• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 8,248 Views, 48 Comments

Weighting for a Gain - iceblazethequick



Rarity's stress-eating habits lead a change in lifestyle... A change which a yellow pegasus seems to appreciate.

  • ...
10
 48
 8,248

Chapter 2

"Another two bowls of that delectable creamy soup of the day, please!"

The poor waitress's mouth hung agape at the sight before her. It amazed her, how much food one pony could eat; then again, when you happen to be serving the biggest mare in Ponyville, you ought to expect a feast.

"Oh, and *gulp* another order of hay fries as well!" Rarity mumbed from her full mouth, currently occupied by a large buttered bread roll. The waitress nodded and sped off, not wanting to witness the white unicorn's feast any longer. On the table lay stacks if plates and bowls, all dirty but with no morsel of food left on them. Through this mess of serving trays and silverware, Rarity took a moment to turn towards her best friend, Fluttershy, who was picking at her small salad with reduced gusto.

"Fluttershy, dear, you're sure you don't mind me? I'm just catching up on a few meals I missed, but I fear I'm making quite the scene..."

Fluttershy gave her friend a gentle smile and shook her head. "I'm fine, but thanks. Although it is getting a bit late..." Internally, the Pegasus chuckled; Rarity's attitude towards her size was almost cute in demeanor, and after delivering so many snacks and treats to her, Fluttershy could say with confidence that Rarity was not missing any of her meals.

It was indeed late, as the two had been at the restaurant for nearly half the day; while Fluttershy's meal was normal, Rarity ordered two appetizers, uncountable soups and salad, and a sampler of nearly half the entrees. She was now going back and covering whichever foods she felt that she didn't adequately "sample". On top of all this, smears of chocolate icing and ice cream still left brownish marks on her face, and her coat was peppered with spots from when she devoured the establishment's range of deserts.

It had been a month since the incident with her dress modeling, and Rarity continued to deny the problem. It certainly showed, as she had finally developed a double chin, her fat forming a pad between her neck and head. Her bulky belly hung beneath her, forming the start of a cushion when she sat down and swinging noticeably when she walked. It produced minor jiggling, especially when Rarity was forced to run (since she would never do it willingly). Her hips had expanded ever outwards, and at the restaurant they caused her wide, plush rolls of fat to spill over a bit on the arms of the chair.

Her behind, her rear, underwent the most obvious change. It was massive, reaching an inch beyond the chair width on either side. Dimples of cellulite had started to form on her ass cheeks, and they shook and wobbled like jello when she walked. While this resulted in a bit more attention from the stallions, it so meant that in every dress, she looked like a marshmallow which was pressurized and waiting to blow out of the flimsy fabric container. Her folds bulged out of every nook and cranny they could find, and bulge they did.

After gorging herself on yet another slice of pie, the bill, and a bread refill, Rarity was finally ready to leave. The tubby mare plopped out of her chair alongside Fluttershy and the two began to walk out of the establishment. However, Fluttershy soon noticed that she was one pony short. Looking back, she saw why...

"Flutter...shy... Can... *huff*... You wait... *Phew*... For me?" Rarity called out to her friend up ahead on the road. Fluttershy realized that in her more massive body, Rarity was actually slower than Fluttershy. The large mare swung her large belly from side to side, waddling as fast as she could. Her whole body was jiggling, her flab shaking up and down as her beachball-like rear did it's best to keep up. Sadly, it was of no use; after a few minutes of this high speed waddling, Rarity just collapsed in a jiggling heap.

The spot that she picked happened to be close to the boutique, so after assuring Fluttershy that she could get in on her own, Rarity lifted a chunky hoof in farewell.
--------------------------

Another tear rolled down the soft, plump cheek of the flabby fashionista, adding to the small puddle of moisture accumulating on Fluttershy's shoulder. Fluttershy hugged her friend close, offering Rarity emotional support while also squeezing and feeling the fat that now encased Rarity completely. A small sob escaped from the tubby mare's lips, and Rarity tried to speak.

"Oh, Fluttershy... I'm so sorry that... That you have to deal with me like this... I... I just can't handle this on my own..."

Fluttershy nuzzled against Rarity's side, trying to lift her friend's spirit. "Rarity, it's not that bad... It'll be fine, I'm sure."

Rarity turned and stared at the Pegasus, a look of horror on her face. "Not that bad? NOT THAT BAD? Look at me! I'm hideous!" she cried out, the tears beginning again. She held up a roll of her fat with a hoof and let it fall and slap against the bed she laid upon. "Don't you see this! I'm massive! I... I can't believe I'm this out-of-control... How am I ever going to lose all this! What if I can't! There's no way I'll be able to get back to my old dress size! I'll be stuck being ugly forever! I-" Rarity was cut off from her downward spiral as Fluttershy gently placed a hoof over her mouth and shushed her.

"Rarity! You are not hideous. You just fine, whatever size you may be."

"But how-"

Fluttershy silenced Rarity's protests once again to retrieve an object out of her saddlebags, placing in front of Rarity. The cover showed that it was a fashion magazine for plus-size models and the fashion industry that went along with it.

"See?" Fluttershy said, "There are plenty of larger ponies that are perfectly happy. You don't need to change to be beautiful," she told Rarity firmly.

"So... You really do think I look fine?"

Fluttershy nodded, prompting Rarity to sit and ponder this for a moment. After a few seconds, a small smile crept onto her face. "Well, then... I suppose I could learn to live with this..." she reached down and poked her pillow-shaped thighs. "I could even design large dresses! It could be a whole new branch of business for me!" The more she thought about it, the more the idea appealed to her. "I can keep eating whatever I want, too! I can stay fashionable while not having to give up my morning cupcakes! Oh, thank you, Fluttershy!" Rarity was beaming now, having done a full emotional reversal. She embraced Fluttershy in a warm hug, her forelegs soft and beginning to feel squishy as well, before turning her attention away.

"Speaking of which..." said Fluttershy, reaching for the second item in her saddlebag, "would you like some of those cupcakes now? I picked up a dozen from Sugarcube Corner."

Rarity licked her lips and gave Fluttershy a playful nudge. "But of course, darling! However, I've just realized that you seem to have been bringing me an awful lot of snacks and such... You wouldn't happen to be encouraging this, would you?" As she said this, she made at attempt to stand. It took her two tries, but the obese mare rose to her hooves and showed Fluttershy the result of all her snacking. Her large belly folded into two rolls, swaying gently with every movement Rarity made. She had a definite double chin that appeared even when she looked straight forward, and her legs were somewhat rounder as each one now had a small layer of flab, which further pushed her hips apart. Her hips and rear shook and jiggled, forming folds of flab as they hung heavily off of her. She gave them a small shake, causing tiny ripples to occur throughout the cellulite.

Fluttershy let out a quiet 'eek!' and blushed. "I'm sorry, you just liked them so much... Are you mad?" She averted her eyes, hoping her friend would forgive her.

Rarity just grinned and pointed to the bag. "Tell you what, dear; give me the cupcakes and we'll call it even."