• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 684 Views, 5 Comments

Space-Time Requiem - Red_Eyed_Mynx



A being with control over reality comes across Equestria and learns it's fate.

  • ...
 5
 684

Third Verse

Chapter 7

Everyone in the room screamed (except Fluttershy, she passed out in terror) as Twilight and Pinkie suddenly came flying through a just as suddenly appearing rift in the wall that closed behind them. When the two stood up, Twilight and Pinkie looked around and saw their friends were all there in Twilight’s house, but they also noticed that a certain somepony was missing, “Where is he?” Twilight asked no specific pony but rather everyone in the room, “Where’s who, sugar cube?” asked a concerned Applejack who was placing her right arm on Twilight’s shoulder in a comforting manner, “Mynx. Where did you go?” Twilight asked herself questioning her own sanity, “Who’s this Mynx character Twi?” AJ inquired of Twilight, and Twilight now realizing Apple Jack was there snapped back to reality and answered her, “You see AJ, I really don’t know much about him myself, but what I do know is...” at that moment the front door flew open loudly as it hit the wall behind it and a black unicorn stallion came in with a concerned look on his face, “What’s going on in here? I just heard some really loud screaming.” he loudly asked with with a concerned tone.



After a few moments Twilight and Pinkie noticed a distinguishing feature on his face, a deep red scar over his left eye, “It’s Mynx!” they both thought to themselves, “What happened to ya lassies?” he asked, “And what’s wrong with the little missy there?” he continued while looking at the unconscious Fluttershy, “Excuse me sir...” Rarity began saying to the somewhat mare-built stallion, “Draighean.” he gave to her his name, “... Draighean, but who exactly are you?” she asked him, “I could never withstand the cries of a maiden in distress.” he answered holding her chin up with his right hand hoof which she quickly brushed away, “But if there’s no problem here I guess I’m not needed.” he finished while beginning to walk out the door, “Wait!” Twilight and Pinkie yelled simultaneously to him and immediately he turned around with a highly noticeable expression of happiness on his face, “Oh thank you at least one who takes heed of my mental conditioning!” he shouted skyward, “Yeah, glad to help.” said a somewhat skeptical Pinkie Pie, “Could we talk to you in private?” asked Twilight, “Oh what fair maidens be you two!” he was beginning to sound like a maniac and Rainbow Dash butted in, “Are you sure you want to talk to this loony alone?” and Spike agreed with that statement, “Yeah seriously, I mean look at him.” the strange stallion was on one hoof twirling around and around continuously and he didn’t seem to get dizzy, “Yeah he’s a weirdo alright, but I think Pinkie and I can handle him.” she replied while motioning to the grinning Pinkie, “Mister Draighean! Could you come with us please?” Twilight shouted to the stallion that seemed to be on the verge of hysterics, “Oh yes, anything for fine young maidens such as yourselves!” he yelled practically singing as he followed Twilight and Pinkie to the upstairs area and when they entered the the said household area Twilight conjured up a soundproof magical barrier that was also impossible to see through.



“Alright Draighean. Or a more accurate name would be Mynx!” Twilight shouted accusingly at the unfazed stallion who merely quit his obnoxious behavior and replied, “Oh I’m so sorry to say my fair mares that I’ve cut all connections to that unruly fellow.” he said waving his hoof in the air in front of his face to show he was metaphorically swatting the question aside, “And believe you me, I want nothing more to do with “being he be”.” he continued in a mocking tone of the character they were talking about, “Yeah cause you would flat out admit what you were planning if you were Mynx.” Twilight sarcastically admitted, “I don’t care much for sarcasm lassie.” he was beginning to sound rude, “And what are you supposed ta be miss? A walking cupcake?” he very rudely asked Pinkie, “You know what? If you two let me leave right now I’ll forget we ever had this conversation an’ I suggest you the saaa...” he slowly went speechless as his face turned to one of pure terror, and the mares before him shouted in surprise as they found themselves hoisted in the air, dangling by their tails, “Well well well Draighean! I believe do so now me that arrogance is the downfall many a mortal.” Mynx’s corruptors were the cause of Pinkie and Twilight’s dangling situation, “What’s the matter be you with?” he continued as black electricity began surging between the two corruptors, and within a few moments the electricity formed a ring and from within said ring a large, muscular arm emerged and grabbed the terrified black stallion and as it lifted him off the floor it tightened it’s grip just for the sake of causing him pain and the electric ring shot two sparks vertically on either side of it which both stopped in midair and each formed the shape of a sharp, glaring, black-colored eye, the left one of which shot out four beams of red electricity at a skewed angle to straight vertical and each pair of beams traveled a jagged path as they tapered towards themselves to make the form of a red scar over the left eye, “Draighean. I am very so disappointed by he who is you.” Mynx sounded infuriated at Draighean. The eyes looked towards the two mares he was holding and he explained what was going on as he tightened his grip on Draighean further, “Ahhhhhh Mistress Twilight and Miss Pinkamena, such good fortune that it was count of two in quantity you to corner this scum of detestable status...” the eyes refocused on Draighean as he made his grip even tighter, at this point his bones could be heard cracking from the extreme stress they were receiving, “You know that appreciative betrayal I don’t RIGHT!” Mynx furiously shouted at the black stallion as his grip became even tighter and Draighean could hardly breath the force was so great, “I apologize beforehand to you two for what perceive you may.” Mynx calmly said to the two ponies hanging next to his eyes, “You know him Mynx?” Pinkie asked him dumbfounded, “I of course do so.” Mynx clarified, “He be the piece of I gave life to and sent here for information retrieval!” Mynx tightened his grip on Draighean even further, but Mynx wanting to cause as much pain as possible to him, loosened one finger's grip to allow his continual respiration, “But instead designated task he instead began flirting around and goofing off. That willing to let go I was, but then he sent me a message saying he was no longer affiliated with me!” and one last time Mynx tightened his grip causing Draighean to shatter as his scream of agony filled the magic bubble, “Never exist again will you.” Mynx stoically stated as he loosened his grip entirely and dropped what looked like a fragment of a tooth on the floor.



Placing the two mares on the floor gently Mynx softly said, “Now if excuse will you me.” the corruptors receded into floor through the shadows of Pinkie and Twilight, but the ring still remained although it lacked the eyes now and the arm had withdrawn through it and it was leaking what looked like shadows onto the floor although Twilight and Pinkie didn’t acknowledge this because momentarily the tooth fragment began shaking on the floor as the leaked shadows were gathering on it, then it began expanding into the form of Draighean once again, “Ah that is much better!” the new Draighean declared, “Wait a minute. Didn’t Mynx just crush you?” a confused Pinkie demanded an answer, “Oh no I didn’t crush myself, I destroyed Draighean for deliberately turning against me. I’m just inhabiting his body for simplicity’s sake. Although the wavy grey mane and tail just don’t suit me.” Mynx stated while looking his body up and down, “So you’re Mynx, right?” Twilight asked wavering due to being wrong on her previous accusation, “Why of course. Who else would I be?” he answered assuringly, “So why did you choose now to show yourself?” inquired the pink one, “It was due to the presence of your friends.” he replied standing on his hind legs brushing himself off before he continued, “How about I get a proper introduction to them?” he asked whilst tapping on the magic bubble. Twilight understanding what Mynx meant, lowered the magic barrier.






Chapter 8

“Looks like Twi and Pinkie finished their little talk with king weirdo.” Spike announced to the others as the barrier dissolved, “Well finally!” Rainbow Dash impatiently exclaimed, “I wonder why their chat went for such a duration?” wondered Rarity, “Ah’m sure that it was nothin’ major.” Apple Jack assured her.



Twilight, Pinkie, and Draighean-Mynx were now coming down the stairs to give proper introductions, “Well it’s good to see that we were able to talk past this little misunderstanding.” D-Mynx said as he dismounted the final step, “Yeah, Good thing!” Pinkie excitedly agreed. Apple Jack approached Twilight and asked, “So just what did y’all say to him to make him well... not so him?” she was motioning to D-Mynx who was nudging at the still unconscious Fluttershy, “Well not much really.” Twilight admitted, “He just needed some space to calm down.” she finished putting slight emphasis on space, “If you say so.” AJ saw no need to continue pressing for an answer as long as Draighean didn’t begin acting all loopy again, “Yes I must say I’m quite impressed with the results you and Pinkie produced.” Rarity praised the two, “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!” a sudden and deafening scream pierced the air forcing everyone to practically jump out of their skins and cover their ears to block out the noise and when they all uncovered their ears Rarity found a terrified Fluttershy hiding behind her, “What’s wrong Fluttershy?” Rarity asked her with a worried look and tone, “H-h-h-h-h-h-him!” she answered shaking and pointing to D-Mynx, “H-h-h-his f-f-face was n-nothing sh-short o-o-o-of terrifying.” she continued while covering her eyes, “The t-teeth in his smile were sh-sharper than a dragon’s and his eyes p-pierced right into m-m-m-my v-v-very being and the sound of children s-s-screaming was the w-w-worst part.” she almost began crying, “Draighean! What did you do?!” Twilight furiously shouted at Mynx while Rarity and Apple Jack tried to comfort Fluttershy, “Don’t look at me like that ladies, all I tried to do was ask her how she was doing as she woke up. My educated opinion is that she probably had a nightmare.” he defended himself, “Then why is she so afraid of you specifically?” Rainbow Dash continued to press him, “Maybe because I was the thing she saw upon waking up.” he answered while giving Rainbow Dash a light swat to the nose and she shook her head in recovery and angrily shouted back, “Why I ought to...!” as she was about to charge and tackle Mynx, Twilight used her magic to take ahold of her tail, “Please Rainbow Dash, we don’t need to start a fight.” since she was dangling there by her tail she had no choice but to comply, but she figured that if she physically couldn’t do anything she might as do something to get back at him, so she turned her head towards Draighean with the intent of making a face at him but as her eyes met his she saw brief afterimage of a draconic face staring her down, this in turn caused her withdraw her decision and instead stare at him wide-eyed until Twilight dropped her on the ground after a few seconds.



“Now Fluttershy, are you sure that it was M- er, Draighean here that you saw?” Twilight asked the slightly less scared Fluttershy comfortingly and the yellow pegasus looking at her previously alleged cause of fright answered, “Now that I look at him, his face doesn’t look anything like what I thought I saw.” she began standing up as she admitted this, “As a matter of fact he’s pretty calming to look at.” she finished. Mynx approached Fluttershy who remained unflinching and surprisingly seemed to welcome the approach he was making and when he reached her (after gently pushing Rarity aside) he respectfully moved her mane from in front of her face and asked her, “What is your name Miss?” in response Fluttershy averted her gaze and blushed while meekly answering, “O-oh m-my name is F-fluttershy.” Mynx to this display gently brushed her cheek soothingly and asked, “Fluttershy huh? How befitting of one of your demeanor. Would you mind if I called you Gentle Heart?” her blush darkened, “O-oh you can call me whatever you want.” she replied, “I thank your kindness Gentle Heart.” he turned from her and approached Twilight, “Mistress Twilight, I need to talk to you, Miss Pinkamena...” he then motioned to Rainbow Dash, “...and Spectrum Burst outside.” Rainbow Dash overheard what he called her and already annoyed from being swatted in the nose earlier blurted out, “The name’s Rainbow Dash!” and Twilight gave her a glare that shouted “NO fighting!” and knowing what Twilight could do if she didn’t comply sighed and said, “Fine. But I don’t have to like it!” so with her arms crossed and face in a scowl she followed Twilight and co. out front. After they exited the house Mynx kicked the door shut, “So Draighean, what was so important that you had to drag us out here?” Rainbow Dash asked annoyed, “Oh nothing special, just THIS!” he shouted as he bucked the air behind him which shattered like glass revealing a large and transparent clock face which failed to tick at all and with it’s lack of activity time followed in it’s example, stopping to a complete halt, “So how about we get down to business?” he demanded as he melted into the ground. Rainbow Dash stared in awe while Twilight and Pinkie managed to keep straight faces for they had some idea of what was to come of this.