• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 1,869 Views, 211 Comments

The Siren Song: A Siren's Fight - Shadowmane PX-41



The Dazzlings have finally seen just how malefic their brothers have truly become. Now it's up to them and The Rainbooms to save the three worlds from their insidious ways. Will the Magic of Friendship prevail in the conclusion of The Siren Song?

  • ...
4
 211
 1,869

Friends on the Other Side

When the girls all readjusted to the light, they found themselves in the rather regal Canterlot Castle throne room. They could immediately see all the regal designs on the walls and columns, in addition to all the very well-crafted stained glass windows. The other things that could be seen in this room were a very bizarre portal-like device with archaic runes powering it up, some almighty thrones, and four ponies with rather concerned looks on their faces.

"W-Where are we?" Adagio said, being the first of the group to speak once the four ponies had walked closer to meet them. She could clearly see that there were three Alicorns presiding over them, as well as the very pony that both killed and banished her and the other Dazzlings.

"You're in Equestria, Dazzlings. It's been a really long time since you three have set foot in this world," said the white pony with rather colourful flowing hair. "I trust that you're rather welcome to be back?"

"Kind of..." Aria surveyed the room, remembering all the Equestrian knowledge that she'd remembered. "If I recall correctly, you're Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza..." she then stalled when she remembered the face of the pony that defeated, murdered, and banished her and the other Dazzlings. "...and the infamous Starswirl the Bearded..."

"I'm rather flattered that you all know who we are, Dazzlings. But that does raise a lot of questions..." Cadence said as she idly tilted her head towards the ceiling. "For example, how do you know about us?"

"During our time travelling Equestria, before and during our corruption, we learned a hefty amount of Equestrian lore in our travels..." Adagio started to explain herself and the rest of The Dazzlings. "To think, that lore would have been completely irrelevant if not for this situation..."

"It was written in the earliest period of Equestria's history, that four almighty chosen ones would go on life-changing journeys, overcoming many trials and tribulations with the reward of Alicorn royalty at the end of it all," Aria continued on with Adagio's explanation. "Among those chosen ones, there would be two sisters, one strong-willed filly, and one who would delve into the Magic of Friendship..."

"The actual names and truths on the four chosen ones would remain a mystery until decided, but they would all bear the mark of an Alicorn Princess when they had been proven worthy," Sonata continued with The Dazzlings' explanation. "It was said that they would be the four overseers that would ensure the safety of Equestria, with a combined magical strength that would be able to shape Equestria into a utopia of a world..."

"However, twas said that the four alicorns would see even more strife and hardships in the future..." Starswirl had been listening to the lore himself, and decided to finish it all up for them. "Their combined power might have been able to create a perfect world, but there would be many forces that have yet to be slain that will do everything in their power to disrupt the perfection process..." he looked at all of the girls, then back at Celestia, Luna, and Cadence. "Equestria has seen many a powerful foe, and will continue to see even more powerful foes in the future. But at this moment in time, there is a foe far stronger than anything that had already been defeated, or has yet to be defeated..."

"Hey, listen. I hate to cut your story telling short, old man, but are we gonna get to the part that we're all freaking horses?!" Rainbow Dash said, finally speaking up for the group.

"Equestria's laws are far different than the laws of the Human World. Since humans in this world are alien to us, this world is able to identify your DNA and reshape it into that of the pony counterpart of you." Celestia decided to explain.

"I'm confused..." Fluttershy said, nervously peaking out from the group.

"Let me explain it, Sister," Luna walked down from her throne and arrived at the group rather quickly. "Equestria and the Human World seem parallel to each of us, as if the two worlds are a mirror's image with altered perspectives. If there is a human in the Human World that resembles a character that is known in Equestria, it's because the two are completely perfect counterparts of one another," Luna's explanation was rather lengthy. "Should a pony from Equestria, such as Twilight Sparkle of Sunset Shimmer attempt to wander into the other world, their biological make-up is completely redone in order to match the laws of the other world. It is a rather otherworldly process, but it's the only one that keeps our worlds linked together."

"Since The Dazzlings are still humans, we have to assume that they don't have pony or human counterparts at all, and are free to retain their forms in this world..." Starswirl said, lifting The Dazzlings' arms and studying their legs. "Very peculiar, I shall have to write this down in my studies on Lyricans..."

Aria spoke up. "I hate to interrupt and deny Starswirl's rather smart studies, but I have a confession to make..." she and the other Dazzlings were quickly enveloped in a quick glow of red light before appearing as their three Hippocampi. "You see, we Lyricans have far more talents than humanity and equinity has ever witnessed..."

The three of them transformed into ponies when the glow bathed them once more. When their transformation was complete, they could hear gasps coming from everyone else in the room as they became equines. When the surprise had died down a little, Adagio spoke up. "Lyrican Sirens can merely identify a species or life form that is alien to them, and then harmlessly acquire their DNA. Since we've been hanging around humans and ponies an awful lot, we've come to acquire their DNA as well, enabling us to take their forms and blend in with the crowd..."

"Impressive, so you three are even more than meets the eye..." Cadence said as The Dazzlings quickly reverted to their regular states once more.

"All that and more. You see, Lyrican Sirens don't even need their pendants to fight," Sonata decided to continue, feeling rather logical as she educated the group further. "All we need is our strong spirits, some swords, and a very good reason to fight. Well that and the fact that we'll only get even greater pendants when we talk to Lord Symphonia later..."

"Even more intriguing..." Starswirl stroked his beard as he continued to examine the three Lyricans that graced his presence. "If only I'd seen the complexity of your species before the Great War... I would have turned down the deal from those six spirits..."

"So, what are we doing here in your world, Your Highness?" Rarity asked, remembering to bow as she spoke to Celestia.

"We saw everything through the archaic corridor that Discord and Starswirl had been working on..." Celestia pointed towards the portal-like construct that looked like it was purely made out of bricks and runes. There were rather complex foundations that kept the rather large doorway open. There were even some runes that levitated freely with all the magic they were radiating. The design of the runes was rather striking as well, as they looked like accurate representations of Human World objects, as well as Equestrian items and artefacts. "It was hard work, but the combination of Starswirl and Discord's magic was enough to open up another portal to the Human World, one that we could fully access and use to our advantages..."

"Discord?" Applejack asked, unsure as to who he was.

"I heard somepony saying my name down there!" he said in a sing-song tone as he appeared in a burst of white light.

"MONSTER!" Pinkie Pie shrieked up from the group and used her hooves to speed towards the door when she got a good look at Discord. Her efforts were in vain as the door was closed and replaced with a rather odd trampoline. Since she was already moving, it was impossible for Pinkie to stop, and she ran straight into the trampoline, bouncing her back into the group.

"Yeah, I get that a lot around new people. It's actually quite grown on me in a way..." he said, with vines that read "Monster" growing all over him. "But I'm just messing around. And I can see from the severity of the situation that there's no time for me to act like I usually act. After all, we're running out of time..." he quickly turned into an hourglass with the sands falling at a rather fast pace.

"Soon our brothers will just take the Right Souls of Fury from us, enabling the three of them to call out the entire Siren Species from the afterlife..." Adagio said, explaining her brother's plan to the entire party of equines. "Now this wouldn't be so bad for us, but it's far more worse than we could have ever imagined..." she then looked rather displeased as she curled her head and looked downwards in fear. "When The Blasters resurrect the Lyrican Sirens, they'll use them to purge Equestria and the Human World of all humans and ponies, saying that they're cleansing the worlds of their filth..."

"Hmm... It sounds like these Blasters mean business..." Celestia said, getting up from her throne so that she too could address the group clearer. "I've seen all the events that have happened thus far. And I know the poor fate that has befallen one of the four chosen ones that you three mentioned..."

"There's still a chance that we can break through to The Rainbooms of this world and free them from Forty's vile curse..." Adagio continued. "It might be a long shot, but we just have to find The Rainbooms that our brothers possessed and transformed. Then, we just have to fight them until they get exhausted and weak."

"And your point is?" Rainbow Dash was unaware as to where Adagio was going with her explanation.

"When The Rainbooms fall to their knees in exhaustion, they'll be susceptible to any other counter-spells that can free them from the curse that The Blasters planted on them..." Aria decided to answer as Adagio took in a breath of air. "Lyrican Sirens do have a rather high pain threshold, though, so it might be a while before then fall down in defeat. But when they do, we'll be able to administer the cure and free The Rainbooms of Equestria from this insidious evil."

"So, how are we supposed to find these Rainbooms of our world?" Cadence decided to ask once The Dazzlings had finished their little explanation.

"Well, Allegro said that Twilight's 'friends' were waiting when she turned into a Lyrican Siren, which must mean that the six of them can be found on Lyrica..." Adagio pinpointed the location of the six girls relatively quickly with her logic. "We just need to find someway on getting to Lyrica and defeating The Rainbooms that belong to The Blasters..."

"From my time back on Equestria, I see the only point of access we have in reaching Lyrica is via the portal found in the Pit of Lyrics..." Starswirl pointed out, slowly pulling out a book before flipping rapidly through the pages until he found the picture that he was seeking "If we can open up the portal to Lyrica, like Twilight did, we might be able to traverse the spectral corridor of worlds once more... It's a rather arduous trial we're undergoing with this route, but it's the only one we have at this moment in time..."

"Hold on a second... We're just going to barge into Lyrica, try and find Twilight and the other Sirens that The Blasters command, and fight them?" Rainbow Dash said, tilting her head in confusion. "I know that that sounds like an awesome plan, but against perfect copies of us, who just now have Twilight on their side? I might be a reckless daredevil in my world, but even I know that a plan like that is suicidal, even with The Dazzlings on our side..."

"Even so, we can't abandon hope now, girls. This could be the one and only chance we get at saving the worlds..." Sonata motivated the group, encouraging them listen to her uplifting words. "Orchy and his friends and gonna be bringing an army with them if their plan succeeds and ours fails. We need to do everything we can to stop them, even if there is a risk of us dying in the process..."

"Suicidal or not, it's the same deal for our brothers. Which is why we should get moving as soon as possible..." Aria said, looking at the sun's position in the sky. "This is the one chance they'll get at restoring the Siren species, and if their attempt goes pear-shaped, then they'll end up suffering in the process..."

"What do you mean by this, Adagio?" Sunset asked, her curiosity piqued at this moment in time.

"If our brothers fall in battle, all the energy they've amassed will discharge when their pendants shatter..." Adagio reminded the group on the properties of a Siren's pendant. "You all witnessed what happened to us when our pendants shattered..."

"Don't remind us..." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, cringing at the thought of that memory.

"With all the energy that our brothers have acquired, including the Magic of Friendship, the discharge would become fatal..." Adagio pointed out. "Even though the Left Souls of Bliss give our brothers immortality, it'll still take them tens of thousands of years to return if the discharge does in fact kill them. .."

"But if they die, not only will we not have brothers, but the Right Souls of Fury will vanish as well. Without the Souls of Song, the Balance of Lyrica will spiral out of our hands, and will fall into the hands of the ponies of this world, and the humans of the Human World..." Aria continued. "They'll be able to control their own destinies when the Souls of Song fade away..."

"While we still get revived since we're the soul inheritors of the Souls of Song, it might take tens of thousands of years for us when we die as well..." Sonata added on to her Furen Sisters' explanation. "I know it's gonna be a rather unbearable wait, one that will ensure you never see us again, but we'll still be right here with you during the rest of your lives, and even when you slip into a rather pleasant afterlife..."

"So, if The Blasters fail to accomplish their evil plan, then they'll only be reborn in a distant period of time?" Starswirl wanted confirmation on that one fact.

"Correct, the Souls of Song are immortal, like light and darkness. They'll only be resurrected when the timing is truly right..." Adagio finished.

"Well... that's rather sad, actually..." Sunset said, showing a great deal of sorrow upon Adagio's finishing words. "I may never see the three of you again if we win this..."

"Don't be sad, Mum. You need to keep up your own fight and keep your kind safe. It's what your ancestors would have wanted, after all..." Adagio put a hand on Sunset's shoulder and gently stroked her mane. "Everything has its' time, and everything ends..."

"Everything ends... That's why we can't allow The Blasters to revive the Siren species..." Aria said as she turned to face the door. "Maybe, the species is better off teetering on the edge of near-extinction. We can handle the Balance ourselves just fine. It's what our brothers are doing that will upset the Balance once more, causing another eternity of pain and conflict..."

"We must head off, posthaste!" Starswirl said, cutting the emotions short. "Your emotional hardships must wait for now, ladies. We must all be off to the Pit of Lyrics, so that we can access the portal to Lyrica and end The Blasters' villainy..."

"You're right..." Sunset said, fighting back further tears as she too showed a rather large burst of confidence. "We can't let emotions cloud our minds. We need to push forward and end this, once and for all!"

"I'm in!" Rainbow Dash put her hoof out.

"Me too!" Applejack said, feeling quite confident as her hoof met Rainbow Dash's

"We're coming to save you, Twilight!" Pinkie said, putting her hoof on top of the pile of other hooves.

"It won't be long, darling..." Rarity added her own hoof to the stack.

"For hope and friendship..." Fluttershy's own hoof was added.

"My friend... I'll be there soon..." Sunset added her own hoof to the stack, quickly making it seem like it was all over, when four more hooves were added shortly after that.

"We can't allow The Blasters to further threaten Equestria, girls," Celestia said, addressing the whole group once everyone's hooves were returned to their own bodies, "That's why we're coming with you to Lyrica..."

"We might not be able to overcome The Blasters, but we might be able to give you a helping hand in restoring the Spirits of Harmony to their true selves..." Luna added on, making sure that all of the girls were listening.

"This adventure could very well be our last, but it's gonna be one of the most exciting adventures we've had yet..." Cadence said, feeling rather optimistic at this point in time. "I look forward to seeing what wonders we see along the way to finishing The Blasters..."

"Girls, this journey's gonna be TWICE as hard as anything you've ever defeated in the past..." Adagio reminded them as the ponies all turned their attention to The Dazzlings. "Anything that you might have beaten in the past, including us, consider that the opening act..."

"We'll be ready to face any hardships on our path, Lyricans. Mark my words, these monsters will suffer for their crimes against the other worlds, and their crimes on me..." Starswirl said, boosting the confidence of everyone around him as he felt his torture scars.

"Let's get moving. Who knows how long we have before The Blasters execute the next phase of their plan..." Celestia said as the whole group departed from the throne room, making their way towards the entrance to the castle.

As they proceeded down the hallways of Canterlot Castle, the whole group looked at each other, examining what they had going up against The Blasters and the Siren 6. Each one of them showed looks of interest, but only some showed looks of concern when they eyed up certain characters in the group. Despite all the flaws that everyone could find with the group, they still decided to press on with their journey...

Author's Note:

This might be the last thing I push out for a while, since I've gotta get up to my Grandma and Grandad's for his Birthday/Valentine's Day. I might end up watching Hearts and Hooves Day and coming up with an interesting theory tomorrow, it all depends on what time I have on my hands...

Luna: I'm sure you have plenty of time on your hooves, Shadowmane...

Celestia: After all, you also need a special somepony for Hearts and Hooves Day as well. Do you have someone?

Me: Uhh... (Eyes the room, trying to find someone to be my valentine) Sonny!

Sonata: Me? *Blushes*

Me: Yes, Sonata. Why not?

Sonata: Because Peanut here already chose me as his very special someone...

PeanutButterBrony: Yoo snooze, yoo wose, bwodew...

Me: No faiw, Peanut! She's mine!

PeanutButterBrony: No, she's mine!

Me: Yoo wanna do dis?

PeanutButterBrony: I dun wanna, but you'we making me do it!

Me: FOW TACO TUESDAY!

PeanutButterBrony: FOW SONATABETES!

Me and Peanut: *fighting noises*

Celestia and Luna: Oh my...

Adagio: This might take a while... (Lifts Night--Mist up) Come on, Nighty. We'll check back on them when they're done fighting over Sonata.

NIght--Mist: Otay, Dagi... (Snuggles into her hair)