• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 891 Views, 5 Comments

Padded Walls and Smiling Faces - Blake Winter



The day-to-day troubles of being a mental patient.

  • ...
0
 5
 891

Dream World

The darkness turned into a pleasant green, I knew this green well, Fluttershy's little garden in the back of her cottage. I looked down, still in the damn straight jacket. Of course, I knew very well that this was just a dream, and I couldn't do anything about it. The garden was bright as ever, flowers blooming and butterflies fluttering. A squirrel ran up and per tech itself on the chair. He nibbled on my leg a bit. I shook my leg so that it would leave, instead it bit a chunk out of my calf.

The squirrel fled, blood flowed from the wound all over the ground. I wanted to scream, but I just couldn't. Most Dreams where I couldn't actually move on my own account, but this one was different. I hopped from the chair and landed on all four of my hooves. The jacket fluttered away, like some sort of weird bird. I trotted around to the front door, smiling at my mended leg.

"Oh, hello Scarlet! Would you care to come in?" I heard Fluttershy's voice come from the door. I entered, and she went into the kitchen to get some tea. When she returned she poured me a cup. Instead of the normal brown-ish color tea normally was, it was an almost pitch black. The longer I stared the more I could make out....Dusk's face?

"W-what?" The cup of 'tea' clattered to the ground, along with myself. The floor have out and I fell into a deep well. The world went muffled as I sank into the watery abyss. I struggled against the water, but it seemed that the straitjacket had returned. My vision started going dark. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't feel. Then.....nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

But then, after the longest time, I heard yelling. I couldn't make out what the yelling was about, or who was the source. There was a sharp sting in my chest, I started breathing again, rapid and shallow. My eyes opened to meet the clean white of the Hospital. I could see shapes of ponies, no details, just vauge shadows.

"Scarlet. Wake up, my lovley." I saw a wide grin on one of the shadows.
"Dusk?"
"No, no, it's Redheart." I regained my vision, Redheart helped me tp my haunches. "You nearly suffocated yourself, what were you doing?"
"I....don't know." I rubbed my head. The jacket was off, how nice.

Hours of questions, asking what I was thinking, why did I do that, etcetera. I beared with the insanity until they allowed me back to my room. They left the jacket off this time. The only thing they did was put a camera in my room. In a weird way, I found comfort in it...

Author's Note:

Yeah, these are going to be scattered around the story.

Rate, comment, all that jazz.