• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 527 Views, 1 Comments

Equestrian Origins - Key_Chains



Chains is a talented unicorn with unique abilities, he is involved in a story that takes place 1,700 years before Canterlot was formed during the great equestrian war. See the origins of the Elements, the two sisters leadership, an unexpected twist.

  • ...
 1
 527

Prologue - Preparations, a call for chains

Author's Note:

I would like to thank you, the reader, for taking the time to read my story. This is my first fanfic so please let me know if there are any grammatical errors that you see that need to be fixed. If you have any thoughts on the story so far, please feel free to share them. I'm sorry this first part is so short but I have the next couple of chapters planned out in my head so expect an update soon. Once again, thank you and enjoy your stay

About two thousand years ago long before Ponyville and even Canterlot was founded. A great war riddled through the land that would later be known as Equestria. The pre-equestrians were a mixed group of earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi led by a pair of very powerful alicorns known as Celestia of the Sun and Luna of the Moon. Today we know them as the two sisters who rule over the land of Equestria. Back then they were known to be fearsome warriors with strength that went unmatched until renegade groups began to appear with mysterious weapons using artifacts that they had discovered. These artifacts would later become the elements of harmony, but in the wrong hands they had become great weapons of war. Each stone had powers that rivaled even the pair of alicorns, some with the ability to bend and fold space. Others had the power to raise the undead. The next few centuries would lead the sisters to many trials that would shape them into the queens they are today.

This story takes place with a makeshift town without a name. Ponies gave up naming their settlements after so many had been attacked, burnt down or raided. The two sisters realized that they themselves were the target of most of these attacks and so they built a castle deep in the Everfree Forest with the help of Starswirl the Bearded and Melvin the Manticore. This was the Castle of the Two Sisters. A trap riddled Labyrinth filled with an impressive armory and dozens of well-trained soldiers that were hoof selected by Celestia herself. Luna had her own small army that were used for scouting and stealth missions. One unusual addition in Luna’s troops, was a young Unicorn with some unique abilities.

“BRING US CHAINS IMMIDIATELY” Boomed the voice of the dark blue alicorn, rattling the armor of the guards standing outside and caused many candles lighting the room to extinguish inside of the sister’s tower.

“You do know we don’t always have to speak with the royal voice sister…” calmly stated Celestia as she relit the extinguished candles with a glow of her horn, her ears still ringing.

“BUT WE REQUEST TO” a small stool is cast towards Luna.

“WE REQUEST THAT WE” several pieces of the carefully organized weaponry were levitated and formed a circle around the deep blue Alicorn.

“WE SEE *cough*, we see your point dear sister. You mustn’t to go such lengths for your request. We merely feel that we must speak of important matters with a commanding voice.” Luna said smiling softly at her sister.

Celestia carefully levitated each weapon into its respective mount on the wall before trotting over to her sister, giving her an affectionate muzzle. “I understand Luna but my hearing is also important. At least don’t use it indoors if you can help it, I can’t remember the last time I was able to have a vase on the shelves without it shattering when you shout.” Celestia said with a small though playful frown.

“But we are immortal, surely your hearing cannot be damaged as it would heal almost instan-mpph” Luna’s muzzle was violently pomf’d with a large pillow surrounded with a light orange glow.

“It was a joke Luna, lighten up” Celestia said with a chuckle as she tossed the pillow back onto the large mattress.

“No offence sister, but when it comes to light we believe that is your department”. Celestia was about to scold Luna for being so serious once more but was interrupted as the guards came back with several feet of the noisy metal ropes.

“THAT IS NOT WHAT WE M-“a fierce glare from Celestia reminded Luna of their earlier talk.

“WE *cough* we meant to say bring us Chains the unicorn. We request an audience with him.” Luna said speaking much softer towards the two guards geared fully in thick armor.

“I told you she was talking about the unicorn” one of the guards said as he slapped his hoof against the back of the opposing guard’s helmet causing it to slide down over his eyes.

“You were the one who grabbed the chains you dumb buck!” Countered the guard with his eyes covered, pushing his helmet back to glare fiercely at the accuser when his vision caught site of Luna who looked quite frustrated at this point.

“Forgive us Luna of the Moon, we will return immediately when we have found him.” He said as he lowered a hoof and grazed his muzzle close to the stone walkway. The other guard followed suit once he caught sight of Luna’s scowl, quickly bowing as well. His plated hooves clicked against the pathway as he lowered his chest to the ground.

“We will forgive your mistake” said Celestia soothingly, “but this matter is most important so please make haste in your retrieval” the warrior of the sun spoke as her ever flowing mane rippled behind her.

“YES M-SIR….YES S-‘AM…..YES CELESTIA” The guards said after stumbling over their words in unison before righting themselves and galloping off towards the un-named town.

As the two guardsmen rushed off to fetch the unicorn, the two sisters continued to discuss proper voice etiquette while confined in small spaces
----
Meanwhile in the un-named town, earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi were traveling back and forth between buildings. Some Looking to trade goods, others were trying to repair some damage from a recent attack on a few of their houses. One unicorn helping the repairs oversaw the work being done, making sure things were locked down tight so that future attacks would be less successful. His horn began to glow as he began to conjure magic. Several links of metal began to form and bind together, seemingly coming from the tip of his horn as Chains began to bind walls together that were nearly falling apart. He was just about done helping with the repairs when he saw two guardsmen approaching rapidly.