• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,358 Views, 68 Comments

Not On Earth Anymore - Jack Jester

  • ...
12
 68
 2,358

Chapter 4-Let The Probing Begin

I traveled back to that god forsaken cell. The guard looked at me funny until a green poof of smoke produced a scroll next to him. He read it and nodded for me to head to the back.

'Magic.' I grumbled in the back of my head. How I missed YouTube! I wondered what my my subscriptions were doing.

I sat down in the pile of hay and waited the day away until night when I could finally rest my eyes. Still no one had come. My only company was the chirps of the birds outside. I may not have been one of them, but really? They couldnt take a simple "It was a accident"? These things obviously didnt get much crime in the area or else they'd either know I was innocent of lock me up for years instead of taking me back to their houses for 10 minutes.

The blanket of night covered the sky. Its brilliant stars and abnormally bright moon illuminated the sky so much it was like a really dark version of day. It was awe-inspiring. Sadly, or maybe happily after the past 2 days, I closed my eyes to escape this world for another 8-10 hours.

The Next Morning

The shining sun showed no mercy to my adjusting eyes as I opened them. I got up and stretched, shaking out the hay that accumulated. Time for a productive day of doing nothing!

More hours passed. The guard and I had a pleasant conversation about local sweet shops in the area that I should stop by when I got out. It was like he either completely forgave me or completely forgot about yesterday! Speaking of sweets and sugar rushes, my two days of doing nothing really built up my energy. Not sure how seeing as how all I ate those past two days was a apple or two, but hey. I decided to burn it off by doing math!

I climbed up to the window sill to look out at the world. There was a whole group of ponies out there just sitting. Judging the distance and accounting for the wind, I rolled up some hay balls and fired! They jumped and started laughing. Some pegasi up in the sky took the fall for it rather than me and my devious little mind. Twilight Sparkle, mare of the hour finally decided to walk in. She gave me a look that said 'I know it was you'. I simply shrugged and told her "I have no idea what you're implying.". She smiled at that.

We went back to her library and when I entered, there was not one, but 5 other technicolor ponies from a children's coloring book. Just from their looks I could see farm girl, prissy rich lady, hyper one, shy one, and...rainbow one? She must had been incredibly feminine with those light colors and rainbow mane.

"Jadec, these are my friends."

"Names AppleJack. Howdy thar" Farm girl crossed her legs like she just won a rodeo.

"Rarity. Um, pleased to meet you." Oh great, prissy one is british too.

"Hi there! Im Pinkie Pie! You're new! Are you really a stalker? I love stalkers! Well...I dont really, but I love CORN stalks! They're just so fun to knock over and make funny--" The feminist put her hoof in the hyper one's mouth to stop her from talking.

"Im Rainbow Dash, fastest pony in Equestria! Dont get any ideas stalker boy, you'll have to wait in line like the rest once I get in the Wonder Bolts!" My feeling about this one left me. Obviously not a feminist, at least she sounded fun.

"Right, so they're here to help me answer some questions about you." Twilight said.

"Questions? What, dont trust stalkers?" I prodded.

"Its not that. Well, it is but--"

"Look. As long as I dont have to spend another night in that jail in a way that isnt illegal, I'll do whatever you say. Just make it quick. I have stuff to do."

They didnt look to fond of my tone.

Rainbow put her hooves up. "Watch out, we got a tough flank over here."

'You're doing it wrong' memes flashed through my head. I chuckled at the thought.

Twilight sat me down in a chair.

"Jadec,do you know what happens when I use a spell on you?" She asked me.

"A what now? You mean when you shoot me in the face with that flash light on your head?"

"...Yes." She said, simplifying it for me.

"Yeah. I get a headache"

"Not quite." She knocked on her head. "You become...not you. From what I've seen, you actually negate what ever effect my spell had and black out."

I looked at her.

"Not just that, but you become like a pet, obeying any orders I throw at you." My eyes widened as she talked.

"You've been turning me into a slave?!" I jumped up. Rainbow tried to sit me back down but I shook her off like a fly. "What did you do to me while I was out?!"

"Nothing! It simply made my question asking easier! You didnt try to resist or lie or anything! Thats one of the reasons I trusted you enough to spend another night there. I knew there was more to your story and I knew you wouldnt try anything funny." She tried to calm me down.

I was still hot. The thought of blacking out for who knows how long and becoming a puppet terrified me.

"I want to know why. Maybe it can lead to answers about other things. There are other animals and even illnesses that are magic resistant like you, and I believe if I can get to the bottom of what makes you, you, then I can get to bottom of what makes them, them."

"What shes tryina say is we need you to be a test dummy so wes can fix some stuff here in Equestria." Apple Jack said.

I looked at them. "And whats in it for me?" I asked, crossing my arms. Like I was about to bend over and let them probe me so they could control more animals!

"Well for one, if you have anywhere to go, you'd be free too. Otherwise Im sure we can arrange something here in Ponyville."

"And if I refuse?"

Rarity's horn glowed. "Deary, please dont."

I backed up a bit. Twilight put her hoof over Rarity's horn and turned to me.

"If you dont, then you go back to jail and serve the time you owe for breaking and entering."

Sighing, I took my place back down at eye level with them, sitting in the chair. Pinkie circled me, eyeing me down like a predator. She stopped after a minute of this and starred right into my eyes, right into my soul. She poked my chest with her hoof and smiled. "You have funny clothes!" She laughed out.

Over the course of the day I was bombarded endless questions about myself, my people, my planet, our relation to magic (these ponies and their magic!) and the effects of technology. I gave them as detailed of a response as I could on all subjects. Not like I could do much. Before I woke up in her bed, I didnt even know what career I wanted to pursue, let alone have a degree in any of these fields that qualified me to teach anyone about them.

"Great. Just one more thing." Twilight said as her horn glowed.

"What now--" I didnt even finish the sentence before she shot me with a bolt of magic.

The same thing happened like all those other times. I couldnt focus on anything but the pain coursing though my entire body. It was as if my blood had turned to lava and my brain became a bomb, forever caught in a explosion. Everything turned a bright shade of purple before it faded to black again.
---
"See?" I said.

"Now what?" Apple Jack asked.

"Now," Dashie rubbed her hooves together, "We have some fun! Arise!" She pointed to Jadec.

He just laid there, still shaking.

"Let me try." I told her. "Get up."

With that, his eyes opened to that familiar color as he got up from his wooden bed.

"Do a barrel roll!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Again, he did nothing. It seemed as if he only responded to my commands. Maybe because I was the one who cast the spell on him?

"The first time this happened, it was a attitude spell. Then, a levitation spell. This time I cast a knowledge spell. Its the same result every time. His body just ignores any spell and shuts down. Rarity, I want you to cast a spell on him." I told her.

"But it seemed quite painful for him before. Are you sure, deary?"

I looked over to his emotionless face. "Yes."

She did as I asked and carefully cast a weak smoke spell. Instead of shrouding him in a cloud of smoke, it had the same reaction as mine did on him. The same painful screams, the same electrical flow washing over him, the same black out. This time Rarity asked him to get up. He did as she asked like a puppy. His eyes here blue this time, the tint of her magic.

"Cooooool..." We all echoed.