• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 707 Views, 0 Comments

On the Feast of Hearth's Warming - Diamond Sparkle



It is Hearth's Warming Eve in Equestria, and Princess Luna thinks back to one a long ago....

  • ...
3
 0
 707

On the Eve-Hive Chrysalis

In the icy Badlands, deep within the well hidden Hive Chrysalis the Central Hall had a true feast laid out that was large enough to feed everyling in the Hive, with many different forms of rich love soup. Tomorrow there would be no rationing, everyling could freely eat their fill. And what delicacies there were on offer! There was plenty of rich, sweet, chocolate like pony love of course, the normal diet of most of Queen Chrysalis's changelings. But there was also the hot, spicy love of the Griffins, the meaty love of the minotaurs, the love of zebras and buffalo and mules and even reindeer from the Far North, each type of love with it's own unique taste. There were examples of love from all the major races of Equestria except from other changelings-such a thing would be considered cannibalism and was considered disgusting amongst changelings.

With the love feast all set out, the Queen grinned as she locked the doors to keep away her hungry changelings. Recently, rations had been low, to the point where she was considering a giant love raid on Canterlot itself to end the hunger in her Hive. But tomorrow they would have all the love that their stomachs could take. She put on her red cloak that she only wore at what Changelings called The Coming Of The New Sun and took on her delivery duties with several deputies. Each youngling would receive an amulet, some changeling boiled sweets, and a few other little gifts, and as there were hundreds of little changelings, even with her deputies it would take hours to get around them all. The normally dark Hive was lit up with candles at New Sun Time, no work was done, discipline was relaxed, and it was the one time of the year when questioning and even gentle mockery of a Changeling Queen was allowed.

"I love this time of year," Chrysalis said aloud. "Everyling is so happy and well fed, and the singing and the dancing that goes on....plus the infiltrators can bring back so much more love at this time of year. It must be the same in the other Hives all over Equestria. My Chancellor tried to talk me out of celebrating this year, as it would use up most of our Hive's love reserves, but I refused, as this time of the year must be a happy time."

Several hours later, having visited every house within the Hive and met with rich and poor Changelings alike, Queen Chrysalis settled into her royal bed with a big smile on her face. Tomorrow would be one of the best days of the whole year for everyling. And no doubt the infiltrators that were still on duty were happy celebrating too, as all the races of Equestria celebrated at this time of year.