• Published 29th Nov 2015
  • 2,423 Views, 26 Comments

Mysterious Ways - Peridork



Fluttershy has to deal with being a vampire and figuring out who's been murdering vampires in Canterlot.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,423

Unfortunate Situation

This was not Fluttershy's best idea. Now stealing something from Crystal Prep was usually hard. They had been on edge after the whole night sky exploded in hellfire last Fall Formal. Sure they were hyper paranoid monster hunters anyway, but having their theories that had been hypothesized for a few hundred years paying off in one blast really made them notice the rivalry between the schools. But the schools weren't always segregated into Monsters at CHS and Hunters at Crystal Prep. Fluttershy knew that the Drama Club led by that Trixie girl was full of humans. Humans were fantastic in covert missions.

She just wished that the fastest one at that job wasn't Trixie.

***

The thing about Trixie wasn't that she was full on annoying per se. Her family life was just really weird. Being the adopted daughter of the Vice Principal of the school could do that to a girl. All in all, she learned how to be a complete and utter mess at social interactions, but she really knew how to shine in drama. At least Fluttershy liked that she was super easy to bribe- she absolutely adored peanut butter crackers.

Walking up to the attached house of the Principals always felt weird to Fluttershy. Mostly because it wasn't school related and that the whole family dynamic was now insane. A Demon Queen of Hell, a School Principal, the Vice Principal in Alcoholics Anonymous, and a drama nerd could do that.

She chalked up the crazy to stress related to deal with schools being dumb.

Ringing the doorbell and waiting was the worst because seeing teachers after school doing normal things like having lives and families was not on the normal list of things that students would love.

Having the door opened by Vice Principal Luna while she was wearing bunny pajamas? That was unexpected.

"Fluttershy? What are you doing here at this time of night?" Luna peered out behind Fluttershy to check if she was being 'punked' as her sister liked calling pranks nowadays. Luna's eye twitched. She had been on edge ever since she had tried to crash her sister's car into the school. She had only wanted to host a school dance that lasted all night long and her sister said no. Sure then she got wasted on moonshine and then tried to commit manslaughter with a car.

She did laugh about the whole experience after she went to prison for a while.

"Oh is Trixie here cause I have this project for class that I wanted her to look over."

Fluttershy hated lying to Luna about why she was actually here but time probably was of the essence with this and getting Trixie to come out to her was easier this way.

"Sure, why not? Its not like I thought you were the pizza man." Luna trudged in the house dejectedly- her ankle bracelet faintly beeping as she went back towards the center of the house.

Fluttershy tried to strike up conversation with the Vice Principal. "So seen any good movies lately?"

Luna looked askance at the girl. "Not really, but my life was a prison drama for a year."

"Ouch?"

"That's what my cellmates said when I showed them my hygiene regimen."

"Who are you talking to, Luna? You know how Doctor Turner said you needed your antipsychotics. . . oh Fluttershy what are you doing here?"

Principal Celestia was not much better than her sister in her choice of attire. Sun polka dots did not do great things for her. Though she did have good poise for being surprised by Fluttershy.

"Need Trixie for something."

Celestia groaned. Of course. There weren't many reasons why students would come to her inner sanctum away from the kids unless they needed her daughter or her sister's. "Back room." Celestia wanted to watch her nightly soap opera and go to bed. Temple of Desire was having a great arc with Sapphire Shores guest starring. "Why can't I go on magical adventures like those characters? All I do is get paperwork and whatnot."

***

Fluttershy glanced into Trixie's room. For being Luna's daughter, she was rather boring with her room choices. The room was just a bed, a desk, a dresser, and not much else. Though what dominated her room were total nerd things. Action figures and statues dominated a wall showing off her different likes. A strange purple and black dress hung up on another wall near black boots and gloves. Putting that up to Trixie recently watching a few too many superhero movies- she nudged the hyperfocused drama nerd awake.

"Trixie was not asleep, she was carefully watching for intruders."

"Uh huh. Well I won't tell your Drama geek clique that anytime soon if you get me some information on the whole mess going on with this Moondancer murder that just happened. You have to know at least something since everyone knows how involved the Drama Club is in literal drama."

Trixie moved some of her hair out of her face to better present herself and rubbed her hands together. "The club is only for Drama. We never said what kind or how far. I mean if you really need anything little Battershy I really don't doubt I could find it out for you."

Fluttershy winced at the nickname. First of all, she hadn't told humans about her vampirism and yet here's probably the most conniving witch in the school knowing her personal secret. "How did you even know?"

"Trade secret. But no matter you rather fine specimen of unfortunate implications- I bet you want to see what everybody knows about this little mess." Trixie grabbed her smartphone and held up a finger to stop Fluttershy from interrupting her. "I wouldn't want to do that if I were you. Messing with my concentration makes hacking into some fun sources so much harder. Go see what my hellish sister is doing cause this is going to take a while.

Fluttershy shrugged and walked out of Trixie's room. At least there could be a lead soon. And Sunset was rather fun now or at least much more relatable to a vampire like her.

***

Fluttershy found the Queen of the school in the backyard.

"Hey."

"Sup? What brings you into my Faustian presence mere fledgling?"

"Cut it vampout. I know its just you at the moment Sunset. Full demonic presence I can actually smell."

"Man I thought you'd at least be able to joke about something instead of being unable to take a joke like my aunt. What caused you to be in such a nit, your bitchiness?" Sunset grinned.

"Vampire crap."

"And that's nothing new. At least not to me since you talk about it everyday when you can. And come on vampires are so small fry anyway. You at least don't have to deal with all the demon hormones and infighting when you are the only Queen of Hell. Real boys club down there." Sunset slid a cigarette out of her black jacket and offered it to Fluttershy.

"Nah I'm good. Fire isn't my favorite thing to go near."

"Your loss." Sunset snapped her fingers and a small flame danced on her hand. Quickly aiming her cigarette towards it, she quickly took in a puff of air to let the fire catch. Puffing out, she deftly let smoke rings dance on the air. "Man I love how fun fire powers can be. Makes things so much easier."

"Well is this Sunset or Belphegor I'm talking to?"

Sunset's demon pal that shared her body now was known to a lot of people in the school. It was an unspoken nonentity that existed. It helped that a few youtube videos had surfaced of Sunset opening a portal to Hell. It didn't really matter to Fluttershy if that event caused a lot of kids to start carrying crosses and rosaries and all that. Vampires actually rather liked having religious symbols near them anyway- made people complacent and easygoing since movies spread that whole vampire weakness checklist. Sombra just called that the "Anti-Italian list of weaknesses. There was some fallout about opening up another plane of existence on the news but most outside of the school thought it was some found footage CGI practical joke. And no, no angels were seen in the making of that movie.

Crystal Prep took all the signs of Canterlot High being a literal den of demons super seriously though. Sunset chuckled loudly the next week when people started throwing salt on her or trying to trap her in hastily drawn demon traps.

Sunset laughed. "Why not both of us?" Her eyes flashed red and she hummed to herself. "But seriously deal with your stuff. All of us are in highschool come on- live a little Miss Stick in the Mud. Or don't. Just don't come crying to me when your fun meddling with the natural order of school starts wrecking house. Trust me. It isn't always a blast finding some secret that is trying to remain buried. Really harshes my mellow."

Fluttershy lightly hugged Sunset and the two almost had a tender moment before Trixie barged in.

"Eww gross. . .also Sunset I'm telling your mom that you haven't stopped smoking."

Sunset just showed Trixie how much she cared about that threat with a few choice gestures.

"Well okay then whatever. Breathe in that smoke, see if I care. Fluttershy, the great and wonderful Trixie found a lead at least."

The vampire raised an eyebrow at this. "Really its only been like twenty minutes."

Trixie groaned. "And half that time was just me hacking into the records of the police department and both schools to see records as to who didn't call in on Moondancer's death. After checking the records I found some juicy stuff my club can use to stir up drama. But that's super not necessary for your purposes. The only person I could find that was conspicuously absent that didn't call in at all was Nurse Fleur from Crystal Prep. And I could have checked all the student records as well but it'd take me hours to skirt through that."

"Damn it. Fine. I'll start there."

Fluttershy really didn't like dealing with Fleur. Not that she was a snooty rich lady that overlorded over everyone- no. It was because Fleur was a crazy insane nurse that just so happened to be one of Sombra's favorites. The prim and proper nurse hid some crazy tendencies that really didn't come out unless other people knew about them. And while Fluttershy liked some history lessons- thankfully since all the long lived vampires loved talking about the things they saw- Fleur took it to a whole other level of obsession. Fluttershy shivered at the thought of the last meeting the two vampires had.

Sombra had to pay her well for finding this murderer cause this search for answers wasn't shaping up well.

Author's Note:

Yes Luna went to prison- it was a real nightmare for her.
Sorry for the wait- I now have a lot of time on my hands. Probably going to focus on these stories far more so they aren't a literally yearly occurrence. Things will be much faster now. And yes I have way too much knowledge about supernatural creatures and mythology. If I think back to when I first watched EQG and saw demon Sunset I wondered about how I could use her and have fun with it.

I also planned for light humor because I like some comedy in here. Makes it feel right to me at least.