• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 277 Views, 3 Comments

Scarlet Rose - The Mare Behind The Mask - Skatter



In the city of Cantermane, a young filly witnessed a mysterious unicorn colt murder her mother with dark magic. Following those tragic events, the young filly had been plagued with revenge. Driven by her dark motives, a new anti-hero is born.

  • ...
 3
 277

Chapter One: Ring-A-Round The Rosie

I set off, out into the dim lit streets, looking to make my first move...My gambit. I jump between roof tops, and gallop down streets and alleys, stopping every now and then to snack on a carrot or apple that I had stuck into my bag. I begin to walk down Whiny Way when I hear a high pitched yell for help coming from a nearby alley. Galloping over to it, I hear two colts talking, and laughing at the poor old mare they had mugged.

"Haha. Dis ol'nag has lots of goods in ere eh?," One of the colts said with a hardy laugh.

"Drop the saddle bag, boys!," I shout.

"Eh...whose da looza in red socks? Heys you missy! We ain't got nutin to fear. Why dun you go take your little pretty costume back home and wes forget bout all dis ruckus eh?"

"You boys have one last chance...Unless you really want to be pushing up roses."

The two colts throw the bag down and begin to walk towards me.

"Chu just don't get it, do you?," They sneer as they pull small knives out of their saddle bags.

"Aww. You boys want to dance with little ol'me? Then let's dance!"

I charge into one of the colts, knocking him backwards. This caught the other off guard, allowing me to give him a good kick in the side.

"Here's a little present for you two," I say softly as i pull out one of my calling cards and lay it next to one of them.

I then pull out a hoof full of rose petals and put them in the jacket pocket of both the colts.

"Farewell. It was fun while it lasted. Oh, and miss...erm...mare, you better get outta here and call the cops to pick them up."

I trot off down the alley and make my way back to the building roof tops. I look back towards the direction I had came from to see a swarm of police ponies galloping down the street towards the alley where i had left the two colts. I make my way back to my cozy house thinking about my new identity...The city's new hope...Everypony's new hope...