• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 1,033 Views, 6 Comments

Luna and Tiberius: The Nightly Crusade - TheCrimsonDM



Ever since Luna found a possum in the woods after battling with a manticore, she knew she had found a true friend. Sometimes things get boring in the castle, and that's when Tiberius and her go on adventures.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,033

Chapter Three: Prank Until Dawn

LUNA AND TIBERIUS: THE NIGHTLY CRUSADE
Chapter Three: Prank Until Dawn
Written by TheCrimsonDM


Luna glided gently through the night sky enjoying the cool breeze against her fur. She was heading towards Twilight Sparkles house, after all Twilight was the closest friend that she had. She flew over a cluster of clouds on the way, and found something lying on top of one of them, something much to her delight. Luna flew closer to the cloud and saw a sky blue mare, with a rainbow colored mane sleeping soundly on the cloud. She was about to change that.

Luna looked at Tiberius who didn’t seem to have any opinion one way or the other. Luna evened herself out with the blue mare and with sudden force shouted in the Royal Canterlot voice, “AWAKEN, RAINBOW DASH!”

Rainbow Dash jumped a good five feet into the air before falling down face first into the cloud that she had been sleeping on. Rainbow Dash’s head got stuck inside the fluffy cloud upon landing and Luna couldn’t help but laughing at the sight as Rainbow pulled her head free.

Rainbow Dash shook her head violently for a few seconds before focusing on Luna. Rainbow Dash’s expression changed into surprise and she quickly said, “Princess Luna, what in Equestria are you doing here?”

“We have been given the night off, and wish to meet with all of our friends. We saw you sleeping on the cloud and decided it would prove entertaining to prank you. Much entertainment was indeed had at your expense,” Luna explained.

A grin grew on Rainbow Dash’s face as she said, “Even I can’t deny that, that was a good prank. You said you had the night off right?” Luna nodded and Rainbow Dash continued, “Well then, I think I know exactly what we should do tonight. Let’s start with Twilight Sparkle shall we.”

***

About a half hour later Luna and Rainbow Dash had found what they needed and went over to visit Twilight Sparkle. They snuck inside and now stood in front of Twilight’s bed as she slept peacefully, Spike the dragon was sleeping in a dog bed in the corner. Luna and Rainbow Dash spent very little time in preparation of their awesome prank.

Rainbow Dash swung a bucket towards the bed, water came out and covered Twilight Sparkle. Twilight gasped as the water hit her and she sat up in surprise. Twilight stared in horror for a few seconds as she saw the imposing form of Nightmare Moon at the foot of her bed. Twilight then said in a tiny whisper, “But, but we saved you. How could you become…like this again?”

Luna stood imposingly on her hind legs and called out, “You Twilight Sparkle shall become our servant, fetching candies from all of the foals of Ponyville so that we may eat in comfort.”

Twilight looked both confused and horrified for a long moment before glancing over at Rainbow Dash and then her expression hardened as she growled, “Rainbow Dash.”

Both Luna and Rainbow Dash broke out into hideous laughter before Twilight screamed, “I’M GOING TO GET YOU FOR THIS, THE BOTH OF YOU!”

Luna stood up still laughing and ran out of the bed room, Rainbow followed close behind her. The two ran up to the balcony, they heard the sounds of Twilight getting out of bed to chase after them heard behind them. Together they jumped off the balcony and flew off into the night sky.

They flew fast, and they flew far before finally slowing there pace down. Luna looked to Rainbow Dash and said, “That was great fun, Rainbow Dash.”

“Oh but, Princess Luna, we have just gotten started. For tonight, is going to be the night of pranks,” Rainbow dash said excitedly.

***

Not much later Princess Luna and Rainbow Dash were sneaking through a window on the second floor of the Carousel boutique. They were very quiet but judging from the loud sounds of somepony sleeping deeply they had no fear of waking up the next victim. Luna was actually surprised to hear the pristine white pony named Rarity snoring so loudly. One would never consider a pony as graceful as her to snore, Rarity would be upset if she found out somepony had heard her snoring for sure.

Luna instructed Rainbow Dash to hide in the corner of the room with Luna standing in front of her. This prank was something that Luna had tried on her sister once in the past but to no avail. Luna’s horn began glowing dimly for a brief second causing Rarity’s mane to glow for a brief second. Luna spread her wings and used her shadow magic to make her and Rainbow Dash blend into the shadows, becoming more or less invisible. Tiberius was sitting on Luna’s back this time so there was no chance of him being seen either.

Very quietly Luna whispered into Rarity’s dream, “Your hair.”

Rarity sat up in an instant and after taking off her blindfold and wiping away a trail of saliva from her mouth she began playing with her hair. Her mane looked as beautiful as ever, but Rarity could sense that something was wrong. She got off the bed and walked over to the vanity mirror in her room and turned on a small lamp. She examined her mane with great detail for a few seconds before stopping suddenly.

Rarity’s eyes shot wide as she used her magic to single out one gray hair from amongst the rest of her purple mane. Rarity stared silently in the mirror for a full thirty seconds before saying, “Gray hair… gray hair… I have a gray hair.” She then began screaming at the top of her lungs and running out of the bed room. Luna and Rainbow Dash had the hardest time keeping their laughter at bay as they quickly snuck out the window again.

When they had gotten a few houses away they could no longer hold their breaths and began laughing at the top of their lungs. The two had been laughing for a few minutes straight before Rainbow Dash finally managed to ask, “What, how, did you do that?”

Luna trying her best to calm down explained, “A simple cantrip to change the color of her mane. It was not a hard thing to do, but it was funny. Was it not?”

“That was awesome. I can’t believe she reacted like that over a single hair. Seriously, that was funny,” Rainbow Dash said.

“For a pony who values their beauty so highly having a single strand of gray in their mane will drive them insane. I agree that her reaction to this was very amusing,” Luna agreed.

“What do we do next,” Rainbow Dash asked.”

“Hmm, we should visit your two remaining friends,” Luna said.

“Oh man, I have the perfect prank for AJ. Follow me,” Rainbow Dash said before flying off at a good speed.

It was a little hard to catch up to the blue pegasus but Luna was determined to not lose sight of her friend, and even more so she was determined to not show weakness. Just as Luna caught up to Rainbow Dash she noticed that they were heading towards a large apple farm, and suddenly Luna began seeing the beginning of a fantastic prank at work.

***

Luna and Rainbow Dash looked into Applejack’s room from their perch on top of a cloud. Applejack’s room was silent save for the sound of Applejack snoring lightly. She lay on her side with her foreleg thrown around her pillow as she snuggled it tightly and drooled profusely all over it. This serine little picture was only broken when a loud thud filled the small room.

Applejack sat up instantly as she examined her surroundings. After a few seconds of seeing nothing her eyes began drooping again and she began leaning over drowsily. Another sudden thud filled the room causing Applejack to sit upright again. The sound was coming from the window, and that’s exactly what Applejack was staring at.

She got out of the bed slowly, and walked over to the window, nearly tripping on the way there. She looked out the window and stared at the orchard before her. Such a beautiful sight in the night’s pale white light. She continued staring for a few more seconds until something caught her attention.

She stared off into the dark ground below, her eyes growing more serious by the second. She suddenly looked surprised and said, “Ah, Tartarus no.”

Applejack quickly turned and ran to her bedroom door at a full gallop, swung open the door and continued into the hallway. It took only a few seconds but Applejack made her way outside and stopped dead in her tracks as she stared up at her once beautiful apple trees. Her face was frozen in shock as she stared up in complete disbelief.

The apple’s that had been growing from the trees now held a different color. A much brighter color then red, but not green, nor yellow. No these apples had now become orange. Applejack slowly reached up with a hoof, having to stand on her hind legs to grab at it, and plucked a single orange colored apple from the tree. She returned to her normal stance and stared horrified at the thing in her hooves.

After a few seconds she timidly took a bite of the apple and chewed very slowly before swallowing. She looked down at the fruit and a disgusted look took hold over her face. “Ah hate grapefruits,” She muttered before throwing the fruit at the ground.

Luna and Rainbow Dash still sitting on the cloud that was hanging lazily over the Apple family farm and watching the scene below were barely able to contain their laughter. Rainbow Dash was holding a rock in between her hooves and wore a manic grin as she tried her hardest to not laugh. Luna wasn’t in any better shape as she watched Applejack inspecting the trees below and cursing at them.

Rainbow Dash dropped the rock below and unable to contain her laughter any longer burst out into a fit of uncontrollable laughter, Luna followed suit. After a few seconds Applejack began screaming, “Rainbow Dash, Ah don’t know how ya did this, but when Ah catch you, Ah’m gonna string you up for this one.”

The two ponies stopped laughing and looked at each other in silence. A moment later they burst out into laughter again, they flapped their wings and went shooting off into the dark while ridding the cloud. The Apple family farm was growing distant behind them when Luna had one last idea for the tonight’s prank. “Let us go and visit the pink one,” She said with enthusiasm.

Rainbow Dash laughed before saying, “Sounds like fun.”

Tiberius simply stared at the two in disappointment.

“Nothing bad will happen, Tibbles. For tonight is a night of joyous pranking, and the pink one enjoys a wonderful prank more than any other pony we’ve met,” Luna said attempting to reassure the little possum.