• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 960 Views, 18 Comments

Grey Feathers - TecSavvy



A simple ship fic involving Rumble and Scootaloo. All characters are aged up! Scootaloo and Rumble are beginning to develop seriously pre-teen feelings for each other. This is the story behind those feelings.

  • ...
5
 18
 960

Suppresing

The night was a perfect time in Ponyville to have a good time. You could do pretty much anything because there were clubs, house parties, and the theaters. Oh the theaters. Even with all the wild parties and fun to be had, everypony knew the theaters were the most fun. Especially since most teenagers didn’t pay to get in. it kind of hard to regulate security in a world that has pegasi and unicorns. Rumble and Scootaloo didn’t exactly have any plans.

“So…now what?”Asked Scootaloo as the two flew though the cool night sky.

“Well, I don’t really know. Honestly I didn’t think you would want to hang with me tonight.”Said Rumble.

“Seriously? We are like best friends. Why wouldn’t I?”

“Well ever since we got older, you seemed to get more and more popular while just kinda faded into the background.”

“I don’t care about any of that popularity stuff. I would never abandon my friends. Especially old friends like you Rumble.”Rumble found it getting progressively harder to fly while Scootaloo spoke due to a certain stiffness in his wings. Scootaloo began to notice the strain on Rumble’s face.

“Are you OK over there?”

“Yeah W…Why wouldn’t I be? Hey why don’t we land over there in the park next to the movies? I’m beginning to feel a bit tired.”

“Alright.”Scootaloo dove at the ground leaving Rumble behind. At this point that was probably the best. It took rumble a while to reach the ground and keep his distance long enough for his wings to go flat. When they finally lay flush against his back, he walked over to Scoots who was sitting at a nearby park bench.

“What was the hold up? You crash or something?”Said Scootaloo.

“I almost did. I must have been more tired than I thought. While are down here, want to catch a movie?”

“Sure. What did you have in mind?”

“Nothing really. Just see what is playing a watch it. I got a few extra bits on me for food and snacks.”

“Forget all of that. How about we just sneak in?”Rumble was a bit shocked by Scootaloo’s suggestion. Rumble hadn’t even stolen Wi-Fi before.

“Sneak in? Like not pay and sneak in? I never even knew I knew someone who knew how to get into a movie like that.”Scootaloo was a bit surprised at Rumble’s reaction.

“Well yeah. Isn’t your brother Thunderlane?”

“Yeah but I don’t do any of the stuff he does”

“Wow I guess I’m gonna corrupt a goodie-toshoes tonight. I guess I am pretty cool.”

“And beautiful.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”Rumble was really wishes Scootaloo hadn’t heard him say that.

“So how do we sneak in?”Asked Rumble.

“We just fly to the roof. That’s it.”

“It’s that simple?”

“Well there is this guard that is up there, but by now that unicorn is probably sleeping on the job.”

“Well what are we waiting for?”Rumble grabbed Scootaloo’s hoof and pulled her in to the air with him. His sudden movement caused Scoots to blush. He she didn’t know what it was about somepony who takes charge that had her so...intrigued.

“R...Rumble, slow down. We need to sneak in, remember?”

“Sorry just got a bit excited there.”

“Wow. You really are perfect aren’t you?”

“Not as perfect as you.” There was no avoiding it this time. Scootaloo heard him loud and clear and hovered. Rumble thought about backing out of what he just said but he couldn’t suppress those feelings anymore.

“Do...Do you really think I'm p...perfect?”Scootaloo couldn't help but blush

“Y...Yeah. I always have. We have been friends for a very long time and i just enjoy the very thought of you. Scootaloo...I...l love you.” Those words had been trapped in his mouth since the night began, but in one moment they were set free into the world.

“I hope you don't think I'm some kind o…”Rumble couldn't finish his sentence.She stopped him cold in his tracks with an embracing kiss.

“You have no idea how long I've been waiting to here you say that. I love you too, Rumble” The two found themselves locked together once more. They were both pretty inexperienced when it came to kissing but they found there own groove the longer the kiss went on. Scootaloo, at one point, found Rumble’s tongue wrestling with hers, which just made to experience all the more amazing. They had no idea how long that went on, but neither of them cared at the moment. When they finally came up for air, the only thing connecting them was a dissipating strand of saliva.

“Wow!” The only words Scoots could think of at the time.

“Yeah, likewise.”

“Has anypony told you that your a good kisser?”Rumble blushed.

“Well that was kinda my first kiss.”

“Mine too.”

“What are the odds? So, still want to catch that movie?”Rumble asked.

“I would love that.”The twosome then flew off in the direction of the theater holding hooves. Once they reached the roof, they had to let go of each other which caused a very unpleasant feeling. On the roof there was nothing but one unicorn guard sleeping soundly in a lawn chair with his back to the couple and an access door to the movie theater. The access door is surprisingly locked this time.

”Buck us." Scootaloo silently screamed.

“ What's wrong. Oh goddesses please tell me that that lock is not actually locked.”

“OK, i wont tell you.”

“is it usually locked like this?”

“No. The one time that pony ever did his job.”

“Well then how are we going to get in?”Rumble was less exited and becoming more and more worried by the minute.

“We are just going to have to get the keys over there.”

“Are you serious? This is sounding more and more like breaking and entering than just sneaking in. Who’s gonna have to do it anyway?” The was a moment of silence as Scootaloo just eyed Rumble.

“No no no. Not me. Not on your life.”Rumble started pleading but then Scoots gave him a certain look; a seductive look. One that could make a grown stallion lose it. Rumbles will was withering away the more he looked at the tangerine colored mare. He tried looking away but she would just move in front of him. She was constant with this beautiful little onslaught for 30 seconds before Rumble eventually couldn't take it anymore.

“Fine I’ll go. Just stop looking at be like that. It’s to much.”

“What look are you talking about?”Scoots said sarcastically.Rumble didn't know it, but his face was lit up redder than Celestia's sun. The keys that caused the embarrassment were only a few feet away from the two, but a few inches from the snoozing guard. Getting the keys would be easy enough, but the thought of getting caught terrified the gray colt. What was worse was he would have to risk if he didn't want to be persuaded again by that feminine charm Scootaloo possessed. Rumble slowly and sneakily moved closer to the guard. Rumble soon realized he would make less noise if he was crawling instead, so he got to crawling. As Rumble was creeping closer and closer to the guard, Scootaloo found her self staring at Rumbles plot. Not intentionally but she couldn't unfix her gaze to that plot. She also saw that Rumble would do anything for her, even if she had to persuade him a bit. Rumble was now close enough to the guard to here him snoring. He begun to reach for the keys and made sure to grab the ring by the keys so they wouldn't jingle. As he was pulling back, he noticed the guard shift a bit in his sleep and stopped dead in his tracks. After about 5 seconds of stillness, he begun to crawl back to Scootaloo not once turning his back to the guard. Scootaloo was still ogling Rumble when he finally stood up and turned around.

“I hope you don't trick me into doing things like this often. Are you OK? Your a bit red in the face.” Scootaloo was so focused on Rumble before that she didn't notice the blush that had formed on her cheeks.

“Yeah. Just fine. Why wouldn't i be? I’m always fine.”Scoots didn't even notice how nervous she sounded and looked.

“Were...were you staring at me a second ago?”Rumble asked

“N..no.”The lie was so obvious.

“And i thought i was the hormone ridden colt in this situation.”

“Sh...shut up.”Scootaloo gave Rumble a playful shove. She then took the keys from Rumble forgetting to take care not to make noise. The keys jingled and clanked together and almost woke the night guard. All the two heard was an inaudible murmur coming from that general direction. Scootaloo then tried the door as soon as she was positive the guard didn't wake. With one twisting motion she opened the door and smiled.’

“And with that you are officially cool in training.”

“Are you being serious?”Rumble almost jump out his feathers.Scoots just have a look that suggested she wasn't.

“You are so lucky your cute.”Scootaloo teased

“W...what?”Rumble blushed.

“What? I’m not aloud to compliment my coltfriend?”Rumbles wings went straight up without hesitation to that word. Coltfriend. He had never been anyponies coltfriend before.

“I...i guess you are.”

“You guess?”Scoots stared at his now fully erect wings.

“Maybe completely aloud.”Rumble just took Scootaloo’s hand as his wings were starting to go limp again.

“Then that makes you my marefriend.”Rumble gave Scoots a peck on the cheek and escorted the now blushing mare into the theatre. In the back Rumble’s head, he thought: This is really happening, and I'm not completely blowing it. I hope this dream never ends.