• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 741 Views, 10 Comments

Mur 199 - zalla661



A Soviet Airforce pilot is running a dangerous mission with her RIO and ends up in a world not her own. Alone without backup they fly high in this new strange world for a way back home before its too late.

  • ...
13
 10
 741

A Stupid Op.

Author's Note:

Yeah new story! My first fic with humans in it? What could be around the corner? Trick question in the air there are no corners! So this is where we start and next time what happens when ponies run into a fully armed MiG-35 flying across Equestria? Find out on the next epido- I mean chapter!

Enjoy!:scootangel:

June 22, 2012
0800
6974th Aviation Base Korenovsk


I remember it was cold that morning. It was going to be a long Op. and we both knew it. What we hadn't expected was what was to come afterwards. My name is Commander Lightning Dust, and I'm the leader of the Nightmare Squadron at Korenovsk Air Base. Together with my wingman, or wingmares as we call each other a sort of play on our squadron name, we fly in a dangerous game against our greatest and far superior adversary the Americans. For over 50 years my brothers and sisters fought in a silent game against the US. Now it was my turn with my wingmares in the 6974th MiG Brigade to continue this dangerous game.

"Hey Lightning!"

Ah, my childhood friend and the only American I truly respect, Lt. Commander Trixie B. Lulamoon and friend of mine for over 26 years since we were children. Though born as American her mother took her from her father and brought her to the USSR many years ago and we've known each other since. From preschool, to High school, to Gagarin Air Force Academy we've been together and plan to stay that way until death separates us to our inevitable journey to the great beyond, if only temporary. There in the void after death we will be reunited but that was for another day. Today was a long promised day that we will get our chance to get the edge over America, and our next Op. was going to make it happen.

"Trixie what is it?" I called back waving as she tackled me with a hug. She was a good six inches smaller than me at only 5'4" but she has a mean tackle hug, I believe the Americans called it the 'glomp' or something stupid.

"Trixie requires your affections!" she cried kissing my cheek.

"Oof! Trixie, you know I hate it when you do that!' I hissed shoving her off. "What if the Colonel sees you doing this? She might get the wrong idea about us!"

Trixie looked hurt at this. It's true homosexuality was barely tolerated, but in the Soviet Air Force Colonel Alexandira Potulov had no tolerance for it among her personnel, especially the women. That's why Trixie and I kept it a close guarded secret.

She crossed her arms frowning at me. "Fine Lightning. Then you get to sleep on the floor tonight when we get home." she huffed turning her back on me.

I really don't want to deal with this now.

"Speaking of the Colonel, we have a briefing starting in about two minutes, get ready you and I are going on a recon Op." I said grabbing my gear from my locker before heading to the changing room.

I was in and out in less than a minute, years of putting on a flight suit perfected to an art form. The suit was a little loose on me so it was easy for me to get in and out. Being flat helped greatly. Trixie unfortunately had a well rounded figure and a bust to boot, so she always asked me for help when zipping up her flight suit not that I mind though. Once done we headed out of the barracks and to the flight operations center.

Trixie and I made our way to the flight Ops center at the southern tip of the base past the hangars. Inside we signed a few forms and proceeded to the briefing.

The Colonel was already there waiting for us. The center was an auditorium style to fit as many people as possible in case several pilots were needed for an Op. I recognized the look on the Colonel's face, she was happy about something, maybe she finally scored with a man? Not that it was any of my business. We sat down in the front row so we could see and hear the Colonel after a brief salute.

"Glad you two could make it. Before we start, this mission comes from the top, so it is top classified. Do you understand?"

"Aye Ma'am!" We jumped from our seats standing at attention.

I really hated having to do that. It was pointless and a waste of energy. Trixie once scolded me for not saluting an officer as he passed by. Honestly I didn't care. I was retiring in a year and this was to be my last flight, I wanted to savor it.

"Take your seats please and we'll get started." she pulled a remote from behind her and clicked a few buttons as a screen came down. "OK, listen cause I'm not repeating this. Our agent in the US have determined there's a unique power surge coming from the east coast of the United States. It originates from this location." she clicked the remote again and a slide of a school appeared.

"The location is Canterlot High. You are to fly over the school after hours and recon the location and take pictures of the main entrance to see if you can catch any type of anomalies and photograph them. Once received you are to return immediately to our air space and proceed to Chechnya for your next assignment. Questions?"

Trixie and I looked at each other knowing well what the other was thinking. I raised my hand first. "Colonel I was wondering if we could go into the details of how we're to do this? America isn't going to let a MiG fly in it's air space without chasing us off."

I felt stating the obvious wold help get the answers I needed. Sure the Colonel would tell us but it seemed important to bring these things up in case we assume wrong what the higher up want us to do. The Colonel sat down at a desk pulling out two folders and handing one to each of us.

"You'll start by becoming familiar with a few new features to your MiG Lightning. As for the location it is in Bath Maine, so you'll be close to the boarder to Canada where you'll escape to should you encounter trouble. Now, most of the systems will be controlled by your RIO and you'll be piloting the plane. All you need to know is the new self-destruct device we've installed. If you should be shot down or captured, when activated with incinerate the craft along with the two of you. Quick and painless so I'm told."

That's reassuring.I thought rolling my eyes at the Colonel.

She then brought up another diagram of my MiG. "You'll notice the new modified Vympell R-80s. they're a new experimental design with rotating mounts for engaging enemies from the rear. Trixie has been trained to use them effectively I might add." Trixie raised her hand nervously interrupting the Colonel. "Yes, Lt. Commander?"

Trixie gulped and was sweating. I rarely every saw her like this and it was never without a good reason, so I took note. "Colonel. Did you say self destruct?"

"Yes why? Are you afraid Lt. Commander?" she asked.

"No ma'am. Just making sure I understood ma'am." It was cute the way she embarrassed herself in front of the Colonel.

"As I was saying. You'll proceed to Pskov Air base refuel and proceed north along to Greenland and then proceed southward towards the Canadian boarder. Make sure to use the IDFF (Identify Friend or Foe) code we provide or else." she reached into her brief case and pulled out a third folder handing and envelop to Trixie. The code was inside.

"You'll be in for a long flight. You'll have three fuel tank reserves and will make three additional air refueling along the way. Once at the Canadian boarder transmit the IDFF code and our contact will escort you to the US boarder but first you'll land refuel and rest for the day. A new IDFF will be provided by them at that time. Hopefully no one will see you by eye or else it'll be for nothing. Now, once there you're to fly over the US to Canterlot High in Bath Maine. You must arrive after 1600 to avoid any wary eyes from the school." She glared, at me specifically. "Once you've taken your recon photos of the area return the exact same way you got there. Understood?"

I raised my hand once more.

"Yes Lieutenant Commander?"

"Who provided this intel ma'am?" I asked wondering who got this info. The US was good at keeping secrets so it made me wonder who was feed us this info. Probably a spy no doubt. A double agent maybe?

"That's classified Lt. Commander. Now is there anything else you'd like to know?"

"No, ma'am!"

"No, ma'am!"

We both saluted her and she saluted back. "Good, now if there are no more questions you are dismissed. You fly at 0930 be ready. Go rest up."

Trixie and I went to the barracks for a quick nap. Before long we were in our MiG and ready for take off. There was a terrible storm that day. It was the worst storm I'd seen in many years of flying but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

*Two Hours later*

"Fuel reveres?" I asked Trixie as we went through our preflight checks.

"Green."

"Missile guidance systems?"

"Green."

"Girlfriend in back seat?"

"Gree- hey not here you idiot!"

"Ha, fine fine. Killjoy. Alright let's see, missile guidance, fuel, oh yeah. Camera and HUD unit?"

"Green. Were all green and ready to fly."

Trixie and I were in our signature MiG-35D. The modified MiG was somewhat special to me and Trixie. We fell in love in this plane, and we always watched each others back within the cockpit. We use to fly separate in MiG-29s but since we joined we have flown the MiG-35D. An advanced two seat 4th generation fighter.

"Roger that. Control tower this is Pravda 199 requesting clearance to take the run." Trixie called over the comm. I glanced out the cockpit to see what was outside. The rain was so bad I actually had a hard time seeing outside the cockpit even though it only 9:30 or so. It wasn't long before a voice spoke over the comm. griping me back to reality.

"Pravda 199 this is ICC, you are clear to launch. Good luck on your mission. ICC out."

"Roger ICC we're history." she reached over my seat hitting my head twice. That was really annoying. "We have the green light let's head out!" she said cheerfully.

"I know I heard it!" I snapped at her. I couldn't see her reaction but I knew she was cross with me.

An Awkward silence followed until we were in the air and long gone from Korenovsk. About three hours into the flight I looked back as best I could to see if Trixie was still mad at me. However I was limited by the amount of space provided by the aircraft. "Pravda? You OK back there?" I asked concerned this was going to affect her performance later. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you back at the base. It's just there's so much that can go wrong with this plan, and all for what? A few pictures of a school? I don't buy it."

Trixie hadn't said anything for a few minutes. When I decided to speak again she interrupted me by speaking first. "I know you are worried. I am too." She reached over the seat with a bare hand rubbing my cheek from beneath my helmet. I took hold of it and kissed it once. "You know together there is nothing we can't handle Molinya."

I held her hand thinking of things I wanted to ask her about, what to do after I retire, her career, marriage, children. There was so much to talk about and now I had all the time to ask her, but I couldn't bring myself too ask. In the end I kept my thoughts to myself taking solace in the fact once the op. was over we could talk then. I looked over my shoulder still holding her hand. "I love you Trixie." I said.

She smiled back tightening her grip. "I love you too Lightning." she yawned.

"Get some rest Trixie. I'll let you know when we reach the first check point and you'll take over."

"Right." she retracted her hand and began to rest, while I took the controls keeping the MiG flying. My thoughts were on the mission. This mission had me on edge and we barely started. Flying into the US in a fully armed MiG was mount to suicide. I bet at that moment that the Colonel was laughing at me for foolishly accepting the assignment, but I knew better. She never joked about anything. The woman had a stick up her ass, that was for sure.

For the next day we flew nonstop after reaching Pskov, and we were on our final approach to our last air to air refueling behind a massive Ilyushin Il-78.

"Olka Nieva, this is Pravda 199 requesting fly by six for probe and drouge. How copy over?"

"This is Olka Nieva. Pravda 199 you are cleared for refueling. Standby." said a male voice over the comm.

I watched as the craft extended it's fuel line and I opened my fuel line receiver. The BOOM operator along with my years of training and experience made the refueling flawless. My MiG sped towards the fuel hose and inserted my receiver into it with no problems. It took less than two minutes to refuel completely along with the reserves still unused.

Once free, we made our way heading westwards along the 66th parallel towards Canada. "Trixie signal our IDFF code 0106A." I said reading the letter given to us by the Colonel.

"Roger 0106A. Transmitting let's hope this works." she said nervously.

Trixie punched the numbers in the computer on her console. Once complete the HUD read UIFF 199.

"Agreed. Let's hope. Hope that this is all worth it in the end." And with that, I shoved the throttle to max sending us across the sky like a bullet to the heart of the west.

A few hours later we were flying over the Canadian broader with our flight escort. Once at the US boarder we broke off from the escort and proceeded South to the city of Bath. We had arrived at the city boarder within half an hour well within the mission timing parameters. The night sky was dark with not a cloud in the sky the moon was bright shining a light that lit the very ground below us. I could see the details in each building had I the time to look. Glancing up at the moon, I remembered when I was young my mother and father told me stories of a moon princess who lived there. It was said that she appeared on the moon over a thousand years ago and protected the dreams of those who favored the night.

I never really believed in that tale though, but mom and dad sure did and for some reason Trixie did too. They were actually a part of some cult of the Night Mother or something silly like that. Honestly, I felt it was a night club for astrology enthusiasts. That would have to wait our mission was more important. I took note to ask Trixie about it later.

"We're approaching the schools location now Trixie. Is everything ready? I don't want to stay longer than need be." I said. "With that naval station near by I don't want to have to fight my way back to the open sea."

Trixie was activating the camera as I spoke. I could hear her clicking away at the controls swiftly and within seconds she was ready. "K-12 camera is ready. Let's start with a quick fly by to see how well it works. start at 25000 ft and we'll work our way down." I complied with her and began my approach over the school descending to 25000 ft. "OK, Lightning fly straight and steady...... and we got it checking... It's a keeper begin the runs and I'll begin the recon."

I banked the MiG to begin circling the school thinking back this made no sense to me. Why were we here and with such outdated cameras that transmit digitally? We have drones and more sophisticated technology to do the job than we were. I know Trixie is the best pilot in the Soviet Air Force, second only to me of course, but why send us out here and run the risk of being captured?

"Hey, Trix?"

"What is it?"

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"Why are any of us here? That's one of life's great mysteries isn't it? Are we really a random set of mutations and cosmic coincidences or is there really a God?"

OK, now I was confused what the hell was all this about? Had she not heard me or was I really that open ended?

"I mean, I'm all for believing in God and all but I think he made us the way we are and left us to see how we'd grow myself. Only when we truly need his guidance does he make an appearance or sends a prophet. That's what I believe anyway." she was still working the console and the camera. I doubt she was really thinking of what I was actually talking about her mind was transfixed on what she was doing.

"Nooo," I drawled. "I mean why are we here? In THIS plane flying over an enemy nation taking pictures with a digital camera and not using drones?" I stated flatly back to her.

"Oh I was... I was um. Oh, I guess I see what you mean when you put it like that." she said.

"What was all that about God?"

"NOTHING!" she yelled.

"...You want to talk about it?" I was concerned by this point, she usually never spoke of such things unless she was upset about something.

"No." she said rather coldly to me. Just then I saw a light coming from a nearby field it was the most colorful light show I'd ever seen. "Hey you see that?" Apparently Trixie had noticed too.


*Meanwhile at Canterlot Park*


The Dazzlings were standing in the park of their most recent defeat at the hands of Sunset Shimmer and her friends. Adagio was angry stomping the ground fuming. "I can't believe this! Not only are we stuck here, but now it's without magic! How has it come to this?" She fell to the ground rubbing her temples. Aria was standing next to Sonata who was happily humming to herself.

"What do we do now Adagio? We can't use our magic so what's left to do?" Aria asked kneeling next to her patting her on the back. Adagio swatted her hand away. Standing up she began to pace back and forth in front of Sonata who was still humming to herself. It was a familiar tune too, one Adagio was sure she heard before but what was it?

"Well, Aria we can use magic it's just extremely weak. But if we are careful we can use the excess energy from the Battle of the Bands to regain our foot hold and start again. We just need a plan- SONATA!" She turned to Sonata who stopped humming the second Adagio made eye contact.

"What is it Adagio?" she asked tilting her head. "Something bothering you?"

Oh so many things about you, Sonata. she thought. "Yeah, what is that stupid tune you're humming to yourself?" she asked annoyed.

Sonata tapped her finger on her lip thinking hard. "I'm not sure exactly. Something I learned as a child when we were still in Equestria. A song to remind me of home or something. I think?" she said unsure shrugging. Adagio looked like she was about to burst at this.

"You mean you KNOW THE HYMN OF RETURN!" she yelled causing the blue girl to cower in fear. "YOU KNEW IT THIS WHOLE TIME?! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING?!"

Sonata was in tears as she looked up to Adagio and Aria who looked just as angry at her as Adagio was. "Sniff... I'm sorry! I didn't know it was honestly!" she cried getting on her knees placing her hands together crawling to them. "Please, I'm sorry I didn't know! If I did I would have told you! You believe me don't you?" she asked pleadingly.

Adagio and Aria were suckers for her crybaby routine. It wasn't something Sonata did to get out of trouble, she was just a innocent girl at heart despite being over a thousand plus years old. A prime example of a woman who never grew up. She hardly had a mean bone in her body. In fact Adagio was convinced she'd be a hindrance because of her kindhearted nature. Yet, when push came to shove she couldn't just dump her somewhere on her own. No matter how much she annoyed her.

"Look Sonata, I'm sorry, OK? Just stop that crying right now!" Adagio sighed smacking her had with her hand.

Aria approached Sonata helping her up. "Listen Sonata, can you teach us the song? Maybe we can use the excess energy to return home!" Aria suggested.

Adagio grinned at this tapping her fingers together she looked at her two companions. "Yes, and then once we return we can regain our power and take over Equestria! Once we do we can come back and take over this world as well!"

"YEAH! We're finally going home!" cheered Sonata.

Aria approached the other two holding out her hands to them. "And we can use these to get back." she said revealing their gems. They were whole but badly damaged. Cracks ran across the surface of the gems and looked like even the slightest movement would destroy them. "We'll only get one chance, so let's make it count." she said handing them over.

Adagio looked at Aria proud of her. "Good work Aria. You sure they'll hold up?"

"Even if they don't we have enough energy to get back home. These will only reduce the amount of energy needed to perform the Hymn of Return."

"Alright then. Sonata tell us the lyric to the Hymn of Return. I have a hunger for Equestrian magic again and I can't wait any longer."

For the next several minutes they practiced the song. It was short and simple to learn so it didn't take them long before they were ready. Just to be safe they tried it on a small rock. Surrounding the rock they began humming. After a minute the rock glowed brightly as a ring appeared around it, before disappearing in a bright flash of multicolored light. The Dazzlings looked at the scorched earth below satisfied with the result.

"Girls, we're going home." Adagio said holding a hand up triumphantly. "Once again from the top!" The three girls held hands in a small circle and once again began to hum.

"Stop!" called a voice from across the field. Adagio opened an eye to see Sunset and the rest of the human six running towards them. "Stop right there Adagio! You won't get away from us!" Sunset yelled out to her rushing her. As she tried to tackle Adagio a magical field prevented her from making contact and sent her flying back into the other five girls in to a pile.

"HA! You thought you could stop US?" Adagio mocked. "Don't make me laugh! You got lucky, but luck is on our side now!" she let out a cackle returning her focus on the spell. "Alright we need to focus on a single point and concentrate on that and only that thing got it Sonata?"

"Right! One spot got it." she began to concentrate hard on her home as did Aria, and Adagio. Once that was done a ring appeared around the Dazzlings and they began to levitate. Rainbow Dash ran up trying to stop them by kicking her soccer ball at them only to have it disintegrate on contact with the protective field. Just then a powerful gust of wind began to blow as a rainbow colored light began to illuminate the field.

"NO! That was my favorite ball!" she cried dropping to her knees. Applejack stood beside her looking up at the Dazzlings. "Priorities Rainbow! We have to stop them from getting back to Equestria! You heard their plan!"

Sunset managed to reach the other two crawling to them. "Even if we don't stop them I have the journal I used to contact Twilight!" she said reassuring them. "We can't stop them unless we break their concentration. That's the only way to stop a teleportation spell, assuming this is even one!" she yelled trying to be heard over the howling winds covering her face as dust and dirt flew through the air. Pinkie was having a blast with her hair flying in every direction, Fluttershy was hiding in Rarity's arms how looked rather calm despite the wind messing up her hair. "There, darling, we'll be fine.'" she held Fluttershy closely.

Applejack looked over to Sunset. "How do we do that?!"

"I'm not sure if we can something has to distract them from concentrating on themselves before they complete the spell!" Sunset cried out as dirt hit her eyes blinding her.

"Well lets do something!" Rainbow stood up throwing a rock at the Dazzllings. The rock made it's way around the Dazzlings before flying back at them hitting Rarity in the head knocking her out, in a graceful manner, onto the floor. Everyone glared at Rainbow who for her part, looked rather embarrassed by the display. Another sound came over the winds as Pinkie Pie pointed to the sky.

"OH! LOOK A BIRDIE!" she squealed looking at the sky. As if on cue Sonata looked away to see a plane flying overhead. The ring began to fluctuate as Adagio and Aria both looked to the sky at the plane. Before they realized it the ring shot to the sky surrounding the plane covering light that flashed brightly blinding them.

"SONATA!!!"

*Meanwhile in the cockpit of Lightning's MiG*


I remember flying over a field heading towards a small stadium when Trixie said that people were below at least seven from what she could tell possibly more. A bright ring of light was circling a few of them. It was very strange. "Trixie are you getting this?"

"Yeah, Trixie sees it. Taking photos now." she clicked the camera a few times. "Do you think this is it? What the Colonel was talking about?"

I nodded to myself convinced we'd found it. "Indeed we have. Strange phenomenon and bright lights that could make a UFO enthusiast go green with envy. Take what you can of this- what the!" I yelled as the light shot up around us blinding me. "I'm blind! Trixie I can't see! I'm switching it over to you!"

I switched the controls to the rear I felt the plane dive straight down. Trixie swore as she took the controls forgetting the camera and recorder pulling on the control stick.

"Lightning put your glare visor on!" she screamed to me.

I thought for a moment before I slipped the visor down. As my vision returned the light was still bright but at least I could see. Trixie did a good job leveling the plane as I once again took the controls. The light was like a tunnel if I veered off course the craft shook violently. Trixie voiced her displeasure of that feeling. "Molinya so help me if Trixie perishes she's so haunting your ass!" I rolled my eyes to this and focused on flying.

"I see something. I think the tunnel ends! Hang on Trixie!" She braced herself as the MiG flew through the threshold and another blinding light appeared and was gone in a instant. The plane spun out like I had taken us through the back wash of another jet. It took me several seconds to regain control of the plane as I leveled off. I looked around to get my bearings only to see a giant white tower in front of me closing fast.

"Shit!" I banked left barely missing the giant tower as we flew of over a giant mountain city. This was certainly not Bath anymore. In fact I had no idea where we were. "Trixie where are we?"

"I don't know but I'm calling it, let's get out of here! There's no way nobody saw that light show! Trixie doesn't want to be here when the US air patrols come!"

"I wholeheartedly agree, we are history!" As I was getting ready to head home I noticed the sun and my compass weren't matching. I checked and rechecked again still didn't match. "Trixie. What direction does the sun rise?"

"It rises in the west why?"

"...Are you sure?"

"Yes why?" Trixie asked impatiently.

"Well then you mind telling me why my instruments say it's rising from the east?" I asked pointing as best I could to the sun in the tiny cockpit. I didn't need to see her to gauge her reaction to that. She was stuttering trying to make sense of what she saw.

"That makes no sense! The light must have interfered with the systems. We'll need to rely on our knowledge of terrain to get home." she said nervous.

"It's OK. We will get home somehow. Trust me Trixie. OK, I don't know where we are so we're on our own for now."

I looked outside as did Trixie. What we saw amazed us. A giant city on the side of a mountain with a giant ivory castle at the end along the mountain side with a train that went out to a countryside. Off in the distance I could see a what looked like a city. We almost crashed into the castle it seemed. Hopefully we hadn't scared them too badly. Just then it occurred to me, Bath didn't have a city on a mountain and it most certainly didn't have a castle there.

"Trixie."

"What?"

"I don't think we're in Maine anymore."


*Back In Canterlot Park*


When they recovered from the shock and their sight returned, the Dazzling we amazed to see the Sunset and her friends surrounding them. Adagio and Aria glared at Sonata who was looking at her jewel, or rather what was left of it. It had turned to a pile of dust in her hand as a slight gust blew it out of her hand. Adagio panicked garbing her and tried vainly to keep it together as if it was the last hope she had for survival.

They both glared at Sonata who was now shaking in fear of what was to come next. "SONATA!" Adagio cried out reaching for her.

Sonata fled from Adagio and hid behind Sunset and Applejack using them as a shield from Adagio's rage. Sunset stepped in Adagio's way protecting Sonata. "It's over Adagio, you lost. Your gems are destroyed and you have no way of returning to Equestria now for thirty moons."

She reached for Sonata holding her protectively. "Give up this madness before it consumes you. Let me- no, let us help you." she held a hand out towards Adagio. "The power of friendship and forgiveness is always there Adagio, and it's a wonderful thing. Power isn't everything take it from me."

Adagio inspected the hand before glaring at Sonata. She then swatted her hand away spitting on the ground. "You can take that so called "friendship" and shove it where the sun don't shine. Aria let's go!" she turned to leave but stopped when she realized Aria didn't follow. She instead stood next to Sonata holding her along with Sunset and Fluttershy.

"What are you doing? You traitor!" Adagio was enraged by this. "How dare you betray me after everything I've done for the both of you!"

Aria looked at her defiantly. "No Adagio. I realize that you only care about power and conquering others. We have nothing left so what choice do we have? Make a ton of enemies or make friends? Honestly I hate living like we do. Remember the changelings?"

"Humph. Foolish child. Foolish." her voice was dripping with spiteful hate. "Might controls everything. Without it you can protect nothing let alone ones self." she turned and began to walk away halfheartedly.

"Isn't that what friends are for? Helping you up when you fall and help you during those times you can't stand up for yourself?" Sonata asked shocking everyone including Aria. Adagio wasn't fazed and simply continued walking away. Sonata sighed looking back at Aria hugging her.

"You'll help us won't you?" she asked the human six. "We're sorry, for all the trouble we caused."

"Speak for yourself. I'm not sorry, I just wanted to go home is that so wrong?" Aria snapped. Applejack and Rainbow glared at her while Sunset, Rarity, and Fluttershy nodded in understanding and Pinkie was still looking up at the sky.

Sunset placed a hand gently on Aria's shoulder rubbing it. "Well, we will still help you two. If she wants it... we'll help Adagio as well. Give her time and she'll see. In the meantime what did you three do with the spell?" she asked Sonata and Aria. The two looked at each other before looking at the girls.

"We think that plane we saw was sent to Equestria in our place because we focused in it at a crucial moment during the spell." Aria pointed to the sky. Rarity walked over to Sunset concerned. "Darling, we must send word to Twilight immediately there's no telling what will happen to the pilot! what if they run out of fuel midflight and crash! Does Equestria even have the gas?"

To everyones surprise, Rainbow Dash was the first to answer. "First off Rarity, that was a military aircraft. Second planes use a different type of fuel for aircraft specifically." Rainbow then looked at sunset. "Do ponies even have planes or gas-turbine engines?"

Sunset thought for a moment pacing. "No we don't. We have steam powered engines for the trains but that's about it. Also, I'll send word to her through the journal. Hopefully we can find out more before this escalates too much and get that plane back home. In the meantime Aria, Sonata care to stay at my place while we help you get back on your feet?"

Aria and Sonata were skeptical at first, but with no other options they agreed to live with Sunset until they could afford to live on their own. It would be tough but that was their life. "OK, but what do we do without Adagio? She's the one who usually makes all our plans." Aria asked.

Rarity placed a hand gently on her shoulder getting her attention. "You know dear, there's more to life than simply following someone blindly. You have to think for yourself now. It'll be hard but we're here to help out."

"Speak for yourself." Rainbow Dash huffed. "I still don't trust them. Once a bad guy always a bad guy I say. Just like those commies."

Fluttershy and Rarity gasped at their friends reaction. Applejack on the other hand simply looked surprised as did Sunset and Pinkie. "Wow Dashie, I never would have thought you the intolerant type. What's got you mad all of a sudden?"

"You're making a mistake helping them. Some people are just born evil and will always be that way."

Applejack was just about to tell her off when Sunset spoke first. "I was evil once. Does that make me evil still? Untrustworthy?"

"That's different! You were just mad or, something! You're not a monster." she said flailing her arms for emphasis. "Whatever I'm going home do whatever you want, I don't care." she then stormed off heading home.

The rest of the girls began walking to their respective homes. Applejack and Fluttershy broke off heading west towards the outskirts of town, while Sunset and rarity took Aria and Sonata with them. Sunset lived next door to Rarity in an apartment complex and the two decided to separate Sonata and Aria since there wasn't enough space in the apartment. Sonata went with Rarity while Aria stayed with Sunset. Saying goodnight to the other two Sunset and Aria went to the apartment to settle in for the night. Aria borrowed a pair of Sunset's pajamas made by Rarity. Rarity and Sunset were close friends now and the two spent a lot of time together. It was no surprise that Sunset decided to live near the fashion obsessed diva.

After Aria was settled in Sunset took her journal and sat in her bed and began to write:

Dear Princess Twilight,

Hope this message finds you well. I'm happy to report that two of the Dazzlings are on the long road to friendship with me and the girls, Aria and Sonata. Adagio their leader is a little more reluctant to help. I'm sure with some time alone she'll see the error of her ways and hopefully will come back to us on her own.

Aside from that, the main reason I'm contacting you is because a human machine called a plane was sent by accident to Equestria due to a magical mishap involving a teleportation spell by the Dazzlings. It was intended for the Dazzlings to get back home to Equestria, but they accidentally sent a human plane instead. The pilot will most likely have no idea what's going on so be cautious when handling him/her, OK? Please write back soon. Hope all is well.

Your Apprentice in Friendship

Sunset Shimmer

As she finished she waited several minutes before deciding to go to bed. If Twilight hadn't responded she would most likely do so in the morning which was only a few hours away. Not taking chances Sunset made a note on the journal saying to try and contact Twilight again in the morning just in case. After which she went to sleep.