• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 2,948 Views, 61 Comments

An Equestrian Girls Christmas Carol - Epicdiscord214



It's Christmas in the human world and everyone's celebrating... except Sunset Shimmer. She hates Christmas. What she doesn't know is that one night can change it all.

  • ...
6
 61
 2,948

The 2nd Visitor

15 minutes later, Sunset Shimmer woke up with the clock tolls. As soon as the 10th chime ended, something went bumb. That bump made herjump.

"What was that," Sunset Shimmer asked.

Sunset picked up a flashlight and followed the noise to the living room. Then, some soot fell from the fireplace chimney. Suddenly, a large, red figure appeared from the fireplace.

Sunset Shimmer took a closer look and saw that it was a big man with a red suit and white trimmings. She saw that it also had big, black boots and red gloves. There was a black belt across the wait. Upon looking at the head, there was a red had with a white tip. Sunset Shimmer widened her eyes.

"Uh, hello," Sunset Shimmer said. The figure didn't turn around. "Are you... Santa Clause?"

The big man turned around and revealed his face. Sunset Shimmer gasped when she saw his face at last. It wasn't human, but it had a pony face.

"Guess again, Sunset Shimmer," it said.

Suddenly, the costume disappeared. All that was left was a pony face, a fang sticking out of its mouth, a horn, an antler, an eagle claw, a lion pay, a goat leg, a reptile leg, a bat wing, a feathered wing, and a snake tail.

"DISCORD IS IN THE HOUSE," it shouted.

Sunset Shimmer screamed in fear in a sudden. She turned around and ran to another room. Discord just stood there.

"That could've gone better."

Sunset Shimmer screamed and hid herself in a closet. She locked the door and talked to herself.

"What was that thing," Sunset Shimmer whispered softly. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say it looks like that humongous statue in Canterlot Gardens."

Suddenly, Discord appeared behind her with a flashlight aimed at her face.

"Humongous," Discord asked. "I prefer the term 'big-boned' or 'jolly'. Now, what are we hiding from?"

Sunset Shimmer screamed again and ran upstairs. She went to her room and pushed herself under her bed.

"That was the statue from the gardens," she told herself. "But that's impossible, isn't it?"

"It's entirely impossible." Sunset looked right next to her and saw Discord right next to her under the bed. "You know, I like this hiding place a lot better. They'll never find us in here." Sunset Shimmer was staring at Discord, who then sighed. "Scream and run." Sunset Shimmer screamed and ran out of her room. "And there she goes."

Sunset Shimmer ran to her living room and ran toward the door. She almost caught the doorknob, but Discord wrapped his tail around her waist and pulled her away.

"You can't go outside," Discord said. "It's a blizzard out there. You'll catch hypothermia. And you're cold-blooded enough as it is."

Sunset Shimmer removed the tail and stared at her visitor. "Who and what are you?"

"I'm Justin Beiber in three years," Discord answered. "No, kid. I'm just Discord. I am a draconequus, an extra-rare, magical creature with a sense for nonsense. Anything that is impossible, to me, is possible."

"Where did you come from," Sunset Shimmer asked.

"When two freakshows love each other very much..." Discord said.

"No," Sunset Shimmer interrupted. "I mean, where did you just come from?"

"Equestria, kid," Discord said. "Where do you think?"

"But... how did you get here," Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Through the mirror," Discord answered. "True, there are other methods of world travel, but I like the old fashioned approach. Ever since Princess Twilight discovered a way to use that enchanted notebook to activate that mirror, any pony could get through at any time."

"But the mirror turns Equestrians human when they enter this world," Sunset Shimmer said. "How are you like this?"

"It's my unique magic," Discord said. "My powers protect me from any side-effects crossing the mirror can do to me, Ms. Shimmer."

"How do you know who I am," Sunset Shimmer asked.

"You haven't figured it out yet," Discord asked. "Kid, I'm your visitor. Princess Celestia sent me to give you some holiday spirit."

"Why," Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Because you turned from Sunset Shimmer to the Snow Queen," Discord said.

"No, I mean, why did Princess Celestia send YOU," Sunset Shimmer asked. "Wouldn't have been a better idea for Twilight to come?"

"Ouch, that hurts," Discord said. "Anyway, Princess Celestia did think about Princess Twilight first, but i volunteered. Mostly, it was because I didn't have anything else to do, but it was also because I owed that much to the princesses."

"Owed them," Sunset Shimmer said. "For what?"

"Believe it or not, you're not the only ex-villain in Equestria," the draconequus explained. "I may have misused my powers a little bit. For that, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna turned me into a lawn ornament."

"The statue in Canterlot Gardens," Sunset Shimmer realized.

"Exactly," Discord said. "That was me. For millennia, I had been stuck in that exact same spot and stuck in that same pose. As time passed, the spell broke and I continued to spread my mayhem. Unfortunately, Twilight Sparkle and her friends turned me back to stone. Luckily, I got parole and changed my outlook on life. I'm a whole new man, so to speak.

"But enough about me. I'm here for you. Why don't you let me show you the quality of enjoying Christmas?"

"Oh, please," Sunset Shimmer groaned. "What do you know about Christmas?"

"Everything," Discord said. "Before I got went through the portal, I had a crash course on this world's version of Hearth's Warming Eve. Now, I'm going to help you."

"I don't need any help," Sunset Shimmer said.

"Is that so," Discord said. He held up an elf statue with a broken head. "So this elf is supposed to have no face. Please?"

"No," Sunset Shimmer said.

Suddenly, Discord changed into woman's clothes and make-up. He spoke in a woman's voice, "Pretty please."

"What the," Sunset Shimmer gasped. "Look, the last thing I need is any help.

Discord changed back to his normal self and groaned. "Come on, red. Just let me help. You have no idea what it's like to still be considered bad."

"Really," Sunset Shimmer asked gesturing toward herself.

"All right, you got me there," Discord said. "But that's why I'm the perfect guy to help you.

"My dear, you've been heartless

For most of your life

Leading your soul to cause

So much pain and strife

Your beauty was only skin deep

You've been rotten to the core

You had everything a girl could want

But still, you wanted mooooooore

Well, now's your chance to change it

Spread some festive joy

Be good to every girl and boy

Turn your horns into a halo

Then, you'll know where you're gonna go

So go and spread out...

Festive joy

Hang out the popcorn chains

And decorate the tree

Don't forget to deck the halls

With a whole bunch of holly

Christmas is the one time

You spend with those who care

You wouldn't want to see them disappear

Out of thin air

Well, now's your chance to take it

Spread some festive joy

Don't let your misery destroy

When you wish upon a star

Then you'll know what you are

So go and spread out...

Festive joy

If you want happiness

If you want to take part

Then use the power of friendship

To break your frozen heart

Now's the golden opportunity

To change the yuletide

It's your time to earn all your friends

Embrace the right side

Well, now's your chaaaaaance to have it

Spread some festive joy

Ignore all the details that annoy

Christmas should have no flaws

From the fireplace to Santa Clause

So go and spread out...

Festive joy

WELL, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO LOVE IT

SPREAD SOME FESTIVE JOY

BE GOOD TO EVERY GIRL AND BOY

IF YOU WAKE AND SMELL THE SNOW

THEN YOU'LL SEE JUST WHERE TO BLOW

TURN YOUR HORNS INTO A HALO

THEN, YOU'LL KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GONNA GOOOOOOO

SO GO AAAAAAND...

SPREEEEEAAAAAAD OOOOOUUUUUUUT...

FESTIVE JOY"

"Okay," Sunset Shimmer said, "But it's only so you can get lost."

"Excellent," Discord said. "First, we gotta ask ourselves, why? Why do you hate Christmas so much?"

"Don't make me talk about it," Sunset Shimmer said.

"All right," Discord said. "We'll just see it for ourselves."

"WHAT," Sunset Shimmer gasped. "WAIT..."

It was too late. Discord snapped his eagle claw and the two of them disappeared in a flash of light.