• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 492 Views, 5 Comments

Parallel - Dableaxcheaz



The CMC stumble upon a parallel universe; where a pleasent dream is reflected by reality, and reality is actually evil. It's up to Applejack to venture in and rescue the fillies, before they are consumed by an ominous being.

  • ...
0
 5
 492

Back at Home?

Applebloom woke up to a bright morning light, fearing what was coming to her. She opened her eyes that she was in her own bedroom, all tidied up from last night. She was already beginning to question herself,” I’m in my room?” she whispered turning to the wall behind her head. The filly remembered walking through it the night before, but she was now back in her bed? She didn’t remember her room being this clean last night.

Applebloom then tried to wrap her head around a strange dream that she had. In the dream, she was on paths of light and had a strange feeling that she was being watched. She could hear the apple clan call out for her, but she couldn’t see them. The voices were then replaced with a strange voice that was talking to her, telling her to find him. The voice was creepy to hear, but somehow it was also very calming for the filly.

Applebloom shook the thought off; after all, it was still just a dream to her. She climbed out of her bed, only to find that there was something else that was off, her friends were not there, not even their sleeping bags. “Have they already left?” Applebloom thought,” they didn’t even say goodbye.” It was very unlikely for them to do this.

She sadly sighed, and left her room to get some breakfast. She felt the breeze press against her back, and could feel her stomach rumbling as she went down the hall and down the stairs. She made to the foot of the staircase when she realized how dead silent the house was. She looked into the living room but saw nopony there, it was just a clean empty room with an open window. The howling breeze made the whole house colder then it needed to be.

This was strange for Applebloom. She went to the kitchen to see if anypony was there, but once again there wasn’t. There was nopony there making breakfast, but that didn’t mean that breakfast was missing. On the table was an open box of oat cereal, along with an empty bowl and a bottle of fresh milk. She expected one of the apples to have breakfast cooking. She wanted toast, eggs, muffins, anything but a bland breakfast cereal.

Applebloom couldn’t help it, but feel an eerie sensation being alone in her house. At the same time she felt that there was somepony else in the room, watching her every move. She tried to shake it off and think that it was all in her head, but she just couldn’t. She moved towards her seat and got into it. As much as she hated eating this, she poured the bland cereal into a bowl and poured the milk. She ate it as it was, she didn’t bother trying to add sugar to make it somewhat edible.

She started to think as the food fueled her brain. Maybe her family was working on the farm again, and they didn’t bother to wake her up?

She looked out the window, expecting to see her family working, but they weren’t there. It was just sweet apple acres being quiet as usual, with the fruit swaying side to side in the fall wind. Applebloom began to worry some more.”Applejack?” she called,” Big Mac? Granny Smith?” no replies came back, just the unsettling touch of lonliness on Applebloom’s shoulder, nothing else.

Before she could bite into her cereal and try to pretend that every thing was just normal, a familiar voice called out,” What’s the matter Applebloom?” Applebloom froze,” Is something wrong?” She looked around the room as if the voice was there, she had heard this voice before.

“Who’s there?” Applebloom spoke out.

The voice called again,” Just someone who wants to be your friend.” Applebloom felt creeped out, she had heard this voice before, but she didn’t know who’s voice it was.

“Who are you?” She called again,” what do you want from me?”

“It’s okay to be afraid little one, it’s okay.” It said in a calming voice,” I know exactly what would cheer you up.”

Applebloom then heard sour howl blow through the house, but the noise was coming from inside her head. Applebloom felt more uneasy as it became louder and louder. The noise got so loud and cold, Applebloom had to cover her ears and close her eyes just to get it to stop. It was no use.

“Leave me alone,” she cried out,” go away!” At the very instant she spoke those words, the wind quickly died out, leaving Applebloom shaken with fear. She had no idea what was going on, but she hoped to celestia that the voice was gone, and would never bother her again. She was so shaken, Applebloom couldn’t even think about the cereal.

There came a loud knock from the door. Applebloom turned to the knocking and froze in place. She had an uneasy feeling and didn’t want to open that door. She waited a couple seconds for the knocking to stop, but it didn’t. The knocking continued. Applejack had always told her to not open the door to strangers, but this time she had to turn that bit of advice down.

She got up out of her seat and slowly approached the door while the knocking kept on going. She put her hoof to the door knob, and the knocking finaly stopped. She slowly turned the knob on the door, and slowly opened it to a crack. She looked through the gap. Waiting for her on the welcome mat were two ponies that she had never met before, but they felt oddly familiar to her. They both turned their heads to the crack, and saw Applebloom on the inside. They grinned with tired eyes looking down at the filly.

The stallion had a bluish sort of grey mane and tail color, and had an even darker grey pelt standing tall over the filly. He looked like a family stallion who had a firm hoof on things, and would keep a family from going under. The mare on his right had pink curls similar to Ms. Cherillie, but had more of a washed out dark purple her pelt. She looked like the type of mare who could take second in command in a house hold but had most of the power, but that was just Applebloom. The adult was slightly leaning on the colt next to her. Were they a couple?

“Can I help you?” Applebloom asked nervously.

The colt smiled,” Applebloom?” he began to admire her.” My my how big you’ve gotten. Just like your sister.”

Applebloom felt a little bit unconfortable,” h-how do ya know my name?”

The stallion looked at her with a realization,” It has been a long time hasn’t it.” He turned to his wife,”she probably doesn’t remember.”

“Remember what?” Applebloom asked softly.

The wife chuckled rolling her eyes,” Applebloom, it’s us, your parents.”

Applebloom’s eyes widened at the mares claim. She slowly opened the door wider, and watched the adult’s smiles grow.”W-what did ya say?”

“It’s us Applebloom.” The stallion said, ”Your mother and father.”

Applebloom didn’t know if she wanted to be very happy, or scared that something was clearly off. As far as she knew, her parents died when she was just a baby. They both fell into a gorge when they saved a little filly from falling. The whole apple family was devasted that day, and it was a day that their living members, would never forget.

Applebloom wasn’t sure about the two. Just to be safe, she quickly turned to a painting that had the two ponies in front of the house. From the looks of it, they looked exactly like them. From the pelt, to the mane, and even the eye color, they were a match. They might look a bit different, but that picture hung on the wall long before Applebloom was born. Applebloom was convinced, but at the same time shocked.

The filly looked at the couple. The stallion raised a front leg, opening himself to a hug. Applebloom the two apple parents that gave birth to her, Applejack, and Big Macintosh fell into a gorge. The only thing they recovered was the stallions hat, but not the bodys. Applebloom started to feel a warmth, a warmth that only came after a reunion. Was it really her parents?

She slowly approached them. As she got closer to them, the more she felt like hugging, but something held her back. She rememberd the voice in her head that gave her a terrible fright, and the couple just arrived as soon as the voice left. But The two look awfully nice, and Applebloom didn’t feel that they would pose any sort of danger to her. She then walked up to him, and hugged her hooves around him.

The dad then looked down at the filly, and then to his wife who could see Applebloom feeling warm inside. The sensation was starting to bring a tear to the filly’s eye. She felt more convinced as the tears of joy began to come down her face. The stallion hugged her as the mom reached out a hoof and began to rub her daughter’s bow.

The dad thought it was a little bit rude to ask,” Hate to interrupt this heart to heart moment but, are we gonna just stand here? Or come on in and catch up where it’s warmer.”

The mother felt shivers go up her back,”Oh yes, it is a little bit chilly out here ain’t it?”

Applebloom pulled her head out of her dad’s chest, and nodded with an open smile. She stepped back inside, welcoming her long lost family members back to their home.

The father looked around,” It’s good to be back on the old farm.” He said.” I remember all the good times that we had with the family. Good times,” he murmured,”good times.”

Ms. Apple looked out the window, seeing the appletrees being as healthy as she remembered. “It’s good to see the old Appletrees again. Just seein’ all of that fresh fruit can garuntee a smile on this face.” She then realized that the rest of the family wasn’t there, it was only them three.” So where’s the rest of the appleclan at?”

“U-uh,” she fumbled a bit wondering about the same thing,” I’m not sure.”

“Are you the only one here?” Ms. Apple asked.

“I think so.” She answered with uncertainty. “I just woke up. I went down stairs to get myself some breakfast, but nopony was here. Just a box of bland breakfast cereal on the table.” Ms. Apple turned to the kitchen doorway, seeing said bowl of cereal next to a half bottle of milk.

“Well, where ever they are, I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to see us.” Mr. Apple said stepping into the living room. He sat himself down on the sofa feel his back pop back in. “Ahh, I never thought I’d feel this again.” He felt his back crackle.

“So darling,” begun Ms. Apple,” seems like everything’s still strong like the good old days. I notice that you’ve still got a bit of a blank flank like last time, how’s your cutie mark coming?”

Applebloom blushed a little,” heh, it’s comin’ ma, one of these days at least. I’ve got new friends to help me. We’re called the cutie mark crusaders.” Applebloom didn’t want to think about that right now, she had family to catch up with. “So how did you guys survive? What happened?”

“Before we get to that, I gotta cook somethin’ for you eat.” the mother said stepping into the kitchen,” doesn’t look like ya touched this bowl of cereal.” She picked it up, balancing it.” I’m gonna make ya somethin’.”

Applebloom felt her stomach rumbling just thinking about it. She nodded in agreement, ”Sure.”

The mare threw away the bowl of cereal and set it on the bottom of the sink. She then went to the fridge and opened it wide open. Looking through it, there was very little that the icebox had to offer. The only thing she could find inside, was a carton of fresh eggs,” Let’s see, we’ve got eggs. That seems to be the only thing in here. Do you want some eggs Applebloom?”

Applebloom nodded,” sure thing.”

Mr. Apple grinned,” I guess I can tell ya what happened while you’re eggs are cookin’. Where do I start.”

“At the river hon.” guided Ms. Apple grabbing a pan that was hanging.


“Oh yes,” he said finding the perfect spot.” So we were goin’ down the river, we thought that we were done for when we were fallin. That river tossed us around like rocks tumbling down a hill. We kept our heads high, but not until a splash knocked our lights out.”

“Then what happened?” Applebloom asked climbing up to the sofa,” how did ya survive?”

The dad raised a hoof,”When all hope was lost, a hiker found us as we tossed and turned like drowning rats. Cliff Hanger was that stallion’s name. He pulled us out of the water while we were unconscious. We owe our dear lives to him. And thank Celestia’s fate that he was there.”

Applebloom felt glad to hear how her parents escaped such a tragic death. But one thing was unaccounted for; if they were alive for all these years, then how come they didn’t come back until now? “Eggs are done!” called Ms.Apple from the kitchen. The got off the sofa and trotted over to the kitchen where the breakfast was waiting. “I didn’t know what kind ya wanted, so I just made scrambled eggs.”

“Sounds dumb de-li-cous.” Complemented the husband,” ya like scrambled eggs don’tcha Applebloom?”

Applebloom nodded getting up on the chair she was sitting on before. “Ya want some ketchup Applebloom?” Ms. Apple said pulling out the bottle. Applebloom looked over to her mother smiling. The mare opened it as she approached Applebloom’s plate of eggs. She began to drizzle the condiment over the eggs, drawing a smiley face with dimples included. Applebloom thought that the smiley face was a nice touch to the dish.

Applebloom took in the sight she had. There she was, eating a plate of scrambled eggs that her mother had just finished making for her. Her dad was there, watching his youngest daughter enjoy his wife’s dish. Applebloom’s eyes started to well up with tears, tears of joy. She wanted more of this grand feeling.

Mr.Apple noticed the liquid in her eyes,”what’s up Applebloom? Ya like the eggs?”

Applebloom began to quiver up a smile, and started to choke up in her speech,”It’s nothin’.” She sniffled,”I’m just full of joy right now.” Mr. Apple grinned, understanding what her daughter meant.

Applebloom had no clue what she was feeling, but it was tremendous. It was like an empty part, something she had always wanted was finally given to her. In fact, she was so overcome with the feeling, she had already forgotten about the voice that talked to her before her reunion with her parents. But that didn’t mean that it left the house.

Applebloom wiped the trickling tears out of her eyes, and began to eat up her eggs. She picked up her fork and began to eat up the eggs and ketchup very quickly. The taste of protein with the bold taste of tomato sauce and vinegar blew the cereal that she was eating clean out of the water. Ms. Apple’s cooking pleased Applebloom, and smiled as she watched Applebloom enjoyed her eggs, it was a good first impression if you ask me. The eggs were cooked light and fluffy, just the way she likes them.

“So Applebloom, now that we’ve told you our story, why don’t ya tell us about your life.”

Applebloom wrapped her head around her memories, but just couldn’t decide which one to pick. ” Well, gee, I don’t know.”

“There’s gotta be something sweetheart, anything. There’s plenty of strange things that happen in this town.”

Mr. Apple wrapped his hoof around the fillies neck,”Why don’t we sit down at the sofa sweetie.” He guided her to the living room while his wife took care of the kitchen. She began to clean up the stove and put away the ketchup and eggs.

“You sure got a mean appatite there.” Said Ms. Apple. “ Just like your big sister when she was just a tot.” She looked at her husband,” remember that one family reunion?”

“Aw, those were the days dear.” Said the stallion as he made himself cozy on the couch,” come on up Applebloom.”

Applebloom climbed up onto the sofa again, with her dad sitting next to her. Ms. Apple came in as well after drying off the dishes. Just when Applebloom slouched on her dads leg, Ms. Apple sat on the left of Applebloom, sandwiching her between the two. Applebloom felt so tiny having them tower over her and grining with content.


Ms. Apple looked into the fillies hair, seeing the red bow in her read mane. “Huh? So that’s where my ribbon went.” She chuckled,” It makes you look like your our little apple.”

Mr. Apple looked up at a family photo of the family, seeing that Applejack was wearing the hat that he once wore. “I guess they found my hat after all. Thought it was long gone down the river, never thought I’d ever see it again.” He looked down at Applebloom,” Even if we were dead, I’m glad that she would wear it for me, and never forget us. I say it suits her.”

Ms. Apple picked up Applebloom bringing her to her lap,” come here kiddo.” She bounced her up and down a little,” So, you ever think of what ya want to be. Ya know, for your cutie mark?”

Applebloom blushed,” well, I’ve been tryin’ and tryin’, but me and my friends are gonna find our marks someday ma. We’ll never give up the search.”

The stallion exaimined her daughter’s blank flank with a smile.“Well, I bet it’s gonna be an apple cutie mark. It does run in the family afterall.”

“Say, you did mention something about cutie mark crusaders.” Said Mr. Apple,” what’s that?”

“The Cutie Mark Crussaders, an organization dedicated to finding their special talent. Me and my friends founded it when we met.” She looked up at her mom,” we even got Bab’s to form a new branch in Manehatten.”

“Babs. That was the name of the new foal,” said momma shaking her head,” even when you recover from amnesia, you still got a few screws loose. But I’m glad to hear that she’s doin’ well. I heard that it’s tough livin’ in the big city.”

“Yeah, she used to be a bit of a bully when she came here for the first time. But we straightened things out, and now she’s standin’ up for her self. Wish I could see her some more though.”

Ms. Apple began to stroke her daughter’s mane like a dog.” You’ve grown up so much since you were just a baby. Why, I remember always going to your crib at night, and you looked like a little appledumplin just sleepin’ there.” She cooed,” It’s a mighty shame that we were gone from most of you’re life. If it wasn’t for that accident we would be even farther then we were before.”

“It’s alright mama,” Applebloom said,” You’re here, and that’s all that matters to me. I’m still young, so we can all catch up together. Me, Granny Smith, Big Mac, and Applejack. And just think, with you two back on the farm, everything will be much easier. We’ll always have each other, and we can get through anything.”

Mr.Apple grinned,” I think she’s got a good point there honey.”

Ms.Apple looked at her husband,” I’m most certain she does.”

Mr. Apple took his eyes off his wife and turned to the family gallery, looking at the picture again. He saw that the family had grown in the time of their absence.” Well, looks like Big Mac’s stronger than I last saw him, he looks like he’s a lady’s stallion if you ask me. Or even a teachers special somepony.”

Applebloom blushed remembering her blunder with the love potion on hearts and hooves day. “Yep, that’s big Macintosh. Stallion of a few words”

“And look at good old Granny Smith, still up and at em after all these years. I hope that she makes us a grand apple pie as a grand welcome.” He imagined the taste in his head,” Oh yes.”

“ I, actually helped make her some zap apple jam once.” Applebloom said.

“And then there’s good ol Applejack, what a fine piece of work she is. She’s the real push that’s keepin’ this old farm up and running.”

“She was always your favorite wasn’t she?” said Ms. Apple.

“Eeyup. I think she still holds that title.”

The stallion then realized,” Oh yeah.” He looked down at Applebloom,” we still need to hear about what you’ve done. Any misadventures?” Ms.Apple bumped him,” well, if you want to tell us now.”

Applebloom insisted,” Actually, I do.”

And so she began to talk about all of her adventures that she had with her friends. The parents were intrigued by what she had to say, and didn’t even expect their daughter to have so many adventures. The two could feel themselves bonding to their daughter more and more as she kept at the tales. The stories went on for so long, that the group lost track of time in the middle of it all.

“-and then, Applejack picked me up and ran away from the chimera. And we got the pies safely to their destination.” Applebloom finished the story, and didn’t want to tell any for now.

“Well I’ll be.” Mr. Apple murmured,” and you’re still here to tell the tale too. I think that you might be my new favorite, do you think so honey?”

Applebloom let out a yawn.” Aw, looks like some pony’s still a little bit sleepy.” Ms. Apple said, Stay up late?”

Applebloom nodded,” sleep over.” The mother picked her up and cradled her in her hooves. Applebloom felt like relaxing as she looked at her.

“Shh, just relax Applebloom,” she said,” we may have been gone for most of the time, but now we’ll always be here for ya.”

“You mean it?”

“Cross our hearts.” Said the father.

Appleblooms mind began to ease, as a soft deep voice that Applebloom was a fool to beleive,” Yes… this is exactly what you wanted Applebloom, the parents that you lost long ago. Now you have them for the rest of your life. There anything else in this world that you want?” Applebloom slightly shook her head no,” good… do you want to stay where you are? Do you want to be with your lost family till the end of time.” Applebloom calmly smiled with no care about where the voice came from,” very well my little pony, very well.”

If you hadn’t guessed yet, this was yet another dream created especially for the filly. What is this creature that is doing this to Applebloom? This dream was created to ease Appleblooms mind, but this one wasn’t necessarily going to be used to kill her. Why her and not the others? Why did she call her and not the other CMC members who were there? And most importantly, why does it want Applebloom so badly?

Applebloom began to dose off as Ms. Apple rocked her back and forth. She had no troubles, no worries, and no other thoughts but one. The desire to stay with her parents. The couple looked at each other and smiled again. They took in the quiet air, as silence fell into the very room. They wanted to get up from their seats, but looking at Applebloom, they too wanted to take a nice nap.

“Now…” the voice said menacingly,” just one more hour to go. And this filly will be mine, and that stuborn mule of a mare shall die in the dark.”

Author's Note:

If you have any feedback based on what you read so far, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.