• Published 27th Sep 2014
  • 1,311 Views, 2 Comments

The Sun Goes Dark - Princess Lyla



Celestia falls so deeply in love, that she breaks the Equestrian rule by refusing to raise the sun.

  • ...
14
 2
 1,311

The Weight Of The Crown

Princess Luna looked angrily at her sister. "Is this how you believe a princess is expected to act? I am surprised. Being royal isn't all that it seems. A heavy burden rests atop our brow. It demands our judgement. The weight of the crown demands our time. The weight of the crown means acting selfless. We have their fate in our hooves. We have faced the demons within. A princess is not measured by her power nor greed. A princess's only need is protecting the ponies. 'Tis not enough to know great magic. We are to serve, not to be served. The weight of the crown demands our patience. It demands our lead. The weight of the crown can oft be tiresome, but it is ours alone. With love we rule. We stand as champions for peace and light. We cannot forgive the years we took from greed and hate. We paid the price. We are a ray of hope in darkness. We are an answer to those in need. We are a leader to those souls wanting. We carry ourselves with humility. We help-"

"I know, I know." Celestia was not trying to leave bad example, but she knew the Grand Galloping Gala would've been a disaster without her. "I'm sorry. I was only trying to help."

"It is the rule. You and Sombra are forbidden to see each other anymore."

"I know but-"

Luna put a hoof over her older sister's mouth. "I suppose this means the weight of the crown is too much for you, dear sister." She used her magic to remove Celestia's crown and placed it upon her own head, replacing her black and purple tiara with the larger, golden accessory. "Starting tomorrow, thou shall live like a normal pony in the Crystal Empire for ten years. Does that seem fair to you?"

Princess Celestia did not wish to leave her sister, but she had no choice. "I will miss you, Luna, but I accept my punishment."