• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 5,066 Views, 18 Comments

Mother Celestia - KimbaTheWhiteLion66



Have you ever thought of what it'd be like to be a princess and suddenly take in a child?

  • ...
4
 18
 5,066

The Life of a Princess

Mother Celestia
A fanfic by KimbaTheWhiteLion66
Chapter 1:The Life of a Princess.

It was an average day for the princess of the sun:Wake up, raise the sun, eat breakfast, do her morning exercises and most boringly, paperwork. It was daily routine, whether it had to do with economic affairs or something as simple as planting a mailbox, it went to her. It wasn’t necessarily exciting, having to go through each letter twice, making sure she read all the fine print before she missed something, because if she didn’t, she’d have people complaining that it wasn’t what they wanted and you know what that means? More paperwork.

“Oh boy, I wonder what this one’s for.” The princess said as she picked up a packet of paperwork with her magic, then reading the title which was always written in huge letters. “Judicial affairs, my favorite.” She said with a heavy tone of sarcasm. Equestria was a rather peaceful country, but even the most peaceful of places still have their problems. Even though she rarely got something having to do with crime, which it was usually something as small as littering, it was still very, very boring. Every fine detail had to be examined and evaluated properly, considering someone’s life could be on the line, though that rarely was the case.

“I really don’t feel like doing this right now.” She said, tossing the paper back into the stack, her head then meeting her table. “I just want a break from it all.” A soft knock was then heard on her door. She lifted her head up, wondering who it could be. “Who is it?” She said with little energy.

“Dear sister, it is I, Luna.” said a voice with a hint of old-Equestrian accent. It was her sister, Princess Luna, who ruled over the night. She had been imprisoned on the moon for 1000 years, so she was still adjusting to the new customs. Even if she was gone for a rather long time she was very knowledgeable on paperwork and surprisingly enjoyed it.

Celestia couldn’t fathom how anyone could enjoy reading and writing for 1-3 hours, reading paragraph after paragraph and paying attention to every single detail. “Oh, sis! You’re just the person I wanted to see!” She said, rather thrilled. She wanted to dump all her morning work onto her sister again, considering her sister’s strange pleasure of reading and writing, it wouldn’t be hard to convince her to accept it all. She couldn’t do it all the time however, her sister had work too, mostly at night, when her sister would be sleeping.

“Let me guess, you want me to do your paperwork before I head off to the realm of dreams again, right?” She said, expecting this response by now.

Celestia giggled like a little filly, happy that she knew. “Why, yes. I honestly would like to get out and get some fresh air. Perhaps fly around too. I wasn’t born with wings just to look pretty, and besides, I could use the extra exercise” She said as she got up and walked towards her door, pushing it open for her younger sister.

“That’s fine then. However, when I’m done I’m going to bed.” She said, firm about this. The elder sister smiled and hugged the younger one.

“That’s fine, you need your rest for the night.” She said as she let go and started walking towards her balcony.

“Alright my sibling, I shall see you before bed.” Luna said as she walked towards the table and picked up the paper over in the pile.

“Alright! Have fun!” Celestia said, then jumping off her balcony and taking flight.

The night princess saw what was on the paper and perked up. “Judicial work! My favorite!”