turned around to say her thanks to Pegs for the free show, only to find that he was gone. He probably had somewhere else to be at this minute with all the preparation that is going on.

Within the first couple of steps, Fluttershy could feel the very excitement in the air from what she was seeing. She heard the voices of the audience mixing in with the music that was played from an organ. This one was being played by an actual stallion instead of being automated like the one in the back. The music made everyone feel happy as they continued to share their excitement with one another as it continued to build. Before Fluttershy got lost in the view, she needed to find the CMC.

The ring of wooden bleachers that bordered the tent, were filled with the ponies of Ponyvile. They all filled the stands with some young fillies and colts sitting on their laps. The CMC could be anywhere in this packed crowd. Fluttershy scanned her eyes across the crowd, but there was no need to search any longer when she heard Applebloom’s voice coming from behind.

“Fluttershy, over here!” the filly shouted. Fluttershy quickly turned to the stands behind her, where she spotted the girls sitting next to each other. Between Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle there was a gap, which was the seat that they had saved for Fluttershy. The bleachers they sat in were next to the entrance, so they must be good seats.

Fluttershy made her way up the steps on the side of the stands and to the middle row where the CMC sat. The fillies watched their chaperone fly over the other ponies and fit herself into the empty space that they saved. She tucked her wings and made herself comfortable. “You made it!” Sweetiebelle said.

“Good thing too,” Scootaloo added,” we were getting tired of shooing away anypony else before they could take your seat. Not that it was a problem or anything, but hey check out the view. ” Fluttershy couldn’t agree with her more, they were practically the best seats in the house. She could see the entrance to the back stage where the animals would enter from, with the pole in the center of the tent that wasn’t much of an obstacle in her view.

Applebloom turned to Fluttershy,” So where did you go to?” She asked

Fluttershy turned and said, “Oh, I just went around back to check something out. I just wanted to prove some rumors that I heard false, not that any of them were true. I did see animals though.”

“What kind of animals?” Scootaloo asked.

Fluttershy didn’t want to spoil anything,” just wait and see.”

“Did you see the Ape, I-I mean Magnus The Ultimate?” asked Sweetie. Fluttershy was thinking about something else. “Fluttershy?”

Her thought was broken up,” huh? Oh yes, yes I did.”

“Was he 30ft tall?!” asked Applebloom leaning towards her.

“Oh yes,” she stared off at the stage again,” in fact I’d say that it’s probably… bigger.”

Applebloom nudged Sweetiebelle’s shoulder, “Told ya!”

Sweetiebelle didn’t care. She thought,” Ok sure I believe you, rub it why don’t ya?”

While Applebloom gave Sweetie a smug look, while the unicorn tried to ignore her. Scootaloo could see a concerned look in Fluttershy’s. “What’s up Fluttershy? Aren’t you excited to see the show?”

“I am, I really am.” She responded,” I also met the ring master while I was backstage too. ”Applebloom and Sweetie looked at her, “Let’s just say I’m really not too fond of him right now.”

“Why, what’s he like?” Applebloom asked.

Fluttershy didn’t feel like responding to that question, “It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s just that-“

At that moment, the lights began to dim and the music stopped playing. It was the signal that meant the show was about to start. Fluttershy cut herself off as the crowd began to roar and whistle. ” It’s starting!” said Sweetiebelle with a squeak. Fluttershy put aside her thoughts towards Big Top and turned her attention to the darkened stage.

Two stallions on opposite sides of the tent turned on the spotlights and directed their beams of light. As they began to scurry over the stage a drum began to roll, raising the Excitement began in the crowds. A loud rough voice then boomed out from the shadows.

“Fillies and gentle colts, boys and girls! It is with great honor and pleasure, to welcome one and all to the one and only Big Top Circus!” the crowed gave their applaud.” And now, introducing to you today, the ring leader and one which the show is named after, Mr. Big Top!” The beams of light focused on Big Top when the drum roll ended with a symbol’s crash.

The crowd cheered at his appearance, as the master bowed his head to the audience all around him. “Thank you, thank you all!” he said. “Welcome one and all!” the loud cheering began to die down. “Up upon this stage today, you will see many great animals performing amazing feats of wonder! I myself have transformed every animal, into the talented creatures they are today!”

“And of course for the grand finale, we will show you best for last! You all know pretty well who I’m talking about. The 30ft ape Magnus The Ultimate!” The audience roared again, as Big Top grinned to their pleasure,” And now, fillies and gentlecolts. Behold, the animals of the Big Top Circus!” The lights quickly illuminated the tent in a flash, as the full house began to roar and clap.

A cranked up record player near the back stage began to play a circus march. A small opening on the other side from the entrance appeared. Animals came marching in with their fancy suits along with stallion circus workers as their escorts. Fluttershy recognized most of animals she saw earlier, but there were some animals she didn’t notice like penguins, snakes and other fauna among the march.

They went around the edge of the ring as the ponies cheered them all from the stands. When all of the animals were inside the tent with the tarp closing, the marching of the animals and workers stopped. The animals turned to the crowd and began to cheer back like the ponies in the stands were. They made animal calls that made them sound like they were enjoying their audience’s amusement, in an attempt to mimic the audience that were already loving them.

Some of the crowd began to giggle at their display. Even the escorts themselves couldn’t help but smile at their gestures. After about a minute of animal calls it was time to wrap up the intro. The crowd began to give one more round of applause to their performers as they left the stage, hoping to see great talents from them when the real show got going.

The opening to the back closed off when the last of them went out. The lights started to dim as Big Top went to the center stage and the lights beamed on him to bring the crowd’s attention.

“Now how was that for a start huh?” Big Top announced.” You can’t find talent like at the Moscow circus, and it’s time to show off what they’ve prepared for!” The crowd grew impatient to see what was in store. “Now! For the first act, I will bring out a trio of seals. Now you may think that it’s going to be a simple balancing act with balls! But you see, here at the Big Top circus; we like to add a little excitement.” A team of workers began to bring out the equipment while it was still dark,” We are unique.”

Out of nowhere, a ring of fire lit off in a FOOM. The combustion of flames gave light that lit up the crowd’s surprised faces while two openings appeared in the roof as a means of ventilation.

Four giant balls were located next to the flame hoop, each one a different color with a star pattern. Just by looking at the crowd’s expressions Big Top chuckled, knowing that he had grabbed the audience,” you know what they say in the circus? Show Time! HaHaHaHaaaa!”

As a group of seals came from the opening, the organist cracked his fetlocks and had them ready to play. The seals moved their way on over to the balls and climbed on top. The organist now began to play some sort of ecstatic tune, while the seals began to move around in a circle as the act had begun.

Soon, they were picking up speed and so did the song. They were now on a fast rolling spree as four workers brought four light weight balls for the prime portion of the act. They threw the balls to each individual seal, and they caught them all on the tip of their noses. They were now spinning the balls while rolling on their big balls and rolling in circles. The crowd was was silent, but they couldn’t keep their eyes off the action.

The seals then began to toss the balls to one another and catching them while they were in motion. The balls flew up in many directions going through the hoop, above the hoop, and even to the sides of the flame hoop. The audience couldn’t comprehend all of these throws and catches happening all at once. It was throw catch, throw catch like it was as if it was some sort of juggling act. The complexity and fast paced movement of the balls and seals could cure a lazy eye by the time it was over.

After about a minute and a half of juggling, it was time for the climax. The seals caught the balls one last time and spun them up on their noses. All four threw the balls up into the air, bringing the audience to the edge of their seats. The balls came back down, and a single seal caught them all on the tip top of his nose. They were perfectly balanced, and not a single one fell.
The organist played a sustained note to end the song, followed by a few seconds of dead silence. After holding it in during the performance, the crowd gave off an immense applause as the seals rolled off to the back. It was only the first act of the show, and everypony was already hooked on what’s to come. Even the CMC were impressed by the display, “Wow!” said Sweetiebelle,” that was some act.”

“Yeah, who would think that somepony taught them how to do that!” Added Scootaloo,” I wonder how he did it?”

The audience began to calm itself down when Applebloom had a realization,” maybe that’s our talent, Cutie Mark Crusaders animal trainers!”

“Didn’t we already try that one?” said Sweetie.

“I don’t know, I never really kept track of what we tried.” Said Applebloom.

Fluttershy gave a small clapping as well as a little smile towards the impressive display. But she was still looming over her suspicion with Big Top. She could see the ring leader in the back, smiling while twisting his black mustache. The way he grinned and scrunched his eyes could only mean that he was up to no good. As much as she didn’t admire his body language, she was still giving him a chance.

While the audience was reduced to a whisper, Big Top straightened his features. “Best not keep them waiting.” He thought.


The ring of fire was eventually put out and the light quickly dimmed with the absence of the flames. The workers quickly moved it away from the center stage, as Big Top walked to the center stage as he cleared his voice. The spot lights came on and he spoke to the crowd. ”You think that’s all folks? These seals are only the cherry on the Sunday. There are so many acts coming this way Ponyvile, so don’t you fret! Let’s give a round applause for our next set of performers!” The audience now cheered with very high expectations.

Throughout the hour, Big Top brought on animal upon animal to perform their best for the audience. It gave the house a wide variety, making it a little bit challenging to pick their favorites. From monkeys that connected themselves into a ball that rolled, to a bunch of exotic birds showing off a small air show. The crowd kept on eating it up, like a gluttonous pig awaiting the next course.

There then came acts that went to high extremes. One of which, had a bear balancing on a unicycle on tightrope high up in the air without a net; while holding up 10 monkeys on both ends of the balancing pole blind folded. The pole teetered as the bear pedaled its way across, sending the audience into a frenzy. Luckily it didn’t get any more extreme afterwards.

A few more acts came after that, and the one after the next was the finale. Big Top listened into the crowd’s murmurs and took in the mostly positive feedback. He knew from the looks of things that he was in the clear for success. He straitened himself out, and went upon the stage for the next announcement.

“All right ponies, why don’t we give another round of applause for all of these amazing creatures huh?” The crowd did as he requested,” Excellent work they are.” The audience died down once again,” Now, before we bring out the one you have all been waiting for, I want to break the monotony a little with some equine performers.” The crowd looked at one another in curiosity,” They may not be the smartest, but fillies and Gentle colts, I present to you here at the Big Top circus, the clowns!” The audience was surprised, while little kids hearts jumped.

The drum roll commenced as the act opened up, and clashed when a single clown casually waltzed up to the center stage wearing a stupid get-up of clothes, make up, and fake hair. Big Top looked around at the opening in the back, seeing no pony else entered yet. He walked up to the single clown on the stage,” uh, where’s the rest of them.” The clown smiled and whispered into Big Top’s ear, “Wait, they’re not coming in? Did they quit?!” the clown continued,” wait, they didn’t quit?” the clown gave a big lipped smile with an eye roll.” Then where the heck are they?” Then out of nowhere, a stamped of clowns came rushing in like cattle. The audience chuckled a bit when Big Top ran off the stage in fright.

The clowns rushed on in to the center stage, sliding on their knees with jazz hooves. Big Top was feeling a little bit annoyed, but he shook off the feeling quickly. Though he would have taken it more lightly if he was warned before hoof, Big Top had to admit that it was a pretty clever entrance.

Most of the audience was interested as the clowns began their act, though the actual performance wasn’t as interesting and exhilarating as the animals that performed before them. It felt out of left field and was seen as a short intermission to clean the palette. Little kids hid with their faces with their little hooves from seeing the clowns, and a couple mothers helped bring them out of the tent when they started crying.


The act started off with the clowns resorting to stupid mindless comedy that could give off a chuckle or two, it was nothing too interesting to see. The ponies did get a good laugh, no matter how uninteresting and mediocre the act really was. The clowns weren’t even talented clowns to begin with, they were some of the workers who suggested the idea to Big Top.

Among the jokes that the clown’s had up their sleeves, were the typical practical jokes you could find at the local joke shop. They were run in the mill, but just seeing how the clowns reacted to the shenanigans made the crowd at least smile. They stepped on whoopee cushions, popped balloons in each other’s ears, made each other slip and slide across the floor, and even got into a little bit of a fight.

The act ended off with a massive cream pie fight, and this where things became very interesting. It started out as a simple silly skirmish with a few warning shots, only to transform into total war. The pies were being shot rapid fire from cannons on one side, while a few from the other side splattered in midair like an explosive. Pies were even being thrown into the audience, caking ponies with whipped cream. This finale was now compensating for its vanilla intro.

Near the end of the battle, one side was being nailed left and right with pie. They couldn’t even return fire with all the pie in their faces. The firing side ceased fire and laughed in victory, but it wasn’t over. One of the stallions on the other team called out their secret weapon, a giant pie load on a catapult. The weapon was brought out by the workers, and the other side’s laughter disappeared.

The catapult fired the pie at the opposing side, the clowns tried to escape but it was too late. The pastry exploded on impact, shooting out cream all over the clowns and ponies who sat in the stands behind. A white flag came out of the cream declaring surrender. So much whipped cream and bits of crust were covering the stage floor. The crowd then gave out their cheers for an exciting climax, while the ring leader Big Top went out of the circus tent to fetch the final act.

The CMC and even Fluttershy were impressed. Fluttershy really enjoyed the show for what it was, despite the things she was suspecting with Big Top. The animals were all able to pull off their acts like it was nothing.

As the crew members of the circus went right to work on cleaning the stage for the big finish, Ponies were already giving their own reviews on the experience. Most of them were pleased to be there, and thought that it was a great show all around. It was sad for some that the finale was next; but good things have to come to an end.

Big Top went on to the center stage to make his big announcement. The lights dimmed once more and the spotlights followed him in the dark,” Now that you saw the rest of circus, how about we end it off with the one you have all been waiting for?” The audience clapped and cheered at the intimation. “Yes fillies and gentlecolts, it is time. Drum roll please?” The drums began to roll once more.” Weighing in, at a whopping 3000 lbs., standing tall at 30ft!” The anticipation was just killing the audience at this point,” The one that you’ve all’ve been waiting for, the one and only eighth wonder of the world!” The lights left the ring and spotted on the backstage entrance as Big Top shouted,” Fillies and gentlecolts, MAGNUS!!! THE ULTIMATE!!!”

As everypony shouted out, a giant hand came out from behind the striped curtain and pulled it up, revealing the face of an ape to everypony in the tent. Magnus gave a goofy and tired sort of smile as he started to walk inside, yawning and stretching out his long arms. Big Top ran off the stage and over to the stands, keeping an eye out on the ape. “Alright big shot,” he murmured to himself,” you better do this one right. This is what we’ve been practicing all this time. I know you can do it.”

Magnus continued to yawn and scratch his head. Fluttershy could see from her seat that he looked like he just woke up, she began to worry. The ape was still stretching and lost in his own train of thought, but the crowd thought that he was still warming up. The audience soon became a little bit impatient; they wanted him to do something amazing, not just stand around and do nothing.

Big Top was especially starting to give him the stink eye. “Come on you big baboon.” He grumbled,” Don’t just stand there do something! You remember what happened last time!” The ape looked down to see a star ball that the workers brought out for him. He kept on looking at it and scratched his head, as if he didn’t know what to do with it. Big Top was losing more of his patience,” Come on, the crowd is losing their interest Magnus. Come on!” he yelled.

Then it clicked to the apes head at his master’s yell, and he slowly got himself onto the ball. Big Top’s irritated mood began to be replaced with slight joy. “Yes, yes, that’s it. Get on the ball, then we’ll start your juggling act.” Fluttershy watched Magnus maintain his balance, only to watch him fall off the giant ball. The yellow Pegasus shielded her eyes as the ape fell to the hard ground with a thud. The audience was finding that the Big Finale was more of a big dud. The intermission with the clowns was more entertaining to them.

Big Top watched his crowd begin to change their expressions from excited to almost disappointed in a matter of seconds. Big Top stared down at Magnus who was still on the floor,” Get up!” he yelled,” Get up I say! Get up and try again!”

Fluttershy uncovered her eyes at the exact moment Big Top was shouting in anger. He was infuriated that Magnus was failing him, he didn’t want to wind up like a laughing stock with a dud finale with something as attention grabbing as a giant ape. All of the hype that built up for two weeks, all the excitement that was given off was dropped. The audience was beginning to boo at the ape.

Magnus finally got back up on his feet and attempted the act once more; only to fall off again. The Ape couldn’t focus with his tired head, and the booing and hissing wasn’t making things easier. He got up on top of the ball one last time, but he fell forward. Fluttershy didn’t want to see anymore, wanted his master to take him off stage before things could get worse. The Ape looked up from the ground, seeing all of these angry faces looking at him. All he could do was cover his ears and close his eyes. He and Fluttershy both wished that this all could stop.

“Come on you big monkey!” Big Top yelled pulling out a whip from his satchel with red magic. “Get up and give these ponies what they want! If you can’t give them a show, get off my stage and go back to your cell!” Fluttershy watched Big Top unfurl his whip as he marched himself towards the cowering ape. “Get up!” he demanded with the voice of a drill sergeant,” I command you!” The ape still didn’t listen. The ring master had enough of the ape’s hesitation. “You’ve disobeyed me one to many times Magnus!”

Big top raised the whip up high with his aura, and cracked at the ground in anger. ”You don’t deserve the title Magnus the Ultimate you know!” A feeling began to build up within Magnus, some sort of powerful drive began to build. All of the booing from the crowds, the humiliation, the pain, and the failure were building up this strong feeling. As it continued to form, he had a thought, “Why am I taking orders from this puny horse? Why did I even come with him?” At this moment, his blood began to boil in his own anger.

As Big Top continued to whip Magnus, Fluttershy drew the line. Not only did Big Top lie to her that Magnus would be ready, but also abuse an animal in front of her. Big Top was not even being merciful to Magnus in the slightest, as if he had no heart for what the poor animal was feeling. The CMC saw Fluttershy stand up from her seat with a very concerned look, and wanted to walk up to Big Top and give her a piece of her mind.


But when Magnus began to rise from the ground, she something terrible in his eyes. He made an angry brow, gritted his teeth, and had his nose become as red as his fully built up rage. Big Top ceased with the whipping when as he was rising,” about time you listened to me!” he grumbled. “It’s too late to do anything now! You already blew it!” Magnus was ready to blow his fuse.

Big Top raised an eyebrow at his new attitude. ”What’s the matter with you?” Magnus then dropped down on his giant hands and let out a roar in the face of his boss. The roar sent air, spit, and a loud sound in Big Top’s face. The intense force knocked the ring master down to the floor, and hushed the audience of its booing and hissing.

Magnus stood back up and turned his attention to the ponies who were booing him (Which was most of the audience really). He was no longer a goofy looking giant ape, oh no. He appeared before the crowd as an angry monster. He had killer in his eyes, drool dripping from his mouth, and razor sharp teeth. The crowd was shocked, and they all regretted their decision to ever boo at him.

The ape huffed and puffed, he clenched his fists as he approached the stands. The crowd’s eyes widened as his shadow cast down on one section of the bleachers. They all began to run from the stands as Magnus let out another roar and banged on his chest. Nopony dared to challenge Magnus, as intimidating as he was. No Pegasus wanted to fly near him, no unicorn wanted to fire a spell at him. They all wanted to run like mad and get far away from the wild animal.

Meanwhile Big Top got back on his hooves from the knock down and turned to Magnus. Seeing that he was in his fit of rage, he needed to contain him quickly before it became any worse. He quickly began to signal workers to gather up ropes, as Magnus continued his tantrum.

Ponies were now starting to run away from the stands all around the circus. All of the ponies in her set of stands all began to dash on over to the nearest set off stairs. It soon became a stampede as more and more began to run in a group. The CMC were forced to flee, while Fluttershy was forced to take cover in the gap between the seats. She covered head as ponies passed over her, with pegasi in the air and some ponies jumping out from the stands.

Magnus then decided that he had enough of being in the circus, and decided to make his way towards the exit. He saw that Big Top assembled his workers near the back door with ropes, so he went to front entrance. Big Top seeing that he was now escaping, charged onward with his full team of workers to take on the gargantuan ape.

The ponies that were on their trying way were running faster than ever out of the tent. With the entrance only being so big, they were all pushing and squeezing just to get out. Even when the adults took up their kids and the pegasi fitting through the space above them, it was still a challenge. The tension increased more and more with every step Magnus took.

Magnus was now only a steps away from his exit, but only one step away from crushing somepony beneath his foot. But then a series of ropes from behind lassoed onto the apes arms. Magnus twisted his head to see that it was Big Top with 20 of his workers. They all pulled and made Magnus step backwards away from the rushing ponies. ”Pull! Pull!” commanded Big Top,” don’t let him get through the entrance!” The stallions pulled with all their might to bring the ape away from the ponies.

Magnus knew that the company’s intention was to bring him down and contain him. He might not ever get another chance to escape. A vision then appeared in his eyes, showing a sepia atmosphere all around. For an instant he saw a sad ape sitting inside of his cage, as a ring master walked up to him and smiled. “You’re gonna be a star Magnus! And your gonna make my circus even better.” He began to laugh maniacally as he walked away, leaving the ape alone in the dark.

Though this vision was painful to see, it motivated him to more than ever. Magnus was not going to let himself stay at the circus any longer. And with that, he could feel power flowing into his arms giving him a little extra push. He then pulled his right arm with the extra power, overpowering the workers from keep the rope between their teeth. Eventually the ropes themselves snapped one by one, freeing the right arm.

He then did the same thing with the other, though it was made easier as he focused all his energy into it. Big Top and the crew saw the ropes dropping to the ground, and Big Top’s face sank as Magnus proceeded on towards the exit.

By now, the last of the scared ponies were just leaving out of the exit. Magnus noticed that the hole was way too small for him, but that didn’t stop him from making an opening more of his size. He squatted down and took his fists to the hole and grabbed the tarps, then he pulled them apart and ripped open his exit. As the ponies all ran for town in their panic Magnus took his first steps outside and began to savor them.

He spent so much time cooped up in a cage during the hours when he wasn’t practicing, he couldn’t remember the last time he felt grass beneath his toes. He could feel the strong summer breeze passing through his black fur, calming him down as he took in the endless view of the horizon. The first moment of freedom felt good to him while it lasted, but now it was time to move on. The farther away he was front the tent, the better.

Back inside of the tent, Fluttershy came out of her cover to see that everypony was gone. She looked over to the side and saw the giant rip in the tent. Judging by the screaming of ponies outside as well as the hole, Magnus must have escaped and was now roaming free on his own. There’s no telling what could happen if the ape waltzed right into town. She came down from the stands and ran outside.

She peeped her head out of the opening to see mass mayhem on the outside. The ponies were all scrambling away from the area, while Magnus proceeded to move forward. The ape was headed down the path that lead to Ponyvile. “Oh Big Top,” Fluttershy said,” look what you’ve done.” She then saw the CMC running towards her.

“Fluttershy!” Applebloom said,” you’re ok!”


“We’re sorry about the split up,” Scootaloo added,” we tried to come back, but we couldn’t get past all of those panicking ponies. It’s a mad house right now!”

“It’s ok girls,” Fluttershy said,” I’m just glad that you three got out.”

“What are we gonna do?” exclaimed Sweetiebelle,” Magnus The Ultimate is headed right for town!”

Fluttershy quickly tried thinking of solutions. “Can’t you tame him?” asked Scootaloo pointing her.

Fluttershy gulped to that idea, “Me?!”

“Oh Yeah,” added Applebloom,” I forgot that you’ve got the stare. That should do the trick!”

Fluttershy looked at the giant scary ape stepping closer and closer to the town,” Are you sure there’s not an easier option?”

“We don’t know if there is another option!” Scootaloo explained,” They say that you can master any wild animal if you look at it in the eye!”

Though she nervous to consider it, she said, “Alright, I’ll go.” She took a deep breath, knowing that the CMC were behind her back and began to fly. With her and the stare Magnus wouldn’t know what hit him; he didn’t know that she was a shy pony with the abilities of an animal tamer. As she flew overhead, she saw Big Top and his workers going in for another attack with more ropes.

Hoping for the best, Fluttershy flew down in front of the apes face. It managed to stop him from moving, but with a tense confused look, he looked the pegasus over. He didn’t know if he should be intimidated or pestered that this stopped him from moving.

Fluttershy then said, “Magnus, please you must stop this.” Magnus grunted at her,” I need you to please just settle down so we talk this over.” Magnus began to growl at her. Fluttershy tried to look at Magnus in the eye, but in his iris she saw a tomb stone with the epitaph reading, “HERE LIES A DEAD PONY.” Then without warning, Fluttershy was grabbed out of the air with his massive hand. She began to squirm, but her little strength was no match for Magnus the Ultimate’s grip.

Fluttershy shriveled in fear,” Oh…d-dear.” Magnus roared into her face, blowing her pink mane and some of her lips back.

Big Top and his workers made to Magnus, only to see that Fluttershy was in his grasp. Big Top yelled from the top of his lungs,” Magnus, you release her right this instant!” Magnus turned around to see his mustached ex-master scolding him as usual. He kept his hold on Fluttershy and began to run. Using his feet and his free hand, he could now move faster than ever before.

His movements sent thunder into the ground as he headed into Ponyvile. The remaining half of ponies in the town were just minding their own business, until they began to hear the tremors beneath their feet. Applejack was among these ponies to hear the quaking, as well as see Magnus flying right on by. He moved with swift speed that she only caught a glimpse of Fluttershy in his hand.

The giant ape had no clue where to go from here. As long as he was still moving Big Top couldn’t catch him, but he couldn’t just keep on moving. There had to be a much faster way than just running.

He then heard a strong steam whistle from somewhere. He stopped himself to see where that sound was coming from. Off in the distance, he could see the Ponyvile express, all boarded and ready to go. The train had a new freight car installed, and it didn’t appear to be holding anything. It was his only chance to get far away from his troubles.

Big Top tried to keep up with Magnus, but he was too fast and far up. When he and Fluttershy made it to the train itself, he loaded himself onto the cart. Luckily it was the right size, and didn’t break as soon as was comfortable. Big Top began to panic now that he knew where he was headed for.

The locomotive took some effort to build up power with the added weight, but fortunately it didn’t take long to start moving. Just when Big Top and his team were just yards away; the train quickly picked up speed, losing the circus stallions in the dust. Magnus smiled as he waved with satisfaction, while Fluttershy cried out for help.

As he saw the train enter a tunnel, Big Top had to stop and catch his breath,” Curses!” He growled,” he got away!”

Applejack along with the fillies, ran up to the group,” What in tarnation is going on?” Applejack said.

Big Top turned to the apple horse,” My ape… he ran off with a yellow Pegasus in his hand… a Ms. Fluttershy.”

Applejack thought that she looked familiar,” That’s my friend in his hand!”

“Forget about that for now, where is that train headed to? I must catch him.” He asked regaining his breath. He then thought to himself,” I can’t see this getting any worse!”

“I reckon that these tracks are headed off to Canterlot. And say, if that was your ape, then what made him go crazier than a dog with rabies?”

Big Top felt too annoyed to answer that question. He looked up at the city on the mountain and caught a terrible vision, causing his face to fill with fear when he saw it,” Oh no.” he muttered turning to his team. He then called,” Pegs!” The situation just became direr than before.

The assistant ran up to him,” Yes sir.”

He looked back at the elegant city. “Pegs,” he said in an urgent voice,” I need you to get the pegasi workers! We’ve gotta catch that ape pronto!”

Pegs could tell from his voice that he was afraid of something,” Why? What’s chewing you up boss?”

Big Top turned to Pegs with an even more terrified face,” He’s headed for the sophisticated capital city of Equestria! You know how these elegant ponies are? There’s gonna be lawsuits up the flanks!”

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for the next part coming tomorrow, with the finale arriving on Sunday.

I hope you've enjoyed the story so far, and I would take any feed back you would like to give me.