• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 2,656 Views, 59 Comments

The Time Adventures - Night Fire

  • ...
3
 59
 2,656

The First Adventure

Hello my people. I noticed that I have well over 100 views and I want you people to comment or hit like/dislike. I honestly take your opinion into account. I want to thank everybrony who reviewed on this and yes I am sending this to my editor before I post so you guys should be pleased as punch. Anyways this is being made up on the go so sorry about random stuff that I might insert. ONWARDS TO GLORY AND GREAT STORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They all headed to the rooms they were told about, and each chose one that miraculously ended up matching their personality very well.

Swift got one where he could fly and dive around, and it also had a cloud bed and a rainbow pool.

Chrome got a room full of musical equipment with a giant bass amp. He opened a door to his own personal heaven, a second room filled to the brim with every stringed instrument known to pony-kind. His bed was a simple hammock.

Night Fire got a room full of magic books and plenty of space to practice spells, and had a giant memory foam bed with black silk covers, with vibrant red and blue flame designs.

Luna got a room that matched her perfectly. It was lined with spell books, and had intricate drawings of the moon, and in a vase was a bouquet of moon lilies that would bloom only when hit by the power of
her domain. Her bed was also black silk, and had a star pattern all across it.

*****

After they had all checked out their rooms they all headed to where the pool is and started to swim, even Chrome, though he kept his silk blindfold on.

“Yo chrome, ever heard of relaxing and just being normal?” Swift asked taking off his harness and setting it off to the side of the pool.

“Yeah, my two top students tell me that quite often. But I never take this off.” Chrome said motioning to his blindfold.

“Why?” Night Fire asked, confused.

“It’s... a veil. I can see out, but you cannot see in. I don’t really like other ponies looking into my eyes…” Chrome said, looking at the far side of the pool as he did so.

“You said you had students… what do you teach?” Said Luna, attempting to change the topic.

“I teach music theory, and just about all music in general. It seems to bring out all different kinds of ponies, which is very good for the university at which I teach.”

“Well then who are your top students?” Luna asked, knowing most musicians that were popular.

“My current top students? Two mares by the name of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.” Chrome said.

“Really? I thought you taught at a university, those two must have already graduated by now. So why are you still teaching them?” Luna said.

“Let’s just say, I have far more experience than any of the other professors, and just four years doesn’t cover all that I have to share.” He said. Suddenly, he remembered something, and teleported away in a burst of white.

“Why did he leave?” Luna asked, confused. “white? I thought that the color of the magic depended on the coat, or mane... neither of which of his are white... odd...”

“Well at least he told us what his job was.” Night Fire said floating on his back relaxing.

“Are you ever serious for even 5 seconds?” Swift asked looking at Night Fire who simply opened up one eye.

“When I have to be, I just chill until then.” He said shooting a torrent of water at Swift drenching him.

Fire burned in Swift’s eyes. He flew up to the ceiling and then simply stopped flapping, plummeting faster than a boulder. The splash was massive and caused even Night Fire to try and escape. When it had subsided Luna and Night Fire were on the side of the pool, coughing, and Swift was laughing his flank off. This sadly started a splash war.

MEANWHILE WITH CHROME

“Hey doc, how much longer till we get there?” Chrome said teleporting into the control room.

“About 20 hours, why?”

“Eh, figured I might give Dinky here some lessons in magic and maybe, teach her some music.” Chrome said, where Dinky could hear from the kitchen. “Plus, I think I should let you have some alone time with your girlfriend.” Chrome muttered under his breath to the doctor, as Dinky ran out of the kitchen with a huge smile on her face.

“Mommy said I could learn magic so let’s go!” Dinky said bouncing on her hooves wanting to learn.”

“Alright let’s go, I’ll see if I can teach you some magic, and perhaps how to play some music.” Chrome said with a hollow smile.

“Yay, magic and music!” Dinky cheered following Chrome as they went to his room.

*****

“Honey, are you okay?” The Doctor said, going into the kitchen to find her pulling out a new plate of muffins.

“Of course I’m happy. My muffin is learning magic and music, why wouldn’t I be happy, honey?” Derpy said with a smile.

“Oh just wanted to make sure, I haven’t really had a lot of time to spend with you while we take care of Dinky.” The Doctor said with a sad smile.

“Well the others are taking care of her now, so she can’t interrupt us now can she?” Derpy said giving her boyfriend a nuzzle.

“Careful, we can't get too loud, there's other ponies on here too.” The Doctor said with a slight chuckle.

“Of course! We are not married… yet.” Derpy said adding yet as an afterthought.

“I promise, when we head back to what we call the present we can get married. As long as I have permission from your daughter, that is.” The doctor said with a slight grin.

“Oh well then, let’s stop talking and find a more productive use of our mouths, right Doctor?” Derpy said with half closed eyes.

“Of course, my sweet muffin.” The Doctor said leaning in and kissing Derpy with the passion that even the Alicorn rulers of Night and Fire couldn’t match.

MEANWHILE WITH THE OTHERS IN THE POOL.
“Why do I get this weird feeling that somepony is saying they are doing something I can’t?” Luna said with a weird shudder.

“Eh, ignore that feeling, it’s nothing.” Night Fire said before getting downed in another wave Swift made.

“Ugh, that’s it Swift, I’m going to kick you bucking flank right now!” Night Fire said, levitating multiple pillars of water to surround the flying Pegasus, and then closed them all around him, pulling him down into the pool.

BACK WITH
CHROME AND DINKY IN CHROME’S ROOM

“So let’s start off with some basic levitation spells.” Chrome said demonstrating by levitating a book that was on the floor.

“Like this?” Dinky said levitating multiple items and then proceeding to juggle them.

“You certainly have the basics down, how about teleportation?” Chrome said teleporting to the other side of the room and back.

“Uh, I could try.” Dinky said appearing on the other side of the room after a burst of light, and then back but highly tired and dazed.

“Alright, you’re really good at that, but we should probably keep it easy for now, so seeing as you have basics down, how about I teach you how to read music?” Chrome said pulling out some basic notes, “I’m going to teach you in treble clef first, if you do good at it, we can do some bass and alto clefs also.”

“What is a clef?” Dinky asked with an innocent smile.

“We have a long way to go.” Chrome said, reminding himself why he wanted, no, needed, to do this in the first place. “Out of curiosity, have you ever played an instrument?”

“Um, not really, I can sing, kinda.” Dinky said looking down.

“Hey, don’t look so sad Dinky, nothing wrong with you not having any clue about what music is, that’s how everypony starts out.” Chrome said. “Watch what happens with practice.”

He then levitated a pure black double bass over, quickly tuned it, then played. It was an old jazz piece designed for Princess Luna, and as he played, Dinky thought she heard many other instruments in the room as well. When she finally looked at his face, she saw two things. His horn was glowing the most brilliant white, and he had the biggest (and only) smile on his face. When he had finished he set it down and returned to his normal stoic demeanor.

“See Dinky, I started off like you but I can now do that. Don’t be sad that you can’t play yet. I’ll teach you how to play in time. Now we need to get some sleep, let me take you to your room, which room is it?”

“Uh, I er, I can get there by myself!” Dinky said quickly teleporting in a quick flash.

“Huh, she seemed nervous by the end of that, maybe I should have played something simpler.” Chrome said. He climbed into his hammock and slowly started to drift to sleep as the TARDIS hurtled through time and space.

BACK AT THE POOL

“ALRIGHT THAT IS IT! BOTH OF YOU STOP SPLASHING NOW!” Luna said in her royal canterlot voice, making Swift drop like a stone and Night Fire to grin sheepishly.

“Sorry Luna, but I kind of lost myself in the game.” Night Fire
said.

“Dude, I get somepony like me but you’re a bucking PRINCE! How are you this immature?” An astounded Swift asked.

“What makes you think I’m a prince?”

“I thought all alicorns are royalty. Then again I also thought they were all related.”.

“Well I’m neither prince, nor am I related to Luna. I was once a prince, but I decided to give up that title long ago.” Night Fire said jumping out of the pool and drying his coat with a quick spell. Swift got out and flew around in a circle spraying water everywhere and soaking Night Fire again.

“Sorry. Why did you give up your title?” Swift asked not getting why somepony would not want to be a prince.

“Because I don’t like the big life, I was a prince of magic, whoop-de-bucking-doo. I just prefer to live in the middle of the woods and train.” Night Fire said, “Of course, when Luna wants me, she gets me.” He said with a cocky smirk.

“Well I’m tired, and you two should be after all of that, so
let’s go get some sleep.” Luna said ending the discussion by walking out of the pool room.

“I agree with your girlfriend. Let’s crash.” Swift said flying out of the pool room to his room.

“Ugh, I’ll sleep then. Night Luna.” Night Fire said flying by and kissing Luna on his way to his room.

THE NEXT DAY

The TARDIS crashed quickly into some snow waking up the ponies inside of it. They all got up and felt the chill, and proceeded to get whatever they thought they would need. Chrome grabbed an electric blue bass; Swift grabbed a weird blade that was in the shape of a key and strapped it on his back; Night Fire and Luna both just drank an energy drink; The Doctor grabbed his sonic screwdriver, while Derpy put on some winter clothes and helped Dinky into hers. As they all got to the main room everyone looked at the Doctor minus Dinky who looked at Chrome, blushed, and looked down at the floor.

“Alright, from what I understand, this is before the founding of Equestria, and long before the alicorn sisters began their rule. Some unicorns have enchanted the clouds to disobey the pegasi. If you will, please fix this problem.” The Doctor said.

“lemme guess, kick their flanks then disenchant the weather?” Night Fire asked with a smirk.

“Exactly that, now allons-y!” The doctor yelled, exiting with everyone behind him.

They got out and saw multiple unicorns everywhere, casting spells and murmuring. Many of them had assorted weapons and armor, most of them simply sharpening daggers. When they saw the newcomers they stopped what they were doing and just stared. After the brief moment, one of them shot a bolt of ice at Night Fire... and missed.

This started a fight between the two groups. Luna and Night Fire both sent spells at the unicorns that came at them, Derpy kicked the ones that were by her, while protecting Dinky with the Doctor punching them with his hooves. Swift used his mysterious blade, slicing at the unicorns, not killing them but giving them some cuts, and Chrome just played his bass, causing the enemy’s ears to bleed by controlling the low sounds to even lower frequencies.

What Chrome was not aware of was the fact one unicorn had cast a muffle spell on his ears to stop the bass sound and came up behind Chrome. He stabbed at Chrome who heard him at the last second and moved, getting his “blindfold” cut off. He quickly closed his eyelids and refused to open them, until he heard the soft crunch of hooves on snow in front of him. He looked through his eyelashes making sure not to make eye contact and saw it was all enemies. He then opened his eyes full and said in a soft whisper, “Look into my eyes, and feel what I feel.” And within seconds they were all on the ground writhing in pain. Chrome quickly levitated his “blindfold” back on and picked up his bass.

“Alright that’s all of ‘em. So... Chrome... what the buck was that?” Night Fire asked hesitantly, observing all the comatose unicorns on the ground.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Chrome said noticing Dinky, who was once again looking at him in awe. When she saw him looking back, she blushed and looked away.

“Now to get rid of these clouds.” Night Fire said flying up and slamming into a cloud, quickly being thrown back down to the snow with a thud. “Ow,” was all he said, sitting up and rubbing his head.

Swift did the exact same thing, getting the exact same results, except he slammed into a cliff, seeing as he flew into the side of the cloud.

“Ow, what the buck is up with these clouds?” he asked rubbing his head.
Luna and Night Fire flew up and magically scanned a cloud for a spell and found, well, nothing. The clouds had no extraordinary enchantments on them, other than what appeared to be an enchantment for making clouds.

“Well pegasi ways won’t work, because these are unicorn made clouds, and we don’t know the spell to get rid of them.” Luna said flying down with Night Fire.

“I’m going to fly up and when I come down, I’ll be using a special spell to dissipate the clouds, I trust Chrome could create some sound waves the get rid of the others.” Night Fire said looking at Chrome who nodded, “Alright be right back.”

Night Fire then flew into the air, and went far above the cloud layer, to where they couldn’t see him. When he came down though, he was akin to a comet. The fire surrounding him was so intense, his outline was barely visible. The fire tail behind him trailed for about ten meters, before dissipating, just as the clouds did when he rammed through them. He did this for ten minutes clearing half the sky, with Chrome playing some notes to clear out the rest. Then Night Fire’s body extinguished itself as he fell from a thousand feet, unconscious, to the ground below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that is the end of this chapter. I know it’s a bit weird and all but that’s because I’ve never done an oc based story with ocs that I didn’t make. So anyways, comment below and tell me what you think. If you have an oc, I am likely to put it in the next few chapters. I already have one claimed for the next
chapter so just give me some feedback, and also read my other story and Swift’s story Human Bronies to ponies to see one of my other ocs. Bless your face. If you sneezed during this, bless you, peace off.

(editor's note)

so sorry about the late update, I’ve been swamped with homework, EOC exams, and extracurricular activities that I haven’t had time to work on this. Chromatic Reverb, out.