• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,229 Views, 7 Comments

Shadow of Evil - MoonShine

  • ...
 7
 1,229

We fight to survive

Chapter 12: We fight to live

Last chapter: They quickly scan the room to see many dead ponies on the floor with blood splattered all up the walls and floor, one guard sees the princess on the bed with the knife in her head, he slowly walks up to her and goes to pull out the knife but can’t from the sadness of losing her, “How can they do this?” he asks the others who all look at the dead princess with sorrow, the mech keeping guard.

Kieron listens in then walks off down the corridor with Rylie right behind him, he puts a hoof to his helmet and speaks, “Grand Master, one princess down, one more to go, then we reign supreme.”

Kieron lowers his hand from his helmet, looks back at Rylie and knods, “Celestia won’t be as easy, I also can’t guarantee that we will get out alive, not that I want you or me dead. So let’s finish this once and for all.” He says before looking ahead and sneaking back to the main hall with Rylie alongside him, as they get close to the hall Kieron quickly turns to face the direction of a noise that comes from over the far end of the castle, he stops and listens to hear another sound, this time one like a gunshot. He turns to face Rylie who is shaking his head with a hand against his face.

He lowers his hand only to claim, “I know who that will be, what’s she doing now? She’ll ruin the plan.” Kieron shakes his head as he walks off over to the hall while still in cloak, Rylie stands and watches to hear no more shooting, then runs over to Kieron to catch up, Kieron stops him at the corner of the corridor as he sees Twilight running in through the main doors.

He can hear a muffled voice which then is easily heard when the doors opens up, “.....ight, what are you doing? We shouldn’t be runnin’ into the castle when the ‘larms are blarin’!” Applejack shouts to her while in pursuit. He pushes Rylie back up against the wall as Twilight runs right for them but then past and down the corridor, Applejack not far behind with Rainbow flying alongside, Fluttershy then alongside Rarity who are running along but Rarity stops right in front of Kieron and Rylie as she can small something horrible thanks to her acute sense of smell being such an obsessive clean freak that she is.

Pinkie hops on past her as Fluttershy stops along the corridor and looks back to see her stood looking at the wall and slowly getting closer to it with her nose pointing up to smell the air, Kieron slowly reaches forward, trying to get as close to her as possible, as he is literally just in front of her head Fluttershy calls out to Rarity to ask her what she is doing, she quickly turns to face her, “Umm..Nothing darling, I just thought I could smell something, never mind we need to catch up with the others.” She says before taking a few steps towards the Fluttershy, looks back at the patch of wall then runs down the corridor with Fluttershy and Pinkie.

Kieron watches as they go off, Rylie looking at him, he then pushes as his armour to get him moving, Kieron looks at him then forward and continues walking into the main hall while some royal guards are rushing about with a couple of guard mechs, they both slip past them and up the stairs but Kieron doesn’t see a guard mech run straight into him as he turns to run up the stairs, it knocks him back and then stops to look at what it just hit, Rylie quickly dashes back to hide behind the stairs, the mech walks over to Kieron who’s cloak has been forced off due to being hit.

It stands over him as he struggles to get to his feet and scans him, after a quick scan it raises its arms ready to fire on him, but is stopped as Moonshine flies into it causing it to stumble and fall, “Quickly, upstairs you too, I’ll hold them off.” She says as she helps him up and they both rush up the stairs as she turns to face the royal guards in the hall and fend them off as they run off.

They quickly reach Luna’s room, as Rylie passes the door he gets a glimpse of a white pony sat on the bed crying, he stops and puts a hand on Kieron’s chest to stop him, “Look, there she is, are you taking this one or am I?” he asks, Kieron looks at him and then walks to the side of the door with rifle in hand and guards then knods to the door for him to go in, he pulls out his rifle and aims at the room before kicking the door down and charging into the room, Celestia immediately jumping off the bed and using her magic to push him up onto the wall behind and rip off the helmet, gun thrown across the room, and put the door back up and lock it so Kieron can’t get it.

Kieron bangs on the door a couple of times but stops as a few royal guards run down the corridor, Rylie pinned against the wall with the princess slowly walking up to him, “So you have come to kill me have you, finally get rid of me?” she asks, Rylie having both of his hand against his neck as she is choking him but after hearing her ask that he smiles and begins to laugh, “Silence, what is so funny?” she asks him again.

“Yes, we have come to kill you but little do you know.” He replies, she looks at him confused, “Who was in the hospital princess, who was in there and now dead?” he asks her with a choking tone in his voice, her eyes open wide and she drops him, he gets up and tilts his head, “That’s right, your sister is gone.” He comments as he looks at the distressed princess in front of her, a bang at the door gets his attention as it wasn’t the type of bang like Kieron made before.

Another bang and then the doors fly open with Kieron launched across the room with a guard mech swinging for him, his rifle in hand and firing a few rounds at it, Celestia jumps out of the way and Rylie dives for the mech to grab at its head and swing round onto its back then punch a few times it its visor to crack it then pull at the wiring inside. Kieron sliding underneath it and grabs a bunch of wires and pulls to rip them out, the mech falls to its knees then down into its front with Rylie on its back waiting to see if it gets back up, Kieron rolls over and takes aim of ‘Tia who quickly looks at him and uses her magic to teleport out of the room and into the hospital which is now heavily guarded to protect the body of the dead princess.

Kieron lowers his weapon and slams it down on the floor, “DAMN IT! She got away, time we got out...” he says before putting a hand to his helmet, “Moonshine we need to go, meet us at the extraction point.....Thomas, we failed, Celestia proved too difficult, we’re heading back.” He says before running out the room with Rylie right behind him.

They reach the corridor leading to the hospital and run down it towards the guards at the end but make a quick turn to head down the stairs to the dungeon and out the exit that they created when they were rescuing Kieron, Moonshine already at the exit waiting, all of them run off to the border of Canterlot, the dropship currently just outside waiting for them while cloaked.

<Fenrir>

Thomas is sat in the chair of the bridge, “Mathis how is the sweep of the Fade going?” he asks, a hologram of Mathis appears next to him.

“The sweep is going well, Sir. We have got all Fade gone around the city of Chronus and Manhattan is currently being sorted out, the ships are launching Element X missiles now.” He replies only to switch the main screen to an image of the city with some SEA ships hovering not far from it.

“Caution, the Element cannon has been activated, it will overload, I can’t shut it down, and someone is using a manual override!” He shouts outs, Thomas looks at him then orders to see who it is, the screen changes and he can see Claire up against the console with Bloodshade getting closer to her, he gets out of the chair and goes to leave but Mathis stops him, “We must leave, we can’t do anything, the ship will blow up, let’s go...now” he orders while he pulls on Thomas’ arm to lead him off the ship.

Thomas is lead to an emergency drop-pod that will get him off the ship but the weapon suddenly overcharges and starts to blow the ship up, the hologram disappears as the explosions blow up Mathis’ core on the ship, the electronics all go off and Thomas panics trying to get the drop-pod to launch but nothing as the fires draw closer.

Soon the fires reach him and he closes his eyes accepting the fact that death has caught up with him and this is his time to die. The flames completely engulf him and burn him instantly, the whole ship quickly turns into one big flame and then explodes in a huge fireball.

The Fenrir lights up the sky with a huge flame, which never goes away due to the infinite supply of fuel from the generators, all the ponies in Equestria look up to see the flame, Kieron, Rylie and Moonshine also look up and stop knowing that their leader is now dead, “Shit, I guess SEA won’t rise after all.” He says to himself.