• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 708 Views, 0 Comments

On the Feast of Hearth's Warming - Diamond Sparkle



It is Hearth's Warming Eve in Equestria, and Princess Luna thinks back to one a long ago....

  • ...
3
 0
 708

On The Eve-Silver Spoon's Mansion

For Silver Spoon, this really was the most wonderful time of the year. There were so many presents under the Hearth's Warming Tree, that they blocked the view of the lower branches, and she had taken pleasure in wrapping them. They were not just for the Spoons, but for their friends and their servants as well. A full month before Hearth's Warming Eve the preparations had begun, with the buying and the wrapping and the slowly building excitement. Silver Spoon herself had helped to wrap the presents of the servants-they could hardly be asked to wrap their own presents after all. And knowing that she would be helping to bring joy one day a year to who she thought of as the *lower orders* made her feel very good about herself. With ten days to go they had brought in and decorated the tree, and with just a couple of days to go they had brought in enough fruit, sweets, hay, cakes and puddings to fill the bellies of themselves, their guests and the servants and still have enough to feed a squad of Royal Guards left over.

As if the excitement of the gift giving, gift getting and feasting was not enough, Diamond Tiara would be coming over in her best dress, and for many months now Silver Spoon had known that she was in love with her best friend. And tomorrow would be the day when she would risk their friendship by telling her that she was a fillyfooler and had been in love with her for a long time, knowing that Diamond might not feel the same way. If things did go badly, at least she would have feasting and her multiple gifts to keep her happy. For now, she gazed at the tree with visions of the beautiful Diamond Tiara in her head.