• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 402 Views, 0 Comments

Guardian Angel - BloodSweatAndTea



She's always been his angel. His guardian angel. Nothing has ever gone too badly wrong with her in his presence before. So this can't go to badly wrong, right? RIGHT?!

  • ...
 0
 402

The Day In Which A Proposal Is Proposed

I wake up to yet another warm morning. Snowflake's still asleep, her cheeks flushed slightly pink from sleep, and a little of her mane falling over her shut eyes. She's beautiful, even when she's sleeping.

Her eyes flutter open, the morning sun making them shine. I've always loved her eyes. They're so expressive. They speak when words can't.

"Mornin', Beautiful." I say. I didn't have to think about calling her beautiful, but I guess that doesn't matter. The truth can't be avoided.

She blushes a little and says,

"Morning, Giggle."

I gently kiss her cheek, and then nuzzle my head into her neck, knowing it'll make her giggle. Knowing I can make her happy makes me happy.

I wish our embrace lasted longer, but her giggling stopped and she slowly got up. But her gentle sleepy grin was still on her tired face. She looked at me and asked,

“So what would you like for breakfast my little giggle?”

My eyes widened and I quickly shot up from my half slumber state.

“How about I just make you breakfast yeah?”

“Oh please, I thought I would have to cook for a second there!” She exclaimed with a tired grin.

“So, since I’m making my angel breakfast, what would you like?” She thought for a moment, putting a hoof on her chin while making a thinking face.

“Surprise me.” That’s all I needed to hear.

I went downstairs to the kitchen. I was always a good cook, ever since my mom showed me how to cook my first meal I was always interested in cooking and the culinary arts. It always made me laugh that telling jokes and being a comedian was how I got my cutie mark, I always thought that I would get a cooking cutie mark.

I searched through the cupboards and found everything I needed to make a breakfast fit for the princess herself.

After a small while, I finally finished my cooking spree. I admit, I may have gone overboard but that’s for Snowflake to decide. I went upstairs with a tray with the large meal loaded on top.

I entered the room to see her peacefully sleeping. I was confused by this, I couldn’t have been cooking for that long. Anyhow I woke her up, her eyes gently fluttered open and a small grin grew on her muzzle. I placed the tray in front of her and presented what I created.

“For breakfast madam, a meal of pancakes, scrambled eggs, a french danish, a cup of diced watermelon, pineapple and grapes, and a glass of manehatten styled coffee.” Her eyes widened at the amount of food I presented

“You honestly expect me to eat all this by myself?” She asked still sounding surprised.

“I uh, may have gone a little overboard. Well, we can share right?”

“Of course, it is your cooking after all.” She replies sounding more pleased with me saying I would help her out on some of the food.

I got in the bed with her and began eating the breakfast and I don’t want to brag but, I make a hell of a good breakfast meal. After a little while of eating and talking, I had realized that I needed to go to work that day.

I went to the bathroom to, what my dad used to call ‘Shit, Shower, and Shave.’ Which is one of the main things that remind me of that bastard.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I finally began to leave the house. I stopped to give Snow a quick kiss before I left. I went to the door and left for my day.

~*~

I'm working, when suddenly, my co-worker, Sandy Shores, says to me,

"Say, how long have you and your missus been together?"

"Three years." I reply, "Why?"

He lets out a low whistle.

"You're a damn lucky sod to still have her."

"What do you mean?" I say, suddenly panicked.

"What I mean is," He says, "you better pull out a ring, sharpish."

"What?" I really am confused now. I'd pondered over marriage, but didn't consider it essential for maintaining a romantic relationship between us.

"They get paranoid, most mares. Think you're a commitment-phobe, or that you don't care about them. So, if you care about her, I'd ask her, and soon."

Well, at least I'm not confused anymore.

Snow can't be unhappy, though, can she? I mean, she has a bit of a cry every now and then, but so does everyone. But if she is... is it my fault? The thought pains me. When you have someone like Snowflake, all you want to do is insure their happiness. My thoughts suddenly turn to about a week ago.

I'm just drifting off to sleep. It's heaven, like usual. Snowflake is cuddled close to me, softly and gently nuzzling her head into my shoulder in all her adorable, sleepy bliss. I'm suddenly broken out of my sleepy state by Snowflake looking up at me, the fear in her eyes detectable, even in the dark.

"Giggle... do- do you love me?" She asks, her voice quivering a little.

"Of course I do, Snow." I say, running a hoof over her mane, "Sweetheart, everything I do is about making you happy."

"And... there isn't... someone else, is there?" She asks. She might as well have stabbed a knife into my heart.

"What?! Snow... Snow, no... no, not ever, Snow... Not ever, for anyone..." I say, not able to comprehend full sentences yet, "Snow, I couldn't do that to you... You're my angel... you're irreplaceable, Snow. There's no one like you to take you're place... Please, don't think that you're not the one pony that can I love, because you are, Snow..."

I wrap my forelegs around her, bringing her closer to me, until she slots into place perfectly.

"I love you, Snow..."

~*~

Could she really be worried for us? It wasn't at all like Snow to worry, she was generally very laid back, but when she did worry, it was always for a good reason. I'd obviously hurt her at some point, and I needed to make it up to her. I can't lose her.

~*~

I open the door to the house and step inside. As usual, it's cold outside, so the sudden rush of heat from the house is very welcome. I walk into the living room. I flop onto the sofa next to her, and she wraps her forelegs around me. I kiss her cheek.

"Snow... I haven't done anything to hurt you, have I?"

She looks shocked.

"What?! No!"

"Thank the gods..." I mutter to myself, "I was scared I'd done something after last week."

"No, that was just something that happened to Mel. Her coltfriend was cheating on her... it just scared me a little. He was a douche, though."

"Oh, and that makes it okay?" I joke.

"Shut up, you." She says back, but in a friendly way.

"I love you, Snow." I say, burying my head in her neck.

"Right back at you, Giggle."

Author's Note:

Well, welcome to another collab between me and GodOfBBQ. He's a fantastic author, go and give him a follow if you liked the chapter! If you already did, then well done!