• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 485 Views, 3 Comments

The Open Door - shocklee



When a human from this world enters the Eqeustrian world from behind the door, things get a bit mixed up.

  • ...
16
 3
 485

Prologue: The Scoll

Once there was a man named Trion the Pharisee who lived in Jerusalem. He was a Pharisee and a Scholar during the old times of the Hebrews, about 25 A.D to be exact, along with his best friend Nicodemus. He has a wide knowledge of secrets and stuffs like that. He knows many foreign languages and secret codes. He can read scriptures and scrolls far beyond anyone’s knowledge. He and Nicodemus witnessed Jesus’ death, resurrection, and ascension. He and his friend are part of Jesus’ disciples but aren’t very active that time because of the people who hated Him will turn against them.

Like Nicodemus, Trion also have some adversaries against his fellow Pharisees and Priests. One of them is Ananias the High Priest. He always give Trion a hard time, forcing him to do whatever Ananias wants and then giving him small wage. He would never let Trion be free of doing what he wanted to do and He never gave him free time to be himself. He saw a sense of favouritism between the Pharisees: he gets little when his enemies get much; he gets few when they have many, but he doesn’t seem to care.

One night, Trion went home. He then climbed downstairs to his dark, basement. As he went down, he went beside a door which is beside an old rack full of books and papers. He opened the door, and suddenly there was a flash of light was in front of him. After the flash, two creatures with crowns stood in front of him.

“Princess Celestia and Princess Luna”, Trion bowed lowly.

“You called?” said Princess Celestia.

“I have found something while I was studying the scriptures of the people of the past” he exclaimed.

“What is it?” asked Princess Luna.

“A scroll” he stated; “A scroll that contains the prophecy to Equestria! It contains the upcoming conflict in Equestria, and the rise of an alicorn who is destined to bring peace and harmony back.”

The princesses looked at each other.

“Do you have any other information about this ‘prophecy’?” said Princess Luna.

“Well, the scroll states that only the union of a human and an alicorn can bring the said amity back” replied Trion as he handed over the said scroll.

“Thank you Trion” said Princess Celestia, “And to make sure that the paper will be kept out from the wrong hands (or hooves), we shall seal it with an unbreakable seal. Only the ones mentioned in the scroll can only be able to break it and read whatever is inside.”

The two princesses then went back to Equestria and left Trion alone. He climbed upstairs and was about to head back to his room when suddenly three of his fellow Pharisees gripped his neck.

“Tell us, who were those creatures you were talking to right now!?” one of them shouted.

“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about!” struggled Trion.

“Blasphemy!” they said as they threw Trion to the ground. “This man must be brought to Ananias the High Priest for his blasphemy!”

They then dragged him from his house all the way down the long, dusty road until they reached Ananias’ presence. Ananias that time seated proudly at his throne, wearing his jewel-embedded clothes and a sceptre on his right hand. He then arose from his seat and walked towards the lying Pharisee beneath his feet.

“What is the meaning of all this trouble?” said Ananias.

One of the Pharisees who dragged him here whispered in Ananias’ ear on what they witnessed. Ananias stood frozen about the reports.

“What are these words that I hear?” he questioned Trion. “How did you even do these things?”

“I already told you, I don’t know what you’re talking about” Trion stood up.

“BLASPHEMY!” the Pharisees shouted.

Suddenly a riot occurred between the Pharisees and Trion. They began to punch, kick, and spit at the poor Pharisee. If someone’s very angry at him, he’ll tear his clothes apart or maybe pull his beard from his face.

“No, wait!” said Nicodemus as he saw the insurrection. “Stop this war. It doesn’t have to be distressing. We can just peacefully talk about it.” No one listened to his instructions and instead made the uprising more fiercely than before.

“This riot has to stop!” said Ananias, disgusted by the sight of the meagre, bruised scholar. “Guards, take this bloody nuisance to prison while I investigate the Pharisees’ reports. I charge him for causing a revolution in front of me.”

The soldiers whom Ananias summoned then dragged Trion to the prison. Luckily, he still has enough strength to escape the guards’ hands. They chased Trion and even called for back-up but Trion managed to run away from them. He ran and ran until he reached a harbour. A ship was about to depart to Rome. He saw this as a chance to finally escape the high priest’s hands but as he was about to boar on, he was stopped by none other than Nicodemus.

“Trion” Nicodemus said, “Where are you trying to go?”

“I’m going away” Trion replied, “Far away from Ananias and the other Pharisees.”

“So you’ll just leave me here after all we’ve been through? I can talk to Ananias for you. I can talk to your enemies for you. I can –”

“Nicodemus, you don’t have to trouble yourself just to settle this problem. It’s my fault why I’m covered with scars and bruises and it’s my fault why you’re being hurt too. But maybe if I went far away from them, eventually the whole problem might fade away.”

“Will you ever come back?”

“When the prophecy is about to be fulfilled, then I will come back.”

“So what am I to do while you’re away?”

“Guar the door at my basement; make sure no one enters the basement.”

Nicodemus then hugged Trion goodbye. Trion waved to Nicodemus as he departed towards Rome. Nicodemus waved back.

“I promise I will return!” Trion shouted.

“And I promise I’ll take care of that basement of yours!” Nicodemus screamed back.

Meanwhile, Ananias, the group of Pharisees, and some guards reached Trion’s basement. One of them stood beside the door in which Equestria is hidden.

“I saw him open the door like this” he said.

Suddenly, as he opened the door, there was another bright flash of light. As the glow subsided, everyone was surprised to see the full view of Mesopotamian Equestria (Equestria during the old times).

“See!?” the Pharisee exclaimed, “Trion was just fooling all of you around. Open your eyes, my fellow Pharisees. These creatures are real!”

“I see now that Trion was a fool to me; that Trion failed to please me. This is the reason why I despised him and hated him but now he’s gone and all I have to worry” he then stepped his foot on the grounds of Equestria “is these creatures. Get them! Get as many as you can!”

He, the Pharisees and the soldiers who went with him then charged to Equestria to kidnap all the ponies they can find. They would turn tables around, pick up earth ponies and unicorns running around and put them inside bags. They would catch flying pegasi with their nets and bind them up. They will kidnap fillies and colts from their families and then burn their houses down. The terror gets worse every succeeding minute until word has reached Canterlot.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna” said of the royal guards, “Troubles is happening at Equestria.”

“What is it?” asked Princess Luna.

The guard pointed towards a terrace which gestured the two princesses to look out the distressing event: humans chasing and tying ponies up, soldiers going from house to house stealing the young ones and Pharisees beating up earth ponies.

“Where did these humans come from!?” said Princess Celestia.

“We don’t know” answered the guard. “We just saw them running around suddenly from the entrance to the Everfree Forest.”

“You think this is Trion’s doing?” said Princess Luna.

“I don’t know” Princess Celestia answered, “But we’re about to find out.”

Princess Celestia then casted a spell that will freeze all humans that were caught in her magic; then she flew down from her castle.

“And I suppose you were the one causing this trouble?” said Princess Celestia as she talked to Ananias.

“It’s none of your business!” said Ananias.

“And I presume a human named Trion brought you here?” asked Princess Luna.

“He’s gone now!” he replied, “And there’s nothing you can do about it!”

“I knew we can’t trust that man!” Princess Celestia said to Princess Luna. “He would only lead us to trouble like these. I’m sorry that I opened the pathway to two universes, but we will fix everything up.”

And with that, both princesses casted a powerful magic within the soldiers, the Pharisees, and Ananias; the ground started to shake and bright, powerful sparks of lightning started to spurt out of nowhere. The men were then covered with clouds as the princesses said:

“For you have been given a privilege
To travel between two worlds without an edge
But since trouble you brought to us, then you’ll yield
We close the door until the prophecy’s fulfilled!”

The princesses finished the spell with a flash. They were then sent back to earth with their memories erased of the events that happened. After that, Princess Celestia casted a spell upon the door in which the pathway to Equestria was gone.

“But sister, how can the one mentioned in the scroll travel to us if you sealed the way here?” asked Princess Luna.

“I casted a spell in which only the one whom the scroll states can travel to both worlds” she replied.

Meanwhile, Nicodemus still waits for Trion’s return by taking over Trion’s house for him. Little did he know that Trion already travelled far from Jerusalem, not only to Rome but he also went to Greece, Spain, Britain, and many more places. As he was on Britain, he saw a ship going to America so he boarded that ship and sailed off. He then decided to stay in America. After many years, he got a new family in America while Nicodemus still watches for Trion’s comeback. And ever since that day Trion made a new clan in America and Nicodemus patiently waiting for him, the word “Equestria” were erased on both their minds and no one ever heard of it again.

…except for one…