• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 829 Views, 4 Comments

Daring Do and the Shadow of Grogar - flutterfan2501



Daring Do Must make a choice between saving Ahuizotl, saving herself, or saving the world.

  • ...
0
 4
 829

The Usual Antics

Daring Do sat patiently, waiting for Ahuizotl and his tribe to appear at the place of what was believed to be the Tomb of Grogar. Waiting patiently, her tail twitching in anticipation.

“Alright, you Biological mistake…” she mumbled, staring the area down as if it was full of snakes, chimeras, and minotaurs, “…Time to show yourself…” she waited patiently, staring down at the area. It has already been two days, which meant that Ahuizotl would start his search today, at this exact same spot.

Which did not take long. As she watched, ponies of Ahuizotl’s tribe started to walk into the clearing, securing that no one that was unneeded to their tribe’s leader’s plans was there. As they secured the area, the leader of the tribe himself appeared, followed by his ‘pets’, a tiger, a panther, a cheetah, a lynx, and a small, fluffy house cat, which he uses more as an actual pet than a bodyguard, like the other cats.

“There you are…” said Daring Do as she watched the event unfold. The Tribe-ponies stood at attention, waiting for their leader’s orders.

“Alright, listen up!” Ahuizotl shouted, getting everypony’s attention. “We have searched far and wide for this famed ‘Tomb of Grogar’!” he said, his tail wagging either which way, the hand on it clenched into a fist. “And I’ll be Windigo bait if we don’t find it here! This has gone on far enough! We have narrowed our search for the Tomb to this location!” Ahuizotl gestured with his hands to the area of which they were already in. “Now, we will search for the Tomb of Grogar, we will find it, and we will rule over Equestria!!” he yelled, to which he was awarded with applause from his followers. Daring Do, on the other hand, just rolled her eyes.

“Great, I should’ve expected him to do this sort of thing…” she whispered to herself, as she snuck along the area, her wings keeping her afloat. She silently followed the map that Caballeron had given her, to give her some heading to where the Tomb lied. She thought of the many things that she could do with those artifacts, giving them to Princess Celestia for safe keeping, sending the less dangerous artifacts to the Museum of Equestrian History, and some other things, like keeping some of them as souvenirs of this adventure.

Daring Do suddenly came across a giant door in a big dirt hill. “So, this must be the Tomb…” she said, looking the door up and down. So far, it seemed like it had no way of opening, except for it having a key hole. She looked at the key hole carefully. “Hmmm…from what it looks like, it seems ancient…” she said while examining it. She then looked around the clearing for any signs of how to open it. So far, there were none. She then suddenly heard rustling within the brush. Not wanting to be seen, she jumped into brush to her right.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Walking through the brush of the dense jungle, Ahuizotl kept his eyes clear and open for anything unusual. His cats followed, looking around as well, keeping their well-trained eyes opened. Ahuizotl was also followed by one of his advisors, by the name of Izel.

“Tell me, Izel, How long have we been searching for this Tomb…?” asked Ahuizotl, his tail twitching with anticipation as he looked around.

“As far as I can remember, maybe for about a few months, now…why do you ask, master…?” Izel asked, confused at this sudden question.

“This might seem like it could be the end of our search, but it seems like the goal is still so far away…” Ahuizotl explained, feeling what seemed to be butterflies in his stomach.

“…Could it be, Lord Ahuizotl, that you fear the outcome of this journey…?” Izel asked, feeling concern for his leader.

“It all depends on the outcome…” Ahuizotl stated, hoping that his advisor wasn’t going to say what he thought he was going to say.

“Why, you being defeated by-” Izel started, but was interrupted by Ahuizotl’s tail hand covering his snout.

“Do…not…say her name…” Ahuizotl growled at him, showing distaste at even the mere mention of his most hated enemy’s name.

“Of course…forgive me, master…I keep forgetting to watch my tongue when it comes to her name…” Izel said, as he lightly removed Ahuizotl’s hand from his muzzle. “But apart from that fact, she might try to thwart you again…”

“I know that…” Ahuizotl mumbled loudly, that even Izel was able to hear it. “But I have one thing that she doesn’t have…” exclaiming this, he placed his hand onto his chest.

“And what might that be, Lord Ahuizotl…?” Izel asked, curious as to what his master implied.

“Hold that thought…” Ahuizotl said as they reached a clearing. As they looked on, Izel noticed a large door within a big hill.

“We’re here…” as he said this, Ahuizotl’s mouth stretched into a victorious grin.

“What is this thing?” asked Izel as Ahuizotl walked over to the door.

“The end of our quest…” said Ahuizotl, as he gave Izel a horn. “Signal the others, we got some tomb raiding to do…” he reached through his chest fur and produced a key on a string that seemed ancient.

“Is that…?” Izel started, to which Ahuizotl answered with a grin.

“Yes…the key to the tomb…” Ahuizotl stated, snapping the makeshift necklace off of his neck, walking towards the door. Just then, an loud crack was heard, followed by something suddenly hitting his hand, making him drop the key.

“Agh! What in--?!” Ahuizotl exclaimed as he held his hand to comfort the pain. As it hit the ground, something, or someone, flew by him, grabbing the key, and fleeing to the trees.

“Sorry, Ahuizotl, but you know how this story always goes!” a voice said, making Ahuizotl and Izel look up towards the voice. Standing on one of the branches, holding the key from the string, was none other than his most hated enemy.

“Daring Do!!” Ahuizotl yelled, shaking his fist at her. Izel, on the other hand, started to blow the horn that was given to him by Ahuizotl.

“Good luck trying to get that door open!” Daring Do said, winking at Ahuizotl before flying off.

Growling, Ahuizotl turned to Izel. “Tell the tribesmen to keep this place secure!! I’ll go after the key!!” he yelled, which Izel approved, nodding his head. Ahuizotl then jumped into the trees, and with his front legs, began the trek to catch up with Daring Do.

Author's Note:

The second chapter to the story. Just a word to all my readers, this story might take a while to write, so please keep patient and bear with me, as I am doing my best to make this the best story you have ever read.