• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 2,705 Views, 93 Comments

Pure Imagination - SYNTH4



Apple Bloom wins the chance to tour Pinkie Pie's amazing Chocolate Factory.

  • ...
3
 93
 2,705

Ticket #1

Chapter 3

There are many magical places in Equestria, both literately and figuratively. There’s the rainbow falls, Neighagra Falls, Cloudsdale, and much more. Each one of them fills the viewer with awe and calmness.

But they all fall when it comes to the Crystal Empire.

As the name suggests, the whole empire is made of crystal. From the shops to the homes, and even the streets. Not only that, but the ponies there shine like a fresh crystal to.

And sitting in the middle of the empire is a glorious crystal castle. In it lives the Prince and Princess. They watch over and protect the empire, making sure no evil harms the ponies.

This was one place ponies from all over Equestria come to see.

But now, most ponies weren’t paying attention to the buildings and the castle. Instead, most ponies were gathered on a single street. They crowed around a small shop halfway down, with conversations going on all over the place.

“It’s really in there?”

“Can’t believe ones been found already!”

“Think we could get in and see it?”

And inside the shop, things were just as crazy.

Ponies with cameras and notepads were shouting things out so fast it was hard to comprehend.

“Truffle, over here please!”

“Smile for the camera, it loves ya!”

“Mind answering a few questions?”

“Let’s see that gold!”

The ponies were all shouting at a small foal that was standing up near the shop register.

The foal’s coat was gray, with a dark brown mane and tale. His cutie mark was a knife and a fork. And…he looked a little chubby.

Next to him stood an older mare, most likely his mom. She had a light grey coat, a short cut black mane, and a spoon as a cutie mark. Like her son, she looked chubby.

But the foal was also holding something in his hoof. Laid out where everyone could see it was a rectangular sheet of golden paper. But, inscribed on the front were the words: GOLDEN TICKET.

“Truffle Shuffle, would you mind telling us how you found the first Golden Ticket” asked a pony, using magic to write things down on a notepad.

The foal, Truffle Shuffle, smiled. “Of course I will. So I was eating my eight Pinkie Bar of the day as usual. Normally I eat it, and an hour later I get a new bar. But this time, something was off. I tasted something that wasn’t chocolate. Or coconut . . . or walnut, or peanut butter . . . or nougat. Or butter brittle, or caramel, or sprinkles. I spit out what I tasted, and it looked like gold. So I looked down at the bar, and found the Golden Ticket right there.”

“Amazing story Truffle. So how are you celebrating this marvelous achievement” asked another reporter, this one with a camera?

“That’s easy; I eat more candy” said Truffle. Then, from out of nowhere, he pulled out a Pinkie Bar. Ripping off the paper, he took a big chunk out of it and began to chow down.

“Any comments on your son’s achievement Mrs. Shuffle” asked a pony in the back.

“Well I just knew that Truffle would find the Golden Ticket. He eats so many Pinkie Bars a day that it was not possible for him not to find one” said Mrs. Shuffle.

“Are you excited to be going to the factory Truffle” asked a reporter in the front.

Truffle finished the Pinkie Bar he had been eating. “Of course I am. I love Pinkie Bars, and now I get to go to the factory. This would have to be the best moment of my life. And I have to give Pinkie credit for this contest. She’s going to be earning a lot of money thanks to all those ponies buying bars” he said.

“Come on Truffle, show off that ticket more” screamed another pony with a camera.

So Truffle held the ticket up high, and all ponies with cameras started taking pictures.

*************************

Meanwhile, back at the Apple Farm, Granny Smith and Apple Bloom were listening to the broadcast live on the radio.

“The first Golden Ticket has been claimed, and there are now only four more left” said the announcer.

“What did I tell you? I knew he would be a porker” said Granny.

“Come on Granny, don’t say things like that” said Apple Bloom.

Applejack walked in from the other room and over to the two.

“Any big news” she asked sitting down.

“They found the first Golden Ticket up in the Crystal Empire” said Apple Bloom.

Applejack snorted “As if that place didn’t need any more publicity” she said.

“And things have just gone up in excitement around her folks. For you see Princess Cadence has just arrived. I’m not kidding, she’s actually here. We’re be right back to see if we can get a comment” said the announcer.

The Apples were surprised by this recent news.

“The Princess is there to” asked Apple Bloom.

“Makes sense if you think about it. This is a big thing for the empire, so the Princess most likely wants to see it” said Applejack.

“Alright ponies, it’s actually happening. We’re about to get a word from the Princess on all of this” said the announcer.

The Apples listened, leaning forward so they could hear better.

“Hello Princess, thank for so much for giving us a moment of your time” said the reporter.

“It’s no trouble at all, I don’t mind answering a few questions” said Cadence.

“Now Princess, what is your word on the finding of the first Golden Ticket by Truffle Shuffle” asked the reporter.

“I think I speak for everypony here when I say who happy I am that the first Golden Ticket was found here in the Crystal Empire. I am also very proud of Truffle Shuffle for his achievement. It is always a pleasure to see a young filly or colt accomplish something great” said Cadence.

“That’s a beautiful thing to say Princess. Now may I ask a different question? Are YOU hunting for a Golden Ticket as well” asked the reporter.

The princess chuckled “No, I’m afraid I’m not. And if I had been, I would have stopped after today. I wouldn’t want to take the spotlight away from Truffle. I want him to remain the Golden Ticket finder of the Crystal Empire” she said.

“Once again, that is beautiful Princess” said the reporter.

“Thank you. Now I hate to cut this short, but I’d like to go in and congratulate Truffle” said Cadence.

“Of course Princess. Thank you for your time” said the reporter.

Applejack got up and turned the radio off.

“Well one’s been found. Now the question is who’ll find the others” she said. Then she turned around and walked back towards the kitchen.

“Whoever it is, they’re going to have to speed up their search to find them before everypony else does” said Apple Bloom.

“Yep. Now that they found one, things will really get crazy” said Granny.

Author's Note:

I'm being honest: I'm not that happy with this chapter. I feel like it could have been a lot better. Maybe I'm overthinking it, maybe I'm not.
Let me know in a comment below.