• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 535 Views, 26 Comments

The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies - Equestrian Career



When the musical West Side Story is introduced to the Mane 6, they travel into the movie! What do they do? What happens to them? And most importantly, who will get shipped with who by the readers? Read the story and find out!

  • ...
8
 26
 535

Chapter 1

Back in Equestria, the real Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy were all waiting by the portal in Twilight's new castle. All of a sudden, out the mirror popped now a dragon Spike, and now an alicorn pony Twilight, carrying a saddle bag instead of a backpack.

Pegasus Fluttershy spoke first, "Twilight! Spike!"

"Ah, you're back!" fellow pegasus Rainbow Dash cheered.

Earth pony Applejack hugged Twilight and sighed, "Oh, we were so worried!"

"Did you do it?" unicorn Rarity asked.

"It sirens are all taken care of." boasted Spike.

The other earth pony, Pinkie Pie, squealed, "I knew you could do it!"

"Um, Twilight," Fluttershy whispered "What's in the bag?"

Twilight took the box out of the bag using her magic. "It's a gift Sunset Shimmer gave to me before I left. I think it's a movie because she asked me if we had DVD players here." she explained.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" interrupted Rainbow Dash "Open it!"

Twilight opened the box. Inside was a red DVD case with the title of the movie in black, the words connected by ladders with creatures from the Canterlot High world dancing on them ,also in black. Twilight could barely make out the title, which she read out loud, "West Side Story." She looked on the back for a synopsis, which she also read out loud, "The musical explores the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks, two street gangs of different ethnic backgrounds in the Upper West Side of New York City. The members of the Sharks, from Puerto Rico, are taunted by the Jets, an American gang. The young protagonist, Tony, a former member of the Jets and best friend of the gang leader, Riff, falls in love with Maria, the sister of Bernardo, the leader of the Sharks."

"Wait, this movie is about gangs?" Rainbow Dash asked "YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

"Heavens no!" Rarity interrupted "It's about two young ponies who fall in love and are torn apart by their nationality. It sounds so divine!"

"You mean like... Romeo and Juliet?" questioned Pinkie Pie.

Twilight stepped in. "First, Rainbow Dash, it looks like Rarity is right, but the gangs might play a role in this. Second, Pinkie Pie, that's exactly what I was thinking! Last, Rarity, these aren't ponies, they're creatures from the other world. Let's play this movie and I'll show you."

The ponies got the TV into the throne room. Twilight and Pinkie Pie squeezed together on Twilight's throne, Rarity sat on the floor below them, Fluttershy and Spike sat together on his throne, Applejack sat on the arm rests of the two thrones, and Rainbow Dash sat below her.

As the movie started, everyone was drawn in, but Twilight was confused. These humans kind of looked like the ones from the other world, but everyone, instead of having multicolor hair and skin, they had brownish hair and tan-ish skin. Didn't Sunset Shimmer mention to me something about another human world, she thought to herself, where the people there looked somewhat different? This must be where these people were from.

As the movie ended, everyone's reaction was different. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were talking about how epic the movie was, Rarity and Fluttershy were talking about how lovely it was, and Pinkie Pie and Spike were talking about the out of nowhere and sad ending. The pony who loved the movie the most was Twilight, not because of the gangs, the romance, or the ending. Part was a combination of all three, and mostly it was because she just loved the characters.

"How I wish I could go and meet Riff and the Jets! It would be so... cool." Rainbow Dash put on sunglasses and laughed at her own joke.

Applejack smacked her, "The Sharks are obviously the better gang! They're the ones who get tormented!"

"Just because you get tormented doesn't mean you're the best!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"I feel sorry for them!" snapped Applejack.

"Girls, calm down!" Twilight shouted. They stopped. "There is no sense in arguing about this! But I would love to go meet the characters. Tony, Maria, Anita, Riff, Bernardo... it would be so great!

Pinkie Pie laughed, "Well, duh! You can!"

Everyone looked at her, waiting for a response. "Are you going to tell us how?" asked Rarity.

"Only if she wants too," Fluttershy whispered to Rarity.

"If the magic in Sunset Shimmer's book could take you to her world, then maybe the magic in the DVD can take you to the world where West Side Story takes place!" explained Pinkie Pie.

Everyone shouted, "Pinkie Pie, you're a..."

"...genius? I know," she finished.

Twilight brought the DVD to the mirror portal and placed it at the connector. Sure enough, the magic was extracted out and turned on the portal.

"Do you think it's safe to go?" Fluttershy worried "What if there are counterparts of us there?"

"Doubt it," responded Twilight "Now, before we go in, there is something you should know. We are going to look like the creatures in the movie. It's going to take some getting used to with the new body. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes!" everyone replied.

"Except for you, Spike." Twilight added.

"What? Why?" asked Spike.

"You need to stay here and make sure no one worries about us while we are gone."

"Oh... okay," Spike grumbled as he walked away.

"We won't be gone long!" yelled Twilight. She turned to the others, "Alright girls, let's do this! Ready?"

"Ready!" the others shouted.

Rainbow Dash added, "Riff, here comes Rainbow Dash!"

Twilight said quickly, "By the way, when going through the portal, don't think, just go through! It might help if you run and close your eyes."

First Pinkie Pie ran in, then Applejack, followed by Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash. Twilight closed her eyes and ran through.

When she opened her eyes, Twilight was in between the side of Doc's Drug Store and the fence next to the playground! They did it! She and her friends made it!

"Uh... Twilight," Rainbow Dash's voice said "Didn't you say we would transform? Because we're still ponies!" Twilight looked at her friends. They were still ponies. She found a small shard of mirror about her height. She was a pony too.

"I don't understand," worried Twilight "Why didn't we transform?"

Author's Note:

Duh! Duh! DUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!