• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 951 Views, 12 Comments

Wings of Bravery - Fabella



Upon finding a mysterious door, Derpy and Carrot head to a place unknown to all. What they soon find out too late however, that their curiosity would soon put to risk not only their friends, but the entire fate of Equestria and the world around them.

  • ...
0
 12
 951

Chapter VII: The Walls are Moving


The two ponies made their way down the winding red carpeted corridor without regards to their chasers that came as a ganged mob after them.

Carrot, though the more thoughtful of the two, couldn't help but wonder if they caught her would she be turned into one of them.

She shook her head at the thought.

I really need to stop reading those comic's Derpy gave me.

The undead was determined, not giving up chase. The two mares had reached the border of exhaustion and could hardly continue on. I not for the reserve of adrenaline that pumped through their veins and the desire to survive the onslaught, the two would have collapsed a long time ago. While Derpy had the benefit of flight, poor Carrot's legs could barely retain their limit any longer. Even the pegasus's wings were aching due to the hard flapping of wings she had to muster to keep up with her speedy friend who now, ran alongside her.

A loud rumble resounded and the stairs trembled beneath them. The adventurous duo were knocked off balance as they tumbled down the barrage of steps. Only for them to land at the base of it. A bit dazed and confused from their fall. Derpy landed with a thud on the cold ground and slowly postured herself back on four legs.

Carrot came seconds after her, rolling before stopping herself on her forelegs. The ceiling lying right above the staircase, came falling down as she watched. Leaving only a skeleton head tumbling down as it stopped short in front of Carrot's legs. It's ghostly red eyes staring at Carrot as it pierced her own.

The place was illuminated by torches lining the walls and the ceiling was decorated with ragged spikes and webs and the atmosphere was dry and rigid. Depy regathered herself and shook her head. Vision blurry, she rubbed her eyes only to be greeted by a sinister looking creature.

Staring back at her was an abnormally large, hairy arachnid that carried upon it's back a white cape with a black cross design on it. Around and behind it's legs were mini versions of it that gazed at the mare with their equally as haunting eight eyes.

She was immediately alarmed and repulsed at the sight. She waved her hoof at Carrot who was still stunned at the how quickly the revelation of things changed. She said her name almost calm like as she tried to garnish the distracted mares attention.

Carrot tapped and looked on her sides but felt nothing. He bag was no where to be found. She must have lost it in the confusion and the rough ride coming down the stairs. Thankfully, she wasn't too injured. Nothing hurt internally besides a bruise that was present on her side. She blew out a sigh of gratefulness at the falling of the rubble. Finally happy that her and her friends cursed pursuers had been put to a stop.

Or so she had made herself to believe.

“Carrot! Carrot! Car-rot!”

“What is it?”

“I don't think we're free yet!”

Carrots eyes averted to the large spider that was staring her friend down. Never noticing their presence until now. They were there, camouflaging so great against their surroundings. It was as if they were waiting for them like a butterfly that had mindlessly wandered onto their web. Now they came down to receive their meal which was none other than the two mares themselves.