• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 2,532 Views, 31 Comments

The Equestrian, Fairy Tactician - proverbs



Mavis Vermillion returns to Tenrou Island after the Grand Magic games, but finds herself in a different world where it places great value on Friendship.

  • ...
1
 31
 2,532

Day Zero of Adventure

This story takes place at the beginning of the MLP Series and will continue from there.


Kingdom of Fiore, Location: Unknown, Destination: Tenrou Island, Time: 6:37 p.m.

Mavis Vermillion, Fairy Tail’s first Guildmaster, was returning home to Tenrou Island. Her birthplace and final resting place.

Floating over the vast sea towards her home, she couldn’t help but reminisce of everything that has happened. Her parent’s death, her Red Lizard guildmates, Zeira…

Shaking her head to rid herself of such thoughts she looked back to the humble beginnings of Fairy Tail and how it got to where it was today.

Yury Dreyar, Makarov’s father and Laxus’ Great-Grandfather... Just thinking that Yury’s bloodline continues to be part of Fairy Tail makes her proud.

Warrod Sequen, just knowing that he was alive made her extremely happy. He was always a good man- er, tree. On top of which, he’s one of the Ten Wizard Saints! Now that was incredible.

Precht… The man she trusted to be the Second Master… When Makarov told her that he was Grimoire Heart’s Guildmaster, it hurt her deeply. She didn’t want to believe it, but when she heard Ivan Dreyar talking about Lumen Histoire, her sorrow transformed into rage and guilt, because the man she trusted with her most treasured secret when and blabbed it to someone who would never become Fairy Tail’s Guildmaster, on top of being an expelled member… Well, let’s just say that may God have mercy on the soul that anger’s Mavis Vermillion.

Touching down on the white sunny beach and looking up at the Tenrou Tree, brightened her mood considerably. She loves what Makarov has done with the guild. He made it even better.

That was her hope for each new Guildmaster. They would put their own personal touch into the Guild making it better. Though from the stories she’s heard, Precht was far sterner and actually tried to keep the “Little Faries” in line, while Makarov allowed them to be rambunctious and loud. Mavis herself, taught all the Little Faries to be kind and gentle to each other.

But there were a few things that remained constant with herself, Precht and Makarov. That Fairy Tail is- and will always be- a place where friends can gather, Wizards can find work, and children who have no kin to call their own, can feel like they’re part of a family.

Like-wise, it’s also important that each member not only be loyal to themselves and to his or her fellow members, but also trustworthy. Otherwise no bonds will form and the entire Guild will fall apart.

Mavis believed, that one doesn’t need to have powerful magic to become a great Wizard. They just need to have the heart and then anything would be possible.

Going on that line of thinking brought her thoughts to Zeref… The greatest Dark Wizard to ever walk the Earth. Their last meeting ended on less than friendly terms with them each declaring all-out war on each other. But she was confident that Fairy Tail will end up as the victor. So long as they pulled together as family.

sigh, Well, I guess better return to my eternal rest…” Turning around to the face the sunset Mavis let a small smile grace her lips. “I know you can do it Fairy Tail. Please be strong.”

As she started to walk away, a powerful light surrounded her, two rainbows began to swirl around her.

Mavis was frantic! Looking left and right, trying to find a way out of the swirling vortex of technicolor. But every time she tried ramming or hitting it, she would just bounce back, and return to the center of it all.

As the light began to swirl faster and faster, it also condensed and became smaller and smaller, until it finally consumed Mavis Vermillion, leaving behind no trace.

(end scene)

Location: Unknown, Destination: Unknown, Time: Unknown

Mavis found herself floating in a void like place. Or the space between spaces. She had no idea where she was, or where she came from. All she knew that whatever that light show was about, it was taking her “forward” to a new place, but where that place was she had no idea.

Now, most people would be terrified that they would be going someplace new and unheard of, but Mavis was one of the co-founding members of Fairy Tail as well as its First Master! So she knew that this wasn’t something to be scared of, but to be excited about. It was a whole new adventure!

With that thought in mind, Mavis put on a brave yet determined face and welcomed whatever was going to be thrown her way… Little did she know how much would be thrown her way.

(end scene)

Equestria, Location: Castle of the Two Sisters, Time: 8:21 a.m.

The Mane six just defeated, Nightmare Moon. Celestia just barely raised the sun and entered into the throne room.

Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie all bowed to the Princess, except…

gasp, Princess Celestia!” Twilight then began to trot to where her teacher was standing and began to nuzzle her.

“Twilight Sparkle,” a gesture that she herself returned. “My faithful student. I knew you could do it.”

Twilight looked up at her beloved Princess with bewilderment in her eyes. “But… you told me it was just an old pony’s tale?”

Giving her a small mile, Celestia shook her head. “I told you to make some friends nothing more.” She then turned her gaze towards her little ponies and looked at each and every one in turn. “I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon’s return. And I knew that it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her.” Returning her attention to Twilight she continued. “But I knew you couldn’t unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart.”

Twilight looked back at her friends and smiled. A smile that they each returned.

“Now if only another will as well… Princess Luna.”

Everyone turned their attention to the remnants of Nightmare Moon’s armor and found… saw another Alicorn much like Princess Celestia!

Except this Alicorn was grayish phthalo blue, with a very light azure mane, with a crescent moon for a Cutie Mark.

Celestia began walking up to the smaller Alicorn with grace but with a hardened expression. “It has been a thousand years since I’ve seen you like this.” She then began to kneel to bring herself down to eye level of this “Princess Luna” who was cowering in fear. “It is time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together little sister…”

“Sister?” The Mane six gasped at this.

Celestia rose to her full height, “…will you accept my Friendship?”

Everypony leaned forward in anticipation… And in the case of a certain pink mare, a little too much because she promptly fell over with a “Waoh!”

Princess Luna looked down at the ground, feeling the tears in her eyes, then ran forwards and embraced her elder sister. “I’m so sorry! I missed you so much Big Sister!”

Celstia felt tears of her own and quickly reciprocated the action. “I’ve missed you-“

Flash! Crash!

Everyone looked around for the newest disturbance and their eyes quickly settled on a strange creature. The creature had a mane of blonde that just barely touched the ground, with a frilly pink layered robe with a bow of red ribbon around her neck. Around the chest- or at least what they assumed was the chest- were three blue diamond patterns with two blue triangle above the diamonds, with an outline in hot pink, with two sets of ears- one set looked like small light pink Pegasus wings, while the other looked like strange ovals.

Likewise the creature looked at each and every horse/pony in turn taking in every detail. From the butter-cream Pegasus to the white-horned Pegasus she was mesmerized by each and every single one of them.

Composing herself, she cleared her throat then grabbed the sides of her robe and gave a curt, curtsy, while bowing her head. “Hello, my name Mavis Vermillion. Co-founder and First Guildmaster of the Fairy Tail guild.” Standing up straight she then looked at tall white-horned Pegasus with a tiara. “Who might you be?”

Author's Note:

Clarification; Mavis Vermillion has access to all three Fairy Magics- Fairy Law, Fairy Sphere and Fairy Glitter. No she will not use them until absolutely forced to.

Mavis- much like Celestia- is wise enough to know, that in order to people to get stronger and grow as a person, they must overcome their own problems. She will step in if she feels that they are in grave danger but will mostly leave them alone to deal with their own problems.

Please, if I misspelled anything, don't be afraid to point it out.

Also, please review, favorite and follow.

Until next time!