• Published 27th Sep 2014
  • 1,311 Views, 2 Comments

The Sun Goes Dark - Princess Lyla



Celestia falls so deeply in love, that she breaks the Equestrian rule by refusing to raise the sun.

  • ...
14
 2
 1,311

Magic

The crystal ponies scattered in fear as they saw their former king approach. The color in their coats drained faster than ever. King Sombra did not wish to everypony be afraid of him. In fact, he was aiming for the exact opposite; he wanted a friend. Someone to talk to when he needed reassurance. Somepony who would care for him when he was feeling neglected. But mostly, he wanted somepony who could forgive him after everything he's done in the past, who he could trust with anything. For over a thousand years, Sombra had lived a life of pain ad regret, but not anymore. He knew there was somepony who didn't think of him as a monster, but as a normal pony.

Everypony in heard a sudden THWACK, and turned to see a lonely, grey unicorn fall to the ground, unconscious, revealing a small group of guards, dragging Sombra to the castle dungeon.

When he awoke, the frightened unicorn found himself in a small, dark room. He tried to move, but to no prevail. Sombra looked down, and saw the long, silver chain keeping him in the corner of the cold dungeon. He pulled with all his energy to escape, but failed.

"It is no use trying to break free." A deep voice called from the opposite corner of the room. Out of the shadows emerged a large, purple crystal pony wearing blue and gold armor. "You will only wear yourself out."

Sombra was highly offended. "Excuse me? I am the lord of darkness and hatred! Do you have any idea how much power I posses?"

The guard laughed. "I am aware." He looked down at the terrified king before him. "Go ahead. Show me what you got."

"Why, you!" Sombra, furious, prepared to attack, but nothing happened. He tried breaking the chain using magic. Again, nothing happened. "What? But how is-" He looked up at the grinning guard, then back down at his hooves. "My magic..."

A laugh was heard behind the crystal guard. A second figure appeared from the corner. Shining Armor. "We meet again, King Sombra."

The king growled at the visitor. "What have you done to my magic?"

Shining didn't answer. "It must be hard, being forbidden to fulfill your destiny."

"How did you?"

"I face that feeling everyday, because of you!"

"ME?! I HAVE HAD NO PART IN YOUR LIVES FOR OVER A THOUSAND YEARS! HOW COULD I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?!"

Shining looked away. "You wouldn't understand."