• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 414 Views, 5 Comments

Sketching Dusk - Dawn the Pegasus



On the outside she is just like any normal mare, but inside, she is much more complicated. She lives a double life, fear constantly haunting her at her side.

  • ...
 5
 414

Chapter 2

"Who are you?" I knew it was a silly question to ask, since I already knew who he was, but I needed to keep a low profile.

"I," he gestured to himself, "am the Doctor" Proudly he smiled.

"Is that your box?"

"Why yes, and it's not just a silly old box, it's a TARDIS."

TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It basically is a time machine and a spaceship wrapped up in a tiny blue box that is bigger on the inside.

"Okay, I see how that makes sense." I walked the perimeter of the TARDIS, admiring it. "Now why does it say Police, when you are a Doctor?" I stopped in front of the stallion, looking into his eyes as he explains.

"Well, I am not A Doctor, I'm THE Doctor. There is quite a significance difference." He walked a couple steps toward me, looking at me, taking in my appearance, until his gaze fell in line with my own. "Now if I may ask, how do you know what a TARDIS is?" He had a look of curiosity mixed with seriousness. Should I tell him about the voice? Twilight had written that he could help. But then again I hardly know him. I decide to lie about the voice.

"I read about them in books. You can name just about any book in Equestria, and the chances are, I've read it." I smirk triumphantly at his shocked look. I knew I took him by surprise, and he wasn't prepared. He furrowed his eyebrows, and inspected me closely. Once again, his gaze reaches my eyes, but this time it's different. He had an intense look, one that felt as if he could look right into the depths of my soul. I couldn't stand that look. I looked away, admitting defeat, letting him win the unseen battle.

"You're lying" A smirk played across his face. He caught me red-hoofed. "There isn't a book about the TARDIS. So, how do you know? What's your name?" He circled me, his gaze burning into me, tearing me apart.

What ever he says, do not listen. He is a traitor against his own kind. You are not safe with him, Dawn.

I sat down under the unbearable pressure. He continued to walk in circles, hungry for answers. But the voice inside my head was much stronger. I would do as it says. The Doctor could not break me that easily! Instead of reply with an answer, I replied with a question. "So, Doctor. How did you betray your own kind? How can I trust you?" The instant the last syllable left my lips, I knew the battle was long gone. I had won a victorious victory. He immediately stopped moving, and his ears pressed against the back in his head. Sadness replaced his hunger. I had broke the Doctor.

His head hung low, he was trembling slightly. His mane fell over his face, making me unable to read his expression. How could I have done this? What was wrong with me? He didn't seem like a traitor. He was just an innocent stallion whom my path had just happened to cross with his.Why had I given into the voice so easily? What was wrong with me! I needed to comfort him some how, and ask for his forgiveness, but my lips wouldn't obey my brain.

He is a traitor! He doesn't deserve you!

Yet, I couldn't see him as one. I didn't know what to do, so I did what do too often. My eyes teared up, and my breath became ragged. Soon my head hung low as I cried quietly. Tears dripped down my face and gathered in a pile at my hooves. What was wrong with me? He was just a stallion that I didn't even know... a complete stranger. I hurt a complete stranger! And he possibly could have helped me! What was I turning into? Who does this? Why must it be me?... Soon, words somehow were able to make it to my mouth, allowing me to spear softly, "I'm sorry." That was it. two simple words that probably held no meaning to him. But I got up anyways, wanting to leave this stallion and TARDIS behind forever.

"No. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner." My ears flickered. The voice went dead, and I knew it was worried. I have really good senses, including hearing. If it weren't for my unnatural super hearing, I would have never caught those seven words. I stopped dead in my tracks, those seven words going in circles in my head. Never had seven words meant so much to me. "I'm truly sorry Dawn."

At some point, I must have looked down, because when I looked up, I saw his sad blue eyes. They weren't sad in the picture I saw. What really happened to him? I looked more closely in into his eyes and saw a hint of pity in them. He was the same as every one else. Everypony pitied me. I hated that feeling. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to get the image of his sad eyes out of my head. Once I opened them once more, a different pair of eyes looked at me. The reflection of my own. They were happy, sad, scared, mad, sorry, confused, and worst of all terrified. One look at my eyes, and he had to know I was different, a mistake. The eyes in front of me teared up, I couldn't tell who they belonged to, but I didn't care.

I started sobbing, my emotions unstable inside. Some would say it was just a mental breakdown, but it wasn't. Nothing was that simple in the land of my mind. I felt hooves wrap around me in a hug and fill me with warmth and comfort. At this point what I had said earlier didn't matter, it was forgotten, gone from existence. I just let everything building up inside of me go. I surrounded this stranger with all of my pain, all of my anger, and he took it away. For someone with a misleading name, he was a good Doctor.

Author's Note:

I know this is a very short chapter, but I felt like it was a good place to end. Don't worry about future chapters being this short, for I'm not planning on it. There is so much more of the story to tell, so I hope you all get as excited as I am :twilightsmile: