• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 785 Views, 1 Comments

Shifting Hearts, Changing Eyes. - Ambrosia Vespidae



A musical dance of love and hardship, shared by two outcasts in a shattered world

  • ...
 1
 785

Changing Views

Changing Views

It had taken quite the effort to get the object inside, but Tones had managed to do so. To his surprise, however, the blackened object began to show signs of life, as it stood up. The first, and most obvious, detail was her legs, pockmarked like certain types of cheese. His eyes began to widen as the details added up: the jet-colored chitin; the curved, bent horn; and the familiar wispy blue hair. It left no doubt in his mind that he had just made a possibly dangerous mistake.

The changeling, however, was running on fumes, the simple act of shaking the soot and dust off of itself bringing it to the ground in a slump. Fear was forcefully shown the door in the colt's mind, replaced by cautious sympathy. He carefully brought the exhausted uni to the bed, laying her (as he had determined) upon the white sheets. He then began to recall everything that the Ministry School ha taught him, hoping to find something in his scrambled memory that could help this creature make it through the night.


The first thing the changeling felt as she woke up was throbbing, a dull thump much like someone hitting her in the head with a pillow. As she regained her faculties, however, she learned that it was not her head, but the deep, pounding rhythm of whatever music was playing. The next sense to return was sight, her emerald eyes taking in the chaos that made up the workshop. So I'm not in the New Canterlot prison, she thought. Her ability to walk, however, seemed a long way off, as her first attempt to stand brought her tumbling to the floor in a tangled heap of hooves.

The sound of the fall reached the ears of the young colt, and he rushed out to help the poor mare up. "I'm glad to see that my plan worked. You were almost gone when I found you."

The unicorn looked at him quizzically, trying to focus and remember. "W-what happened to me? All I remember is a bright pink light..." She shook her head, groaning. "Name's Mayu. Guess I can at least give you my name when you tell the guards."

The colt grinned. "Sorry, but you're not going anywhere." He gave her a smile full of warmth, and compassion. "While most ponies may turn you over, i'm not most ponies. Now....Mayu, was it? Let's see what capabilities you have at your current state. Can you walk yet?"

Mayu struggled, but the effort paid off, with the changeling now able to move around, if only a couple hoofsteps. "What is that thumping? It makes it hard to think." She turned around to find the one working C-player in the shop. "And what in Chrysalis' name is that thing?"

Tones facehooved, the attraction between the two almost magnetic as he realized that he hadn't shut off the C-player. "That's dubtrot that's playing. I guess my love for it saved you...somewhat." He walked over and nosed the switch, cutting off the incessant pounding in Mayu's brain. "The device itself is a C-player. I'll explain more a little bit later. For now," his voice became stern at this point, "I'd like to know why you're here."

By some miracle of fate, Mayu's hoof made its way to her face, avoiding the colt's fairly easily. 'I wish i could remember." She sighed, her horn glowing, and soon fizzling out. "Well, I can't shift, either. Buck me," was the response as the slightly distraught shifter hung her head.

"Well, you can stay here, at least until i find out how you got here. innocent until proven guilty, as the law supposedly states."

He would soon find that those simple words would steer his life on a new path, one he never expected...