• Published 5th Dec 2014
  • 640 Views, 4 Comments

Ballad of the Four Mages - Obsidian Chitin



The world is dying. The four crystals that bring harmony to the land have fallen into a deep slumber. Four mages arrive in Canterlot, each clutching a Crystal Key...

  • ...
3
 4
 640

Verse I - Prelude

The world is veiled in darkness...

Footsteps echoed throughout the cavern. Four figures stepped their way past the stones that littered the ground.

The seas begin to turmoil...

A large stone wall stands before them. One figure steps ahead of the others and raises its hands upwards, two silver orbs releasing from its palms. The orbs floated towards the wall before melding into it.

The wind ceases to blow...

A loud rumble echoed throughout the cave as the wall opened, revealing a secret passage made of silver brick. The four figures made their way down the staircase, towards the light at the bottom.

The earth begins to rot...

The four figures walked into the holy room. It was a small room, made of the same silver brick as the staircase. The only items within the room sat on a circular knee-high pedestal of platinum, locked within an unadorned chest made of gold.

The air grows cold...

Four hands reached out and rested on the top of the chest. One hand was aqua, one blue, one white, and one violet. The chest glowed softly, and a faint *click* could be heard.

The only hope left is in a legend...

Blue hands opened the chest, revealing the sacred contents within: Four small shimmering crystals. One red, one yellow, one green, one blue.

When the world is lost, four warriors of light will come forth bearing the Crystal Keys to return balance to the land.”

One grabbed the red crystal: A blue mare with violet eyes, long silver hair, a violet star-studded cloak and hat, and an obsidian rod with a ball of silver at the end of its clutches.

One grabbed the green crystal: An aqua mare with golden eyes, a striped light-blue and white mane, white cloak with red triangle trim, and an iron battle hammer on her belt.

One grabbed the blue crystal: A white mare with red eyes, a short electric blue striped mane, long green cloak and black undershirt, and a steel shortsword in a black leather sheath.

One grabbed the yellow crystal: A lavender mare with violet eyes, long straight blue hair with a single pink stripe down the middle, a purple coat with white frills and a single star on the chest, and a bronze staff with the design of a clock at the end.

Four mages ready to embark on a quest to save Equuis.