• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 1,869 Views, 211 Comments

The Siren Song: A Siren's Fight - Shadowmane PX-41



The Dazzlings have finally seen just how malefic their brothers have truly become. Now it's up to them and The Rainbooms to save the three worlds from their insidious ways. Will the Magic of Friendship prevail in the conclusion of The Siren Song?

  • ...
4
 211
 1,869

Dystopia: A World Full of Rage and Scorn

"Snapshots? You're alive?" Adagio was the first to examine Photo Finish, Pixel Pizazz and Violet Blur. Her eyes weren't deceiving her, these were the three Snapshots that The Blasters had supposedly killed two years ago.

"Yes, Adagio. We've been through quite a journey since The Blasters banished us to this plane of existence..." Violet Blur took out her hairband, letting her violet hair flow freely. "For over two years, we've wandered this hellish landscape, surviving solely by unleashing our anger, and using it to overcome these horrific monsters..."

"For some reason, getting angry increases our physical strength, and allows us to tap into otherworldly magic," Pixel Pizazz said as she felt the blood-red ground, feeling something resonate inside of her as a red light appeared where her hand had touched the earth. "While we no longer have control over ourselves when we get angry in this world, it enabled us to stand our grounds against many horrific monsters..."

"Ve survived by cooking each of zose demons up aftervards. It does get rather repetitive knowing zat zey come back ze next day, though..." Photo Finish looked at each of the monsters in the ravaged towns and cities, all of them breathing fire and launching streams of Furen Magic at different pieces of rubble. "But hey, at least ve're still alive to tell ze tale..."

"Quite," Adagio commended The Snapshots on their abilities to survive in Dystopia. "However, you shouldn't stoop yourself in anger too long, Snapshots. The souls of Dystopia consume the careless. Even humans that have been marked by Lyricans need to show some restraint, or they too would have fallen prey to the beasts from Dystopia," she thought of the past for a short while, then immediately remembered something else. "That's why many of the bands showed some form of restraint back then... They were angry, yes, but they weren't careless, like many other groups we marked over the years..."

"So, if this is a Siren's version of Hell, then shouldn't we all be getting angry over the smallest detail?" Rainbow Dash pointed out, reminding Adagio of where they were after that battle.

"Your undying unity casts a powerful spell on you that shields you from Dystopia's atmosphere of negativity, but that spell only lasts for so long..." Aria took over for Adagio, explaining the laws of Dystopia to Rainbow Dash as clearly as she could. "Your anger can only truly be tempered when beasts from Dystopia decide to find and attack us. If a Dystopian even touches you, then you'll instantly snap, just like that." she clicked her fingers for good measure.

"The laws don't technically apply to the three of us, since we're Furen Sirens. But Dystopian attacks deal us greater harm since we're on their playing field..." Sonata took over the explaining now. "But even so, home or away, The Dazzlings play to win!"

"Might I ask how we are supposed to leave this dimension?" Luna decided to get in on the conversation with a very important question.

"That's easy. Greed, Persuasion and Malice have portals that'll get us back to any of the three worlds in the trinity," Adagio said, pointing towards a castle that was at the top of the furthest mountain away. It had red spikes all over it, and had a waterfall of even more blazing water. "However, they might decide to devour you all and spare the three of us, since we're Furens and you're humans and ponies. The Three Queens of Dystopia only let fellow Furens off the hook, and devour any other life-forms that wander up to them."

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" Rainbow Dash pointed towards the castle in the distance with vigour and gusto, knowing that another great quest was about to be had by her and her friends. "Let's get to the castle and get outta this place!"

"Good idea, I'd rather not stay here and be an easy meal for the monsters that reside in Dystopia..." Adagio and the group got moving at last, hastily moving away from their initial landing site so that they could press on towards the castle...


"So, Adagio. Do you think you could tell us a little more about Lyrican Sirens?" Pixel asked as they walked through a field of flickering flames and concealed red eyes. She took out a book that had been made out of leather and said, "We'd be glad to know more about the species..." before seeing Adagio stop in place and turn around to face her.

"Well, there's a lot to learn about Lyrican Sirens, but I suppose I could spare a few hundred words in telling you..." She said, looking into Pixel's curious eyes with rather pleasured eyes of her own. "Lyrican Sirens have existed throughout many different eons of history, maintaining the Balance of Lyrica for many years after King Allure rose to power..." Adagio's words seemed to be recorded on Pixel's book as she explained every detail. "Also, everything you ever knew about famous and heartbreaking conflicts in your world... that was our doing..."

"Everything you thought you knew about your famous wars, the beginnings were all lies..." Aria looked at The Snapshots, feeling a great sense of remorse for what had happened to them and their world. "The warlords that tore through your worlds, they weren't acting on their own terms... We stoked the fires ourselves, made them believe in such gruesome wars being the right thing..."

"And thanks to the extra data we've gathered over the years, we know that it was truly the right thing to do..." Violet Blur said, looking at the book as Pixel continued scribbling down the information. "We now know that those wars were needed, in order to maintain the Balance of Lyrica and ensure the safety of the three worlds..."

"But there was a cost behind the spreading of warfare..." Adagio decided to add on, making sure that everyone was listening clearly at that moment. "Every time we Furens spread our songs, humans and ponies would sometimes become so enveloped in their own hatred, that they would be seen as a danger to the worlds' safeties. For you see, when someone gets far too angry, they're instantly pulled from their world, separated from their skins, and left in the darkest corners of Dystopia as a soul, haunting the anger-fuelled plains for all of eternity with no retribution or resurrection..."

"But there's even more to Lyricans than just the properties of Furens and Blissens..." Aria decided to add on. "Whenever someone is marked by a Siren's song, they seem like they're being mind-controlled, when in reality, we're only controlling the victim's emotions..."

"What?!" the entire group spoke up upon hearing that last piece of information.

"That's right..." Sonata decided to speak at last. "Whenever a Lyrican marks somebody, they don't have access to the things they do. Instead, they have access to that person or pony's emotions..."

"In the long run, Lyrican Sirens can control how someone feels about something, and make them act according to their emotions, not out of pure impulse," Adagio went on and on with the explanations. "Every song we sang throughout history, even the ones we uttered at CHS, they weren't meant to control minds, and they never were. We merely took control of everyone's emotions, and stoked the flames of conflict against each other, making them all change their tunes and convert a showcase into all-out musical warfare..."

"Sometimes to do some good, we have to be the bad guys..." Sonata's words wafted on the ears of everyone, making them think long and hard about Lyricans after that long explanation.

Suddenly, the road ahead of everyone was sealed off by a demonic seal, which had all kinds of horrific hands grabbing on to each other to stop any and all progression. In the cornerstone of this demonic seal, was a hideous red eye with a Furen's crystal right in the pupil.

"A Dystopian Seal!" Adagio cried out when she saw that familiar mark gazing right at her. "They've found us, and are going to be using these seals to stop us from progressing!"

"Whenever these seals show up, we'll be forced to fight a Dystopian creature!" Aria explained quickly before the upcoming fight had even begun. "I hope you all know how to fight, because the only way we're going to get out of this mess is if we fight against these monsters and win!"

Suddenly, the sky turned an even darker shade of red, as the new beast descended from the sky, ready for conflict.

This new beast was heavily garbed in blood-red armour, with Furen crystals lining each different piece. However, the arms of the beast had massive claws that were where the fingers would normally be, and each claw was shaped like that of a Furen's sword. The beast snarled at the group, and craned its' neck skyward only so it could unleash a deafening roar.

Bringer of Suffering

BLOODLUST

"Snapshots, I trust that I don't need to remind you on what will happen if that thing even touches you, right?" Adagio asked The Snapshots as they locked gazes with that of the giant Bloodlust.

"We'll be fine, Dazzlings. We've been fine for over two years now," Pixel said as she balled her hands into fists and took up a combat stance. Even though she and the other Snapshots were humans that had been banished to the depths of Dystopia, they were still capable of fighting odds greater than themselves. "Let's kick this thing's ass and get back home!"

The group all jumped from their initial positions and began flanking the giant Bloodlust. Each one of their attacks doing almost nothing to it as it merely shrugged each and every blow off. The only hits that damaged the beast were the ones from The Dazzlings, as they were more accustomed to fighting these monsters.

Eventually, the Bloodlust knocked all of the non-Lyricans away, knocking them against invisible walls. It then turned its' attention to The Dazzlings, letting its' teeth become clear as it lunged forward in an attempt to devour the Furen Sirens. Its' efforts were all in vain when The Dazzlings merely kicked it into the air and slammed their heels directly into its' chest as it flew upwards.

"I believe this is the part where you-" Adagio stopped her taunt when she heard heavy gasping, as if the rest of the group had finally had something snap inside of them. "-Oh no..."

Adagio's fears were confirmed when angry screams of war erupted from the ten ponies and three humans. She could clearly see that their eyes had been replaced with a radiant red glow, and their teeth had been gnashed together into rather angry looking sets of jaws. Her friends had succumbed to the effects of Dystopia, and were now being controlled by its' powers.

"I'm gonna rip your swords right out of your flesh, you overgrown rat!" Rainbow Dash angrily charged for the still crippled Bloodlust and began mercilessly pounding away at its' body. She was now consumed by rage, so her power had drastically increased. However, she was blindsighted by her anger to even notice.

"Everyone, stop! You've already beaten it!" Adagio tried to get everyone to stop their combined assault on the Bloodlust, but her efforts were futile when she just watched her group continuously pound the beast into near-death. Eventually, Adagio bore her own furious expression, cast a gaze on the girls and screamed, "I SAID ENOUGH!" so loud that red shockwaves of energy knocked all of the angered ponies and humans into the air.

"Come on, girls. Let's do this before they get back into the fight!" Adagio joined hands with Aria and Sonata and prepared another summon that would finish the beast off.

"Emzel Kringera!" they uttered, invoking their three Hippocampi to come in and finish off the Bloodlust.

The three seahorses made short work of the beast, mercilessly pounding it into the dirt before picking out of the ground, throwing it up into the air, quickly flying above their lifeless prey and uttering a powerful sonic screech that blasted the Bloodlust straight back into the ground, with a red pillar of fire erupting from the impact.

The three Hippocampi roared in triumph and quickly vanished, but only for a brief second as they suddenly re-emerged from a massive red rip in the fabric of reality.

The beasts struggled to break free from the chains that bound them, and within mere seconds they underwent a shocking transformation. Their bodies were no longer spectral, but were now made of flesh and bone. They were no longer coloured, since they'd been freed from The Dazzlings' control. Their skins turned jet-black with blood-red war paint patterns and their eyes reverted to a feral red radiant glow. As they admired their freedom, they let out their own screams of war, ready to fight against the Lyricans that had controlled them.

Destroyers of Freedom

HIPPOCAMPI

The Dazzlings were frozen with fear upon seeing the sight. Their own Hippocampi had turned on them, after all these years of loyalty. They didn't even move an inch as the beasts closed in on them, ready to deal a fatal attack.

"DAZZLINGS!" everyone leaped into the air, knocking Adagio, Aria and Sonata out of the way so that they could take the full brunt of the assault. Their actions were met with the beasts smashing directly into them, knocking their souls straight out of their bodies. The bodies collapsed lifeless, but the souls were still there momentarily.

"Dazzlings..." Sunset's soul said, failing to notice that she and all the other souls had been grabbed by the other souls of Dystopia, ready to take them all to Greed, Persuasion and Malice.

"Mum..." Adagio's attention was quickly turned to Sunset's soul. She could see that Sunset and her friends were sacrificing themselves in order to ensure that The Dazzlins lived to fight another day. She watched as Sunset's soul radiated with each hand that latched onto it, until the light started to die out with enough souls tightly clutching it.

"Just leave us! Save the Rainbooms of Equestria, and stop The Blasters!" Sunset screamed out, as even more hands appeared and restricted the souls even further, ensuring that there was zero chance for them to escape.

The Dazzlings all watched as all of the souls screamed in terror as the hands completely consumed them, and teleported their souls to the castle in the distance. Within seconds, all of The Dazzlings' friends and family had been taken away from them.

"NO!" they all screamed, reaching out for the souls of their friends as they vanished towards the castle.

The Hippocampi were now locking gazes with each of their former slave drivers, looking quite feral and ready to deal the killing blow to each of them. Each one of them roared angrily, firing a massive stream of red flames which obliterated anything that was caught in the crossfire.

"I'm not one for pets who don't listen to their masters!" Adagio grew her wings in sync with her other Dazzlings, raised her sword for combat, and had her hair extended by her undying power. She looked at her former pet with such fury as she readied herself for a titanic struggle.

Each one of the Hippocampi roared once again, ready to pummel The Dazzlings into a pulp. Then, they each fired deadly streams of red energy, ready to annihilate The Dazzlings for the crimes they used them for.

Adagio, Aria and Sonata nimbly dodged the streams of fire, dashed towards their former pets and began repeatedly giving them left and right hooks. Every one of the attacks did something to the Hippocampi, as it knocked their heads around briefly. However, their beasts quickly regained control and viciously lunged towards each of them, ready to try and eat their heads completely. Adagio, Aria and Sonata pushed as hard as they could, desperately trying to prevent each of their Hippocampi from devouring their faces. Then, seeing an opening, The Dazzlings kicked their Hippocampi in the stomach, making them cough up bits of blood.

The beasts then took this battle to the sky, speeding towards the stormy red clouds with rather violent looks of vigour and gusto. They quickly saw that The Dazzlings were close by them, and flew straight into the cover of clouds. Seeing their prey had followed them, the Hippocampi prepared to continue their fight in the middle of a Dystopian thunderstorm.

The Hippocampi all roared once more, but this time, their roars created orbs of red energy that were hurled by their sonic shrieks. They watched as The Dazzlings desperately tried dodging the deluge of Dystopian Energy whilst also fighting the forces of the sonic scream.

Adagio, Aria and Sonata eventually disappeared from the monsters' sight, reappeared behind them and kicked them into a red lightning bolt, making them all howl in pain as the lightning coursed through their true bodies. When they saw their pets falling towards the ground, they flew after them, their anger never leaving their faces as the Dystopian winds roared through their ears.

The Hippocampi still put up a rather good fight, spawning more and more orbs of red energy every time they gnashed their teeth together. Eventually, they were putting out fifteen orbs with every gnash. Even with all this added firepower, they were still unprepared for what happened next.

Even with the beating they took, they still screamed once more, knocking The Dazzlings away with their fury. Then, seeing their targets were still alive, they began to charge at the three of them, their teeth open wide and ready to deal the killing blow.

"That's right... Come to mama..." Adagio grinned as she and the other Dazzlings flew backwards, to put some distance between them and the charging Hippocampi. Eventually, they saw their mark and flew right underneath their Hippocampi, driving their swords through their chests as their former pets rapidly flew straight over them.

"Cerezelgra Firenzre Mardrenel!" The Dazzlings spoke, summoning a Cerberus with their combined red streams.

The three-headed dog looked at the three wounded Hippocampi, then each of the heads drove their enormous teeth directly into the bodies of the lifeless Hippocampi. The teeth continued to gnash at the seahorses until there was absolutely nothing left of them. Then, raising their heads high, one final gnash completely decimated whatever remained of the Hippocampi's bodies. The Cerberus then let out a roar as it vanished, not returning like the Hippocampi had done.

"Guess it's true what they say after all..." Adagio spoke after the battle had finished. "It's not as fun when we're on the receiving end of it..."

Then, after Adagio had finished, The Dazzlings returned to the ground where the seal was positioned. They angrily threw their swords directly at the eye of the seal, tip first. The swords collided with the eye, causing it to crack and explode in a great burst of light, along with the rest of the seal. But that wasn't what bothered The Dazzlings now...

They then flew over to The Rainbooms, The Snapshots, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Starswirl, who were all lifeless after that massive attack.

"Girls? Girls?! Wake up! You have to wake up!" Sonata began violently shaking each one of The Rainbooms, desperately trying to wake each of them up, but to no avail. "Pinkie! I'm sorry about the ice cream thing last year!"

Eventually, The Dazzlings looked at all the lifeless bodies and immediately felt sorry for what had happened. Even Aria looked mortified and terrified with the sight that she was looking at.

"Oh... Rainbooms..." Sonata hung her head at last and began to shed tears. Her friends were dead, and were now at the hands of Greed, Persuasion and Malice.

"This is not happening..." Aria looked absolutely terrified as she gazed upon the cold, frightening image of death. She'd seen many things in her life, but seeing her only friends die was the scariest thing she'd ever seen in her life. "What have we done?!"

Adagio remained silent and looked up to the castle, thinking of everything that had happened up to this moment in time. The Blasters had carefully planned everything that had happened to her. She even believed that the death of The Rainbooms was part of their insidious plan for complete domination of the three worlds. Eventually, she thought of what now needed to be done, balled her hands into fists again, grew a serious expression and said, "They'll pay for this..." getting Aria and Sonata to look up at her...

Author's Note:

Night Mist: Oh no... Now De Dazzwings awe aww awone...

Sky Hooves: Wat's gonna happen now, bwodew?

Me: I'm stiww wowking on da west of da stowy, so dun get youw manes in knots...

Luna: Well, I hope you have a way to bring the girls back to life so that they can save Twilight...

Adagio: Luna, he's Shadowmane. He know's what he's doing...

Sonata: But right now, He needs a bath. (Picks me up) No resistance? No running?

Me: Nah. I'm otay wid bathtimes as wong as you'we dewe wid me...

Sonata: (Blushes) O...kay then. Let's get you in that tub, little one...