• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 2,613 Views, 133 Comments

The Brony and the Baddy? - Blazidude30



Sonata Dusk just wanted to escape her so-called friends, only to end up in another world inhabited by these crazy humans.

  • ...
14
 133
 2,613

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rainbow Rocks had finished, and Sonata had found herself laying on Brad. She sat up immediately, embarrassed.

"Oh, sorry," She smiled sheepishly, "I tend to do that sometimes."

"Eh, don't worry about it," Brad said casually, "Sometimes things like that just happen."

"Thanks," Sonata began, "So, um, what now?"

"Well, you've told me a lot of things," Brad began, "So its only fair I tell you a thing or two, and not just about the show itself."

"OK," Sonata agreed, "So how about where are we right now?"

"Um," Brad hesitated, "We be in the UK, or United Kingdom. More specifically; Chesterfield."

"So what's it like around here?" Sonata asked.

"I wouldn't know to much," Brad answered, "I grew up around the town, but I've only really lived here for a couple of years. That, and I don't really go out much. It's not the best or nicest area to live, but it's alright I suppose."

"OK," Sonata continued, "What's this ,'Chesterfield', like then?"

"It's nice," Brad replied, "Nice market, plenty of shops, things to do; it's alright. Again, I don't really go out much, but I've been around here long enough to know the place pretty well."

"Huh," Sonata said, "Sounds like you don't go out much at all."

"In all honesty," Brad admitted, "I don't really go out at all. I prefer to just sit inside all day with my laptop and games consoles."

"Oooooh," Sonata realized, "You're one of those 'nerds' that Adagio talked about."

Brad cringed at the word 'nerds'. "I don't really like being called that," Brad said, "Please don't just call me one like that, it makes me feel singled out for no reason."

"Sure, but one condition," Sonata complied, "Please don't call me a 'Siren'. I don't really like being related to them, it just makes me sometimes think I'm evil."

As she looked down, Brad put a hand on her back. "Hey," he encouraged, "Don't worry. You're not evil, and don't let anyone make you think that you are. You said yourself you wanted to change; don't let anyone stop you. I hate being called a nerd, it makes me feel I've been picked apart from a crowd to be looked down upon."

"Yeah," Sonata said, "Adagio always said to stay away from those kinds of people. I don't know why; you've been nothing but nice to me. Even if a little weird." Sonata giggled.

"A wise man once said the loneliest are the kindest," Brad stated sadly.

"Hey, it's alright," Sonata re-assured, "Someday that girl that's perfect for you will be waiting for you. Don't get down on yourself; it doesn't help me and I doubt it helps you."

"Thanks," Brad said, "You don't know sometimes what it means to be told that. No-one really does. It's funny how you should be one upset because you ended up here, and you're cheering me up."

"Say, why did you leave anyway?"

Sonata was caught of guard.

"I know you didn't want to be a part of... be with Adagio and Aria," Brad continued, "but you never did say the reason why you left."

"It's... complicated," Sonata said uneasily, "I don't really want to go into all the details."

"Well, don't," Brad bluntly said, "Only tell me what you feel comfortable telling me now." 'Maybe one day I can get the full story.'

"OK, then," Sonata complied, "Basically I... I wanted to be away from them. I wanted to separate myself from them, and start a new life. No-one at CHS liked me for what I helped do, and my...my...they hated me. All of them. I wanted to away from it all, and just took the portal."

"You took the portal?" Brad concerningly asked, "The one that was supposed to take you to Equestria?"

"Right," Sonata said, "I hoped to be forgiven by the ponies of Equestria, and maybe even get to live like one, too. I wanted to be forgiven, and Equestria is a forgiving place sometimes."

"So, how did you end up here?" Brad inquisitively asked.

"I...I don't know, " Sonata replied honestly, "I felt my body changing, and then this was this loud 'SMASH' sound, and then I blacked out."

"I wonder if something happened to the portal while you were in it," Brad began to think, (still a dangerous thing), "Someone may have turned off the portal while you were in it; flinging you out at wherever it could. My mirror didn't seem all that special, it was just one that was given to me by my mum."

"Guess we won't really know now," Sonata said sadly, "It's broken up into a million pieces; no-one could put that back together."

"Don't worry," Brad said, "I'm sure there's someway to get you home."

"Yeah...wait," Sonata paused, "You wanna take me back to Equestria?"

"I want to make you happy," Brad replied, "And if taking you back to Equestria is what'll do it, then it's what I'll help you do."

"Thanks," Sonata said, taken aback, "Nobody's ever done that for me."

"Well," Brad responded, "I'm glad to be the first."

Sonata smiled. "You're too kind, you know."

"Thanks, but really I'd do it for most people that need help," Brad started, "Apart from if they looked like they were a drug addict."

"Yeah, wait what?" Sonata asked suddenly.

"Well, if they look like they might not..." Brad tailed off, "Yeah I don't know where I was going with that."

"Anyway," Sonata tried to get onto a different topic, "there has a couple things I've been wondering about."

"What are they?" Brad asked.

"First of all, why are your socks dirty?" Sonata asked.

"Huh?" Brad responded and looked down at the feet in question. Sure enough, the socks once white now looked more brown from mud and tarmac stuck to them. "Oh, uh, I had to go outside."

"What for?" Sonata asked, "I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want."

"Uh..." Brad paused, "It's nothing important."

"Ok, if you say so." Sonata said.

'Phew, dodged a bullet there' Brad thought. "So what else was there you wanted to ask?"

"Well, the show that Equestria is set in is called 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic', right?" Sonata began.

'Oh god,' Brad thought.

"So why do you like it?"

Brad just stared an Sonata, unsure of what to say.

"I mean," she continued, "It doesn't exactly sound like something you'd be watching."

"You're right," Brad admitted, "It isn't. I...I wish I could answer for you, but I struggle answering the question normally."

"What's so different now?" Sonata asked.

"Someone from that show is asking me," Brad blatantly responded.

"Oh," Sonata realized, "Right. Well say what you can. I don't mind."

"Well," Brad began, "That's just it. I can't. The best explanation I can give is that it's an escape from reality. Equestria is like my utopia. Everything is relatively peaceful, there's little to worry about compared to here, and everything just seems so...colorful."

"So you watch it..." Sonata to began.

"...to get away from it all," Brad finished.

The two looked at each other for a moment.

"We actually have a fair amount in commom, don't we?" Sonata asked.

"Apparently," Brad answered.

"We both want to get away from our own worlds, we both like are different to society," Sonata listed, "All we would need is for you to have two people that you don't want to be with but you have to. At least you don't have that to deal with." Sonata smiled.

The sound of a door opening made Brad cringe slightly.

"Hellooooooooooooo?"

"Huh?" Sonata looked at Brad, "What's that?"

"You know how you had two people you didn't want to be with but you had to be with them anyway?" Brad asked.

"Yeah?" Sonata replied.

"Braaaaad? You upstairs?"

"Well, you're about to meet my version of them," Brad said.

"My stepbrothers."

Author's Note:

Sorry if this one feels info-dump-y. I just felt there was a lot to get out there. New characters next chapter and I'll tell you one thing, I can't wait to show you them. I feel in the flow of writing at the moment, so you might even get another chapter by the end of this week! As always, thanks so much for all the support; you guys are such an incentive to keep on writing. Until next time: peace!