• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 1,869 Views, 211 Comments

The Siren Song: A Siren's Fight - Shadowmane PX-41



The Dazzlings have finally seen just how malefic their brothers have truly become. Now it's up to them and The Rainbooms to save the three worlds from their insidious ways. Will the Magic of Friendship prevail in the conclusion of The Siren Song?

  • ...
4
 211
 1,869

The Blasters' Battle of the Bands

Author's Note:

I just want to say this before I continue. Last night, I was at the TV for 2 hours straight, watching two Saturday shows that I really, REALLY like.

The first one was Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, which is basically a bunch of random events that Ant and Dec pulled over the week, ending with someone in the audience playing a quiz called "Win the Ads" which was then followed by the End of the Show Show.

The other one was the first episode of a new gameshow called You're Back in the Room, in which contestants play together to win up to £25,000. BUT, each and every round, they're hypnotized by an expert hypnotist, and will believe whatever he says about what they'll do whilst they sleep, so that it makes the game that much harder for them.

Be sure to check them both out if you get ITV Player all the way out there, and I hope you all enjoy the new chapter...

Three Years Later...


Ten hooded figures walked away from an uproar of conflict and anger, with red mist following them all the way. As the mist followed them, it travelled upwards into three of the hooded figures' hoods and vanished into red Furen pendants.

The ten figures were seen as The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings, who had to act undercover to avoid suspicions from other people who passed by. Their faces were barely visible, and when they were, only their mouths could be seen.

Eventually, The Dazzlings and The Rainbooms ended up sitting down on a nearby bench. Once they'd done so, they took down their hoods so that their faces were visible once more.

"You know, I still don't get why we have to wear these spooky hoodies, girls..." Pinkie Pie said as she reclined on the bench, feeling her lowered hood pressing against the back of her neck once she was comfortable with her position. "People are gonna mistake us for the Grim Reaper soon enough..."

"Lyrican Sirens operate in secrecy, Pinkie Pie. The only reason you saw us as Sirens back in CHS, was because that Dark Magic we were infused with made us careless, and hungry for more power than ever before," Adagio explained to Pinkie, who was merely rocking back and forth on the bench as she stretched her legs out. "You may have watched The Blasters performing on stage before, Rainbow Dash. The reason why no-one saw them as Lyrican Sirens was because their pendants were concealed behind their flashy clothing."

"If our pendants are exposed to the people around us, then some random fool who's immune to our singing could easily report us to the authorities. And when the law catches up with us..." Aria slid her finger across her neck and made a rather unpleasant noise to further emphasize what she meant.

"This rule has been going on for years and years, ever since the first mission our kind had in Equestria..." Adagio continued once she'd risen to her feet once more. "The ponies there were heavily equipped with magic that could almost rival our own, so we needed to take precautionary measures."

"But you all need to remember that Lyricans aren't evil, they're just doing their job to save the worlds as well. We don't allow others to utilize their emotions as weapons, we are only the ones who can temper someone's emotions, be they good or bad..." Aria finished as she got up to her feet as well.

"But The Blasters are using their emotions to lay waste to entire worlds, destroying all the things they can lay their grubby little hands on..." Sonata said, showing some great remorse for Fortissimo, Allegro and Orchestral. "If only Orchy and his friends would come to their senses and remember the true murderers of their kind, then we'd all be happy and friendly together..."

"But even so, how does it feel to be in my shoes, Dazzlings?" Sunset said as she rose to her feet as well. "Don't let it all go to your he-" her phone then started ringing. "Oh, hold on, girls. I gotta take this," she hit the green button and put the phone to her cheek, so that she could hear the caller. "Hello?"

"Sunset? It's Fuchsia and Lavender," Fuchsia's voice came through the phone, making Sunset's expression change for a brief instance. "Anyways, we're here with The Snapshots in the local Coffee Shop downtown. We've just got a very important news report on The Blasters that I think you and the girls need to hear."

"Alright. We're on our way now," Sunset hung up the phone and put it in her pocket once again. "We've got to get to the Coffee Shop. The Illusions and The Snapshots have just seen a news report on The Blasters."

"We can get to the Coffee Shop downtown this way. I've memorized the entire town from top to bottom, so I know where each and every shortcut is." Adagio said as everyone put their hoods back on and got up from the bench.

Within moments, the whole group was on their way to the Coffee Shop, with only one or two girls starting up a conversation as they travelled. They were relatively silent due to the fact that they needed to focus on The Blasters and what that news report said on them.


Eventually, everyone got into the Coffee Shop, with the bell ringing above their heads as they stepped inside. They looked at each and every one of the tables until they found The Illusions and The Snapshots sitting down at the furthest table from the door. Seeing their friends, The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings proceeded towards them in a rather quiet fashion, so as not to disturb anyone else in the establishment.

"So, what have you found on The Blasters?" Adagio asked as everyone either sat on the benches, or pulled up some stools so that they could sit on.

"Here," Pixel Pizazz handed her Journalizer to the group, showing a news report that showed The Blasters attending a massive press conference with tons of their adoring fans gazing upon them and were accompanied by a group of paparazzi who were getting pictures for their own news reports. "The Blasters just let this story get out today, so I figured you might as well hear it to plan ahead of them."

Sunset tapped the picture, turning that simple clear shot into what looked like a recorded news broadcast.

"And in other news, the worldwide musical group known as 'The Blasters' have just broken the all-time record for the most amount of money earned by a chart-topping music group," the reporter said as the report began. "With their overall earnings reaching a colossal 75 trillion dollars, The Blasters have been dubbed the richest band on the planet."

"When they were told of their success, The Blasters were instantly flown all the way out to Califawnia to attend a colossal press conference, with over 21,000 people attending, loving fans and paparazzi," the reporter was then replaced with a screen which showed different images of The Blasters, which then transitioned to a moment from their press conference. "Whilst we were unable to get all of the questions from their conference, we were able to get this important announcement from them..."


"So, Blasters. You've been one of the most successful bands this world has ever seen, with over seventeen years of success carrying you forward," one of the journalists spoke to Fortissimo, Allegro and Orchestral whilst they all paid attention to each and every word that fell from her mouth. "You've racked up 25 trillion dollars each, confirmed bilions and billions of merchandising, released one hundred and fifty albums altogether and have even written autobiographies on yourselves."

"Thank you, Linda, but I can honestly say that we weren't alone throughout this endeavour. Allegro and Orchestral here backed me up, and I backed them up and helped them every step of the way," Fortissimo said, putting his arms around Allegro and Orhcestral's shoulders. "I couldn't be more prouder to have them on the band."

"So, with all of your success carrying you through all those years after the second crisis at CHS, your band has become rather popular as of late. You've stayed fresh and entertaining for far longer than any other band that became popular," Linda asked them another question, her words automatically being written down on the special Journalizer she was carrying. "So tell us, what's next for you and The Blasters?"

"Well..." Fortissimo put his fingers to his chin and stroked it tenderly, before he and The Blasters got up to their feet and began vocalizing.

They began with harmonic hums, getting all of the audience to drop what they were doing and heed what they were doing. Each one of The Blasters stepped forward with each hum, before all of them were standing before their crowd of paparazzi and adoring fans.

I know that past Battles of the Bands
Have been under appreciated

Fortissimo began singing, his voice powerful enough to pierce everyone and make them powerless to his singing. He leisurely swung his hips as he approached his audience.

And though you have short attention spans
My tournament is now in your head

He got so close to the audience that they could practically touch him.

It's clear from your dumbfounded glances
You can't comprehend what I say

Fortissimo sung as he could see everyone was staring at him with rather beguiled looks on their faces.

But the prizes will leave you in trances
Even YOU could be whom we shall pay...

Fortissimo whispered into the ears of many different audience members before finally pointing towards a random group of fangirls, making them swoon and faint in euphoria.

So prepare for the greatest of all games
Prep you clothes for the music ahead
All of this world's best bands
From their native homelands

Fortissimo brought up multiple different groups of both fans and paparazzi so they could dance with him.

And where do we feature?

Linda asked him before he began pinching her cheek

Just listen to teacher

I know it seems crazy
But soon you'll all thank me
When we lay this big debate to bed

Fortissimo was accompanied by Allegro and Orchestral, who were providing backing vocals and harmonic hums to enhance their powers of singing.

Take my word and you won't be alone
Battletone

Fortissimo's lyrics were quite loud and made all of the groups that had been brought up sing along with him in the end.

"Battletone? Despite that being a pun of baritone, what is it?" one of the members of the audience asked when Fortissimo was given some time to catch his breath and listen to his crowd.

"A name for OUR Battle of the Bands, that's what it is." Fortissimo answered that member of the crowd simply by pointing his finger at them and shooting a smile for the camera.

"So, we get to play music in it?" another one of the members of the crowd asked Fortissimo, eager to get an answer from him.

"Well, duh! It is a Battle of the BANDS, after all..." Orchestral answered in Fortissimo's place, making the member of the audience smile with glee. "And you could all enter it..."

"Awesome! Come on, everyone! Ba-ttle-tone! Ba-ttle-tone!" one member of the crowd got all of the other members of the audience to chant along with him, all of them driven by what The Blasters had talked about earlier.

"Now, now. Settle down, everyone. You need to hear the prizes before you get hyped..." Allegro said, calming everyone down so they could listen to what exactly they would be battling for.

"So what is it, guys?" a fangirl on the stage asked, getting to an almost touching position in front of The Blasters.

"The winners of Battletone win a fifty trillion dollar recording contract and the chance to duel us, for the title of WORLD'S MOST SUPREME BAND!"

That statement alone got the audience to release a thunderous roar of applause, cheering and whistles. They were now completely swept away by The Blasters' statements and were fully willing to take part in their tournament to win all of those prizes they'd mentioned. They also ended up chanting Battletone once they'd had that name bored into their minds.

By entering The Blasters' tourney
When we sing, we'll be all-time adored

The crowd sang, their voices in a harmony that was completely perfect and had absolutely no errors in it at all.

Of course, when you in, you're expected
To follow the rules we've implored

Fortissimo once more had all of the audience's attention as he returned to lyrics again.

You are all potential queen and kings
And though that case might not be

Should one group be known as The Dazzlings...
YOUR TRICKS HAVE NO EFFECT ON ME!

Fortissimo could hear the audience all vocalizing and humming in harmony as he sang rather gracefully. However, he then grabbed the majority of the cameras and put his face as close to them as possible. His sudden anger made Adagio, Aria and Sonata recoil in shock as they reacted to his actions.

Now's the time to perfect your music skills
Practice hard, for the tournament beyond

With all of this planning, your dreams will be spanning
Decades of new glory, for your fans to see

Your music respected, adored and affected
By fans that find your songs quite fond!

And remember the words wrote in stone

As Fortissimo sang, he and The Blasters were suddenly atop a rising platform, with their backup singers rising on different steps along with them as he continued to wow the crowd with his vocals.

Battletone!

Everyone sang together, all of them pleased and excited by the tournament that The Blasters had created for them.

We'll remember the words wrote in stone

The crowd all sang and danced, expelling blue mist that climbed the platform and vanished into The Blasters' clothing, which only made their costumes shine even brighter than before as they came to the end of their song.

BATTLETONE!

Everyone in the place sang the final note, and the audience then cheered for The Blasters as their show came to an end. The euphoria in that place was undeniable, everyone would be participating for Battletone now.


"The Blasters are trying what we tried, but are doing it on a much more colossal scale this time..." Adagio said once the video had come to an end and The Blasters' song had finished. "And unlike when we made our Battle of the Bands at CHS, they'll be able to consume both harmony AND hatred, so they'll be that much harder to beat..."

"Are you girls going to be participating in it?" Twilight asked The Illusions and The Snapshots once they'd handed Pixel's Journalizer back to her.

"No. I've no desire for such treacherous spoils anymore, especially not after what you ten pulled during the final battle of the last music tournament you were in..." Trixie said, no longer acting in first person as she conversed with the group. "And besides, I've only got one song, and that'd probably wear itself down after the second round or so. So me, Fuchsia and Lavender are going to be sitting this one out..."

"We probably won't be a part of Lyrican affairs anymore too. We've zeen your hell, and all ze things you can make others do with your singing, so it'd be like signing our own death warrants to duel against Sirens zat almost drove our world into another war," Photo Finish said. "No offense, right?"

"None taken, girls. Lyrican Sirens ARE usually guaranteed to win in musical tournaments..." Sonata said, then looked at The Rainbooms briefly. "Except for that one time when we were corrupted by Dark Magic and allowed ourselves to be stupid and arrogant..."

"So, what are we going to do, girls?" Fluttershy asked once Sonata had finished. "I don't know if we can stand against The Blasters in their Battle of the Bands, especially since they've got those pendants around their necks. Sure, we can hold our all against other HUMAN bands, but against The Blasters, we might as well have already lost..."

"You don't have to be the ones that carry the burden, Rainbooms. But I do have a plan to make sure we get to fight The Blasters," Adagio said, bringing all of The Rainbooms in together so that they could listen to what she had to say. "We sign up for Battletone as separate bands, then we split up and face off against the other bands. That way, if we both make it to the finals, no matter who wins, we get to battle The Blasters and save the spellbound contestants."

"Okay, you're on." Rainbow Dash smiled, completely following on with what Adagio had said to her.

"Divide and conquer, just like in the book. I like your style, Dazzlings..." Twilight smiled as she too knew where exactly Adagio had been going with her planning. Twilight believed that Adagio was an amazing strategist, and would very easily be able to use their plan to take out the other bands in Battletone. "The ten of us are gonna clean up!"

"It's a promise!" Sonata said, shaking hands with all seven of The Rainbooms.

"A Pinkie Promise?" Pinkie Pie asked The Dazzlings as she sprang up from the stool she'd been perched on.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." The Dazzlings all recited Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Promise, performing the finger actions as well as the words, so that everyone knew that it was a certified Pinkie Promise.

"Alright then, it's settled. Girls, get your instruments and get practising," Sunset said as everyone was in agreement on the plan that they'd all formulated. "We've got ourselves a Battle of the Bands on our hands..."

"Hey, you did a rhyme!" Pinkie said as she suddenly appeared behind Sunset, then moved away to give her some breathing room.