• Published 7th Dec 2014
  • 666 Views, 0 Comments

Fractured Fairy Tails: Return to Wonderland - Unknown Tale



Twilight Sparkle returns to Wonderland, only to find out about a strange chess game was starting. Does she have enough courage to help the Queen?

  • ...
 0
 666

Five - Strange Visions

"My dreams come and go as the smoke rings fire and haze.
Then the strange visions appear as they chant this weird serenade."

Colgate layed eyes on the light blue unicorn, Trixie. She was singing a song of strange words as she walked near her. "Hey, um, where are you heading off to?" she asked.

Trixie turned to her and said, "Forgive me for answering a question with a question. whO aRe yoU?"

"I'm Colgate, the Wandering Knight."

"Then the legend is true. You are one of the knights Red Rarity needs for the CHESS game. So they say..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Colgate asked, a little anger in her voice.

"It means you have much to learn if you wanna take their king."

"Oh, I know, it is like chess only... har-- der..." She cleared her throat, then saw Twilight Sparkle in the distance enjoying her stroll down the path. Twilight coughed a bit from Trixie's smell of smoke. Why does she smell like that? she thought. Trixie turned to Twilight Sparkle. "Hello again," she said.

"Oh, hello Trixie! Nice to see you again."

"Yeah, well we have entered troubled times here in Wonderland. We have found a new enemy."

"A new enemy? Who's that?"

"The Black Queen. She looks similar to a changeling or whatever they call that... thing."

"I remember hearing something about her taking the Jabberwocky. Is that true?"

"That griffon does say many things so I guess she is RIGHT. Not like RIGHT as in the direction I mean... yeah, yoU probably know that already... Anyways..."

Twilight looked real deep in thought. "The Black Queen... a changeling... this seems all too familiar." A vision suddenly entered her mind. "CHRYSALIS."

"Chrysa-what?" Trixie asked.

"Chrysalis: The Changeling Queen. She almost ruled Equestria one day. What could she want with Wonderland?"

Trixie shrugged. Colgate, however, could feel anger burning from the name. She growled and said, "No, I will not forgive her, she must be stopped. BUT WHERE DO I START?"

Twilight put a hoof on Colgate. "Whoa, Colgate, calm down."

"Y-yeah... you're right..." Colgate then said, shyly. "So, where's the queen?" she then asked. Twilight and Trixie knew the answer and pointed down one direction. "Okay thanks." Colgate and Fluttershy ran off.

Trixie couldn't bare keeping her secret from Twilight. "Twilight..." she started. Twilight looked at her. "I need to tell U something I should've before I sent you back the first time."

"What's that?" Twilight asked curiously.

"I always see strange things everywhere I go. I should've known better than to be the All-Knowing of Wonderland. I see Strange Visions chanting serenades, and they come and they go as things fire and blaze. I have too much time on my hooves looking through great victories and harmful catastrophes. I am needed rarely to tell them about the future and the problems we would come across."

"Why do those words sound familiar?"

"Because it is," Trixie quickly replied. "DON'T, TELL, ANYPONY. I have gone through enough pain and change as it is." She showed her darkening tail. "Forgive me..." Twilight Sparkle understood how much pain she was feeling from those events. The only words she could say to her were, "It'll be alright in the end. I promise." She then walked on. Trixie let a tear roll down her face as she smiled. Thank you, Twilight. She teleported away.

Author's Note:

References: The Giver