• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 951 Views, 12 Comments

Wings of Bravery - Fabella



Upon finding a mysterious door, Derpy and Carrot head to a place unknown to all. What they soon find out too late however, that their curiosity would soon put to risk not only their friends, but the entire fate of Equestria and the world around them.

  • ...
0
 12
 951

Chapter X: Upheaval


Suddenly, a scream filled the area as a burst of light all but nearly blinded the grey mare.

“Carrot?”

The gates to the eighth floor slammed shut and the ceiling above exploded in a swirling vortex of reddish orange, thunderous clouds as magic of all dark forms came loose. Derpy's eyes befell the scene before her.

“Carrot!”

She watched as her friend's body stood levitated in the air as her eyes and mouth became as ghastly smoke. A dark shadow figure loomed over her as the smoke from Carrot's eyes and mouth went into the figure that was rooted in the a cursed stone. Sparks of ice came flying from all sides, freezing everything it touched instantly. Leaving nothing unscathed. Pruina was nowhere to be found.

Derpy rushed over towards her friend in utmost desperation. Calling out her name as if she was trying to snap her out of her trance. Her head jerked back as something prevented her from continuing closer to the main point of the scene. She paid no mind to the undead ponies, clothed in armor, that bit her hair in an attempt to pull her away from certain destruction. Some ran in front in order to create a makeshift barricade. Sacrificing themselves as their bodies became frozen in bitter anguish. Thankfully, they secretly blessed the gods for their lack of living biology. Happy to be free from the taste of anguish that would have certainly encompassed them had they had flesh.

Roars could be heard as the place shook. Large dragon like creatures joined the undead ponies as they attempted first hand to stop the shadowy figure that slowly sucked in the body of the pale mare. But it was futile as they became frozen in place at the aggression of the ice. Determined to pin down all who dared to undermine their masters plan.

Derpy choked on her tears as she bucked and kicked her helpful assailants. She did not care weather or not they was there for her safety but instead her mind was filled with the intention of getting ahold of her friend.

“Carrot!”

“Grab hold of her! Pull her away!”

The undead ponies managed to grip tightly on Derpy's mane and tail. Not caring if it hurt her as her life was worth much more. They dragged her from the scene across the snow. Away from the door to the eighth level and back into the door from which she had came through. She bucked and screamed, trying her best to get away from the grip of the undead ponies. Tears came down her eyes as she watched her friends body slowly became anorexic. Rib cage and bones showing through flesh as she gurgled, unable to scream, in unimaginable pain. Her life force being sucked out dry like a raging vacuum sworn on revenge.

“Carrot! Carrot! Carrot!”

Was all she could say as salty tears came down in bitter waterfalls. Stinging against her cheeks. She regretted the feeling of persuading Carrot to come along. She begun to hate herself. Everywhere she went she caused trouble. Everything she did she caused trouble, and now her friend would pay the price for her ridiculous antics.

As the ice begun to creep up on her threatening to freeze, Derpy called out once again.

“Carrot!”

Before all went black as the doors shut closed in front of her with only the faint and last memory being of a cackling feminine laughter.