• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 978 Views, 15 Comments

Jedi: Sins Of The Mother - Logic Flip



Should one be defined by their past or their future? Even if they don't know about it? Should the sins of the past shakle those of the future? Star Wars/MLP Crossover

  • ...
3
 15
 978

Prologue: Dark Horse

On a planet of little importance, a shield dissipated with the death of a pony of great importance. The shield, however did not fade away in obscurity, it shattered violently upon its weakening, letting forth a torrent of power into the Force not unlike water flowing free from a broken dam. The power was far too much and far too sudden and for one singular horrible moment the Force screamed as it was nearly ripped in half.


In the central circular chambers of the Jedi temple on Canterlot ten powerful masters sat in serious discussion. There were a great many things happening in the Republic and events and actions that were to be taken needed to be addressed. Though it was early in the day, it hardly mattered to those who could regulate their internal clocks with a simple breathing exercise. The Jedi needed to be active at a moment’s notice even if their padawans were just picking the sand out of their eyes at this hour.

Four of the seats were occupied by holographic projections of the absent members, distance not being a problem for the instant communication of the modern age.

The discussion however broke off suddenly as a sense of foreboding washed over the ten gathered Jedi and, as if they were of one unified mind, they closed their eyes and dove into the Force.

Then the Force shattered around them.

Of their number was a dark blue alicorn who had joined her comrades in mediation and, while she had been the only one who hadn’t screamed, she did indeed follow them into unconsciousness.


In hyperspace, on a tiny ship that was on it’s way to make a routine delivery to the outer-rim, a little filly and her big brother screamed their sister’s name over and over trying to wake her after she collapsed on her way from the cockpit.


Pain was nothing to new to a Sith. It was an old friend. An ally. A relaxant. A shield. At times even a focusing lens in the heat of battle.
Yet this pain had been so sudden, so…fierce, that a scream had nearly ripped itself from her lips.
It had come like a wave. Not anything that was overt or obvious at first like the calm before the storm.

It had been only moments before unrecognizable suspense around the force quickly turned into an inferno of agony that left the Sith a trembling mess on the floor. She felt almost as if she were thrown to the side of the storm as it brushed past her awareness. It did not feel evil, exactly, just focused in its intensity.

And that intensity burned.

For several moments tears streamed out of her eyes as the Force shivered in pain along with her. With what little concentration she could muster she reach up and pressed a small button on her throne activating several traps on the doors and walkways that led to her chamber before darkness overtook her. As she passed out she found herself glad that she was in her meditative chamber, isolated from the rest of her ship. The last thing she needed was for anyone else to bear witness to this moment of vulnerability, her apprentices especially.


Back on that little planet of no consequence was a small unicorn filly and her step-sister, who stood crying over the body of the mare that had raised them. The mare passed away in her bed in the middle of the night. The only friend of the family stood nearby keeping a silent vigil over the mare's two daughters as a final promise that he made with said mare, eyes watering at the unfairness of the situation but stoic nonetheless. Only all of them were unaware of the effect her death had on neither the galaxy nor the trials that would soon test the one child who wanted nothing to do with it.

Author's Note:

Aaaaand here we go.
Just so you know, I put links in the story to music that I listen to while I write.
Here are the two that inspired this short chapter.
Dark Horse by The Shanghai Restoration Project
Vigil - Mass Effect Soundtrack