• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 1,162 Views, 5 Comments

Adventures of the Background 6 - Timesmashaperil



Lyra Heartstrings, Vynl Scratch, Bon-Bon, Octavia Melody, Doctor Whooves, and of course, Derpy. These are the stories of MLP, but told through different eyes.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,162

Magic is Friendship?- Part 1

It was a bright day in Ponyville, excitement in the air, as the Summer Sun Celebration was to begin soon. Twilight Sparkle had just arrived, and would eventually defeat Nightmare Moon and all that, overcoming all odds! But that's not the story being told here. This is the story of a derp-eyed mail pony, a timey-wimey traveler, a DJ of epic proportions, and a few others, who helped save the world just as much as Twilight had.

But first, we take our sights to a blue box floating above Equestria, with a pony inside by the name of 'Time Turner', or 'Doctor Whooves'.

"NO! Not... good... at... ALL!" Something exploded inside the box, seemingly bigger on the inside. "What was it again that was happening?" He said, running around a console of sorts. "I'm... I'm... I'M... CRASHING!" He exclaimed, the box hurtling towards the planet.

Meanwhile, in a muffin bakery, we meet our second hero, Derpy, or Ditzy Doo.

"I'll take a dozen blueberry muffins, please!" She said to the owner of the bakery.

"Here you go, miss Doo! Y'know, there's a party at Twilight Sparkle's house tonight. You should go!"

"I just might! Thanks, mister!" She said setting off for her house.

Derpy entered her house and set down her groceries. She had a muffin, got her mail bag, and prepared to go deliver some mail, when all of a sudden-

CRASH!

"Eeek! What was that!?" Derpy ran towards the blue box embedded in her wall. As she looked at it, the doors opened, and Time Turner stumbled out. "Who are you?" She asked, looking at the strange pony.

"Do you know... What year it is?" He asked, radiating a strange golden-y energy.

"Uh, it's 2010. Are you okay? You sorta crashed into my wall." She said.

"B.C., or A.D.?" He asked, dusting himself off, and getting up.

"What's a B.C.?" Asked Derpy, looking quite confused.

"Never mind. Can you tell me where this place is, by any chance?"

"Well, this is Ponyville! Where did you and that box come from? It doesn't look like anything here at all!"

"It's a... Um... Thing. What's your name, by the way?"

"Ditzy Doo's my name, but my friends call me Derpy. It's because of my eyes, see!" She pointed to her derped eyes.

"Oh, I hadn't even noticed those! Well, could you introduce me to the ponies around here? I've never really been here before."

"You should come with me to the party at Twilight Sparkle's house! All my friends will probably be there!"

"I just might! I'll see you then, I guess!" He said, walking back into the box.

"What do you mea- Woah..." She was cut off by the box, as it disappeared with a whooshing sound and a breeze. "See you... then?" She said, going off to deliver mail.

Author's Note:

Sorry if the chapters seem a little short. I just prefer to get a section done and published faster. That way, you, the reader, will get new chapters sooner. However, the plot might advance a bit slower. I plan on revising these chapters once I'm done, along with making an audio series, like Doctor Whooves and the Assistant.