• Published 4th Dec 2014
  • 324 Views, 3 Comments

Once upon a chicken - Derpy_Suzumiya



Scootaloo goes on an adventure to prove she isn't a chicken.

  • ...
 3
 324

The meeting


preface

Her heart raced as she galloped towards the exit, hoping with every last nerve in her body that she can step into the sunlight once more, even more so hoping that she could go back to Ponyville. Oh, how she wished she was in ponyville right now, surrounded by her best friends. A cold shiver tingled down her spine as she heard another deep roar coming from the depths of the cave, which of course, only made her run faster. She could feel her legs about to give out, but she had no chance to stop. It’s either don’t rest or die. She desperately flapped her small pegasus wings, hoping that she could at least hover a little bit above the ground to elevate her speed by a little bit, that was all she needed. She could feel the ground shaking as the creature’s shadow slowly overtook her path. She now knew there was no escape, this was it. This was where she was going to say goodbye to everything she ever did. Her thoughts clouded up and some of her most memorable moments flashed by her eyes. She thought she heard someone yell her name, but it was too late. She fell to the ground, exhausted, then blacked out.

chapter 1

It was a stunningly sunny day in ponyville. All the ponies were outside enjoying this surprisingly nice weather, after all, the pegasus ponies scheduled a storm for today. Might as well take advantage of this nice morning before the pegasus ponies started to move the clouds into place! Ponies happily trotted around the worn down, dirt streets of ponyville, rejoicing in the sunny rays that happily reflected off the windows of all the shops and market place stands that lined the streets. Fresh fruit and vegetables lined all the stands, and flowers grew peacefully on the tables in front of the flower shops. The birds chirped in irreplaceable melody that brought joy to the ears of those walking past them.
One pony in particular was feeling extra daring that morning. A slightly worn, blue and red scooter made of wood ripped down the streets, forcing some ponies to move out of the way. The pony on it, a small filly, wearing a blue helmet, was getting ready for the final touch of her little performance before speeding down a road that led her to sweet apple acres, where she could have a rest at the refurbished clubhouse. Her magenta hair waved in the wind, as she took sight of a wood plank that rested on a cart full of apples. She knew this was her opportunity to really impress the ponies, maybe even rainbow dash! She took a sharp turn and headed down a different road. As the speed up, flapping her small wings as fast as she could, ponies started to literally jump out of the way for her. When she was near approaching the wood plank now, the filly got ready to jump. “here it goes,” she thought to herself. “ready, set… JUMP!” She zoomed up the wood plank and went airborne. “Woohoo!” Scootaloo cheered to herself as she flew through the crisp air and safely landed on the road that led to the clubhouse.

It took her mere seconds to arrive at the clubhouse. She turned her wheels sharp and put her orange hoof on the ground to slow herself down, perfectly timed to stop right before the ramp. As she took her helmet off and shook her hair back into place, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom came out of the clubhouse to greet her.

“There you are, we have been waiting for ever!” Applebloom said in a slightly annoyed tone. “We were supposed to start our meeting half an hour ago! Where were you?”

“Um, sorry, applebloom. I saw a wood plank and you know.. saw the opportunity and took it,” Scootaloo justified. “Thought rainbow dash might have seen me!”

“You and your scooter tricks,” Applebloom replied. “Anyway, we can’t afford to waste any more time, get up here so we can figure out what kind of amazing feat to do next!”

Scootaloo raced up the wooden ramp that led to the clubhouse, which was strategically placed in a tree, considering this was an apple farm. The Cutie mark crusader's meeting was about to commence!

Author's Note:

Hi everypony! So this is the first chapter of my first fanfic ever! I don't know how good it is.. pinkie please leave feedback so I can find out ways to improve! Thank you! :3