• Published 31st Oct 2011
  • 10,741 Views, 170 Comments

PinkieShy - PatRoison



PinkieShy or FlutterPie whichever you prefer. Started cute and light, but then it all went wrong.

  • ...
16
 170
 10,741

Interview With a Fillyfooler Part 3

“This is going to be so much fun! Come on Fluttershy, let’s get to our table.” Pinkie Pie bounced along with Fluttershy following behind. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were behind the happy couple.

Rainbow Dash nudged Applejack and said, “Look at them, AJ. How can you be against that?”

Applejack sighed and when she saw Rainbow smiling at their friends said, “You know I agree with you, Rainbow.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m just messing with you. C’mon, let’s eat.”

The four ponies arrived at their table and Fluttershy was about to sit down, but was stopped by Pinkie.

“Allow me,” Pinkie said as she slid out Fluttershy’s chair.

“Oh, thank you, Pinkie.” Fluttershy blushed and took her seat.

Pinkie sat next to Fluttershy and placed a hoof on hers.

“Well, if this is a date, then let me get your chair for ya, Rainbow.” Applejack slid Rainbow’s chair out and grinned at the blue pegasus.

“Hey, I’m the one that’s supposed to do that-“

“Too late, sugarcube. Ya’ll are the girl on this here date.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, “Fine. Just keep those hooves where I can see them.”

Applejack laughed as Rainbow sat down and took the seat next to her. She looked over to Pinkie and Fluttershy and asked, “So, anything interesting happen to ya’ll today?”

Pinkie nodded, “Yup. Fluttershy was telling Twilight and me about this time she found some really old ruins. Well, it’s not like you can find new ruins. Though, those would probably be cleaner. Hey since Fluttershy’s cottage is empty right, does that mean that it can be called a ruin?” Pinkie looked at Fluttershy, “You live in ruins!” Pinkie rubbed her hooves together, “I’ll have to check out your cottage for any traps that might be there before-“

“Pinkie, there are no traps in Fluttershy’s cottage,” Rainbow Dash said trying as hard as she could to keep from laughing. “Why would there be?”

“Because she lives in ruins! Obviously, once a place becomes ‘ruins’ somepony comes in and installs death traps in weird places.”

“I don’t think that’s how it works, “Applejack said. She scratched her head and asked, “You ok with telling us about what happened to ya, Fluttershy?”

“Um, I’m sorry, but I haven’t finished telling Twilight what happened.”

Rainbow waved a hoof in the air, “Don’t sweat it, Fluttershy. You’re here for a date, not to talk about some creepy ruins.”

Pinkie gave Fluttershy a hug, “Exactly! We’re here to have fun.”

The waiter arrived at the table, handed the ponies the menus, and asked, “May I offer you a drink?”

Pinkie smiled, “Fluttershy can pick my drink.”

“Oh, ok.” Fluttershy looked over her menu and said, “I will have a glass of apple juice and my…” Fluttershy turned to Pinkie and smiled, “and my girlfriend will have the spiced apple cider.”

“Ooh, I love cider!”

Rainbow groaned, “Yeah, we know.”

The waiter cleared his throat, “Are you two together?”

Fluttershy began to shrink in her chair shaking like a leaf, but smiled when she felt Pinkie stroke her mane.

“Yes, we’re together,” Pinkie said with a grin.

The waiter nodded, “Very well, one apple juice and one spiced apple cider.” He turned to Rainbow Dash and asked, “And will you be ordering for your date as well?”

“Hey now! This isn't a date!”

“Settle down, AJ,” Rainbow said. “At least try to have fun.”

Applejack leaned to Rainbow and whispered in her ear, “I know you’re being supportive of Fluttershy and Pinkie, but I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t imply that I’m the same way.”

“Well, I'd appreciate it if you’d stop saying that likes it’s some kind of disease,” Rainbow whispered.

Applejack leaned back and sighed, “Go ahead Rainbow. Order away.”

Rainbow cleared her throat and said, “Ok. I will have a glass of thunder punch, and my date will have,” She grinned at Applejack, and said, “My date will have a tall glass of orange juice.” Rainbow laughed when Applejack groaned.

The waiter nodded, “Very well. I shall return shortly with your drinks.”

Rainbow Dash nudged Applejack and said, “Hey, I’m sorry. I just want you to loosen up a little.”

“I know.” Applejack looked at Pinkie and Fluttershy, “This is your first date, and I don’t wanna ruin it. Let’s have fun tonight.”

“Thank you Applejack,” Fluttershy said with a smile.

The waiter arrived with the beverages and after each pony got her drink he asked, “Are you ready to order, or do you need more time?”

Pinkie said, “I’m ready to order. Want me to order for you Fluttershy?”

“That sounds nice.”

Pinkie smiled, “Great!” She looked over the menu, “I will have the honey glazed hay fries, and Fluttershy will have the wild picked fruit salad.”

“Excellent choices,” The waiter said before turning to Rainbow Dash, “And for you?”

“I’ll have the roasted wildflower panini.” Rainbow turned to Applejack and smiled when the orange pony gave her a small nod, “And my friend will have the stuffed apples. Oh, and could you bring her a glass of sweet apple cider?”

Applejack smiled, “Thanks, RD.”

The waiter collected the menus, “Thank you. I’ll place your orders.”

Fluttershy smiled, “Thank you very much, sir.”

The ponies set about enjoying their drinks. Fluttershy took small sips of her apple juice while Pinkie finished her cider in one gulp.

Applejack drank her orange juice quickly and smiled at Rainbow, who was enjoying her thunder punch. “Excuse me girls, but I need to use the little fillies’ room,” Applejack said. She nudged Rainbow as she got up.

“I’ll go with you, AJ.”

The two ponies made their way to the bathroom, and once inside Applejack turned to Rainbow and said, “I know this’ll be mighty hard for you, but I need you to slap me-“

Rainbow slapped Applejack hard across the cheek and smiled, “Anything else I can do for you?”

Applejack rubbed her face, “Ow. Ya could’ve at least asked why I wanted you to slap me.”

“Fine. Why did you want me to slap you?”

Applejack sighed, “To remind me that this is Pinkie’s and Fluttershy’s night.”

“Applejack, would you relax? You’re a good friend, and this is gonna be a fun night.” Rainbow smiled and asked, “So, how was your orange juice?”

“It wasn’t bad. Thanks, by the way, for ordering something I’d like. Must’ve been awfully tempting to order something I’d hate.”

“Hey I want you to have a good time too. Now come on, let’s get back to our table.”

“Alright, let’s go.”

When Rainbow Dash and Applejack returned to the table, the waiter was setting the food on the table. Pinkie kept trying to sneak a bite of her hay fries, but Fluttershy would keep giving her a playful swat on the snout. Pinkie would rub her nose and Fluttershy would kiss it.

Applejack walked up to Rainbow’s chair and slid it out.

“Thank you AJ.”

“Happy to do it, sugarcube.” Applejack sat down and cleared her throat so the other ponies would look at her. She smiled at Pinkie and Fluttershy and said, “Nopony takes a bite until we see a kiss from you lovebirds.”

Fluttershy and Pinkie turned a deep shade of red. Pinkie looked to Fluttershy and the shy pony gave her a small nod along with a squeak. Pinkie gently turned Fluttershy so they were facing each other and leaned forward. Fluttershy leaned forward and gave Pinkie a kiss on the lips. The kiss lasted a second and Fluttershy leaned against Pinkie’s neck after.

Applejack quietly clapped her hooves and said, “That plumb adorable. Alright, let’s eat.”

The four ponies enjoyed their meals, and when they finished the waiter arrived with a sealed note. “Please give this to Rarity along with our regards.”

Fluttershy took the note and said, “I’ll deliver it myself.”

“Thank you very much.”

The girls made their way out of the restaurant, and stopped at the entrance.

“That was fun,” Fluttershy said. She noticed Pinkie was getting sleepy and asked, “Pinkie would you like to go dancing some other time?”

Pinkie yawned, “That sounds good to me.”

Suddenly a voice shouted, “Hey you!”

Fluttershy turned towards the voice, but a blinding white flooded her vision. When her vision cleared, she saw pink.

Pinkie was standing on her hind legs in front of Fluttershy and her forelegs spread out to her sides.

Fluttershy looked to her side and smiled at what she saw. Applejack jumped in front of Rainbow, and she shielded the pegasus from the flash.

“You guys are weird,” Applebloom said. “I don’t think we’ll get our cutie marks like this.”

Pinkie laughed, “Oh, oops.” She turned to Fluttershy, “It’s just a picture, not a mean meanie pants.”

“Thank you, Pinkie.” Fluttershy gave Pinkie a kiss on the cheek causing the pink pony to blush.

“Uh, AJ, you mind letting go of me?”

Applejack let go of Rainbow, “Sorry bout that, Rainbow. Guess I just reacted is all.”

“Yeah, my hero. I can take care of myself.”

“I know you can, Rainbow. I didn’t mean nothing. I just don’t want to see you hurt.”

“Hurt? You calling me weak?”

Applejack shook her head, “Of course not. You ain’t weak, and you know it.”

Pinkie ignored the arguing ponies and looked at the picture Applebloom took, “The picture looks nice. The earth ponies are protecting the pegasus ponies.”

Rainbow turned to Pinkie, “Pegasus ponies don’t need protecting, and we don’t need earth ponies to do it.”

Applejack nudged Rainbow, “Rainbow will you relax. I’m sorry if I implied that you needed protecting. I just reacted.”

Rainbow grumbled something and looked at Applejack. She smiled at her friend and said, “Alright Applejack. Let’s just drop it.”

“Sounds good to me. Now I think we should get you home. Remember, you’re the girl on this date.”

“You’re not gonna let me live this down are you?”

Applejack smiled, “Nope.” She turned to Pinkie and asked, “You’re gonna walk Fluttershy home?”

“Yup,” Pinkie hugged Fluttershy.

Applejack nodded, “Alright. Well, good night you two. I’m sorry for being a jerk.” Before Pinkie or Fluttershy could say anything, Applejack said, “Ya’ll are adorable together, and I know that you’ll take care of each other.” She turned to Applebloom, “You best be home by the time I get there.”

“Fine,” Applebloom grumbled and headed home.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash began walking towards Rainbow’s house. Applejack was thinking back to the dinner and her behavior. “Rainbow, can I ask you something?”

“Ugh, what is it now?”

“Nothing. Never mind.”

Rainbow stopped and faced Applejack, “Look. I know what you’re gonna ask, so let’s skip ahead to the answer. You’re a good friend. You don’t want to break up Fluttershy and Pinkie, you want to look out for them.” She put her hoof on Applejack’s shoulder, “We’re lucky to have you as a friend. Now can you please drop this?”

Applejack smiled, “Ok, consider it dropped.” She looked up and said, “Well, that was quicker than I was hoping.”

“Hoping?”

“Um, I like hanging out with ya.”

“Yeah, you’re fun.” Rainbow flew up to her house.

Applejack saw her friend, and she saw the rock sail through the air. Before she could shout a warning to Rainbow, the rock struck the pegasus in the head.

Rainbow let out a cry of pain and fell to the ground.

Applejack ran as hard as she could, and she felt relieved when she saw Rainbow stirring and trying to get up. Her relief ended when she heard somepony shouting.

“Get them!”

Once again on instinct, Applejack threw herself on the wounded pony, and braced herself for what was about to happen. Nothing happened for what felt like minutes. All Applejack could hear was her breathing and Rainbow’s attempts to keep from crying. Applejack was about to say something comforting to Rainbow when the first rock struck her hard on her back. Applejack protected her head with her forelegs, and she made certain that as much of her body covered Rainbow’s.

The rocks just kept striking Applejack and she gritted her teeth focusing on protecting her friend. As much as the rocks hurt, Rainbow’s occasional whimper when parts of her were exposed were struck, hurt Applejack much more. After an eternity, the rocks stopped. Applejack tried to get up and make certain these ponies would never walk the same way again, but the pain kept her down. Her heart jumped into her throat when she heard one of the ponies speak.

“That’s enough for them. Let’s get the other two. I think the yellow one lives in that tree cottage outside of town.”

Applejack heard the ponies run off, but she couldn’t tell how many there were. She groaned and rose to a seating position. A quick glance at Rainbow told her that she was spared the worst of it. Rainbow was bleeding from her head and she was struggling to stay conscious. She had bruises and cuts on her hip and hind legs. Applejack helped her up to her hooves.

“What happened,” Rainbow asked.

“Someponies decided to prove me right.”

Rainbow tried to reply, but she lost her balance and fell over.

“Now stay with me Rainbow. Go to Twilight’s house. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“What’s going on AJ?”

“Those ponies are headed to Fluttershy’s.”

Rainbow jumped up and stumbled into Applejack. She took a good look at the earth pony and gasped. Applejack was covered in bruises and cuts. “Applejack you’re really hurt. We need to get you to the hospital.”

Applejack shook her head, “Sorry. No can do. I have to get to Fluttershy’s.” She turned to run, but Rainbow grabbed her tail.

“Applejack, let’s go together.”

“You can’t go, RD. You hurt her head.” Applejack hugged Rainbow and said, “I have to get to Fluttershy’s and warn her and Pinkie.”

“The hay I can’t! They’re my friends too, and I’m not gonna-“

“Rainbow, please,” Applejack shouted tears falling from her eyes.

Rainbow looked into her friend’s eyes and sighed. “Ok Applejack. I’ll head to Twilight’s, but you bring those two over, got it?”

“Got it.”

Applejack ran off as best she could, and Rainbow made her way toward the library. She stopped, “No way. I have to help Applejack.” Rainbow turned and ran after Applejack hoping that they will arrive in time to save their friends.

---

Fluttershy sat outside her front door with a smile on her face. Pinkie insisted on checking her cottage for any death traps that might have been installed.

“Fluttershy, I don’t trust this thing.”

The yellow pony giggled and said, “Pinkie, that’s only Angel Bunny. I don’t think he’s a bomb.”

Pinkie leaned out the window, “I don’t think you should take that chance.”

Fluttershy walked up to Pinkie and gave her a hug, “I’ll be fine.”

“If you say so. Here’s your bunny bomb.” Pinkie passed Angel Bunny to Fluttershy but accidentally dropped him.

Fluttershy ducked down and caught him just as a rock hit the windowsill. She spun around and saw four ponies, each levitating rocks. Fluttershy stumbled back and tried to call for Pinkie who was whistling a tune as she continued her search for traps.

“Now it’s your turn.” One of the ponies hurled a rock at Fluttershy and it was stopped before it struck her. Fluttershy saw a shimmering form in front of her and recognized it.

The shimmering form moved away from Fluttershy, and time slowed to a crawl. The form flew away from her and began attacking the four ponies.

It lifted two in the air and dropped them to the ground. Another threw their rocks at it and, she was rewarded with the very same rocks thrown back at her. The last pony stumbled and fell to the ground. He stared in fear at the shimmering form before him, and his eyes grew wide when the brick he planned on using on Fluttershy was now poised overhead. The brick hovered for a moment then slowly tilted back. The pony closed his, but they snapped open when he heard a pony cry out.

“Stop,” Fluttershy screamed as she jumped in front of the pony. She looked to the form and said, “Please, don’t do this.” She felt something in her head, almost a scratching, but she understood it. Fluttershy shook her head, “Yes, I know he planned on hurting me, but he didn’t. You saved me, so you don’t have to hurt him.” She smiled as the brick dropped to the ground, “Thank you.”

Pinkie stood at the door and ran to Fluttershy. The form sensed this new ‘threat’ and flew towards the pink pony.

Fluttershy ran as fast as she could and screamed, “No! Not her!”

---

“Dang it Rainbow. I thought I told you to go to Twilight’s house.”

Rainbow grinned at Applejack, “I know you did. I just ignored you.”

The two ponies were almost at Fluttershy’s cottage, and when they arrived, they couldn’t believe their eyes. Three ponies lay unconscious, and Fluttershy was standing between Pinkie and what looked like a blue ball of energy.

“Is that a ghost,” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know, but Fluttershy can’t take it on by herself.” Rainbow tried to run forward but fell to the ground. Her vision blurred, and she nearly lost consciousness. She knew that shaking her head would make things worse, so she just motioned for Applejack to help her up.

The orange pony obliged, and supported Rainbow as they made their way to Fluttershy. “Fluttershy,” Applejack shouted, “Ya need any help?”

The ball of energy seemed to turn towards Applejack and suddenly flew off towards the Everfree Forest. Fluttershy turned and gave Pinkie a hug.

“Were those ponies about to hurt you,” Pinkie asked.

“Yes. I tried to call for you, but I was too scared.”

Pinkie gave her a hug, “I’m sorry. What was that thing?”

Fluttershy scratched her head and said, “I think that was the voice I met in the ruins.”

“Well just to be safe, Fluttershy should stay with Pinkie for tonight,” Applejack said. She helped Rainbow stand on her own, and said as she saw her trying to stay awake, “I’m gonna take Rainbow over to Twilight’s and get her patched up. Fluttershy, can you do anything for her?”

“I’ll try.” Fluttershy looked Rainbow’s injury over carefully and sighed, “This looks really bad. I don’t have the right medicine right now. I was hoping to go to the hospital and restock my first aid kit.”

“It’s alright sugarcube. Let’s just head to Twilight’s.”

“Why Twilight’s,” Pinkie asked, “And what are we gonna do about these meanies?”

“Twilight’s house is closer than the hospital. If she tells us that Rainbow here needs to get to the hospital, then I’ll head straight there. Besides, I reckon that she’ll want to know about this ghost thing that saved you. As for these three, tie em up. I’ll have Twilight send a letter for a guard to pick em up.” Applejack carefully placed Rainbow Dash onto her back. After Pinkie and Fluttershy tied the ponies up, the three ponies began walking towards the library.

The walk was quiet, but Fluttershy was worried about Applejack. “Um, Applejack?”

“Yeah, Fluttershy?”

“I know you’re worried about Rainbow, but you’re hurt too.”

Applejack sighed, but didn’t stop walking, “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hurting, but Rainbow was hit clean in the head. On top of that, she hit her head again when she hit the ground.”

Pinkie nodded, “Yeah, but what happened to you?”

“When I heard the ponies shout, I threw myself on top of Rainbow to protect her. I made sure my head was ok, but the rest of me took a beating.”

“Ok, I’m sure Twilight has a proper first aid kit at the library. I’ll take care of your wounds there.”

“Rainbow’s injury’s more important.”

Fluttershy shook her head, “Twilight can take care of her. I can take care of you.”

Applejack sighed in defeat, “Ok, you win. Just don’t blame me if I call you some unpleasant names when you hit me with that iodine.”

Pinkie laughed, “That stuff stings, but I’m sure Fluttershy will be gentle with you.”

Soon the ponies arrived at the Ponyville Library, and Pinkie pounded on the door.

The lights came on and Spike opened the door. He stared at Applejack for a moment before turning around and shouting, “Twilight, get up! Applejack’s been hurt.”

Soon, Rainbow Dash was on the couch and Twilight was tending to her injury. “It doesn’t look serious, but it’s a good thing you brought her here.”

“Thanks, Twi. I was plumb worried about her.” Applejack was pacing back and forth with an annoyed Fluttershy trying to clean her wounds.

“I can tell. You might want to let Fluttershy take care of your injuries.”

“What? Ow!” Applejack stopped and Fluttershy bumped into her. “Oh sorry sugarcube. I guess I’m a lousy patient when I’m worried.”

Fluttershy smiled, “It’s alright, Applejack. You’re worried about Rainbow Dash.” She waited for Applejack to sit down and she began treating the orange pony’s wounds. Applejack was lucky since most of them were scrapes and a few cuts. “I’m almost done.” Fluttershy carefully placed bandages on the worst of Applejack’s cuts, and soon the workpony was looking much better.

“Thanks Fluttershy. You sure do good work.”

Before Fluttershy could reply, she was in a tackle hug from Pinkie who said, “She sure does.”

Applejack smiled and sat down next to Rainbow Dash, “How’re ya holding up?”

“She’s a little drowsy from the medication and needs to rest,” Twilight said.

“If you think that’s for the best, Twi.” Applejack looked around the room, “Would it be alright if I stayed the night? It’s just that if I go home, I’ll be tossing and turning with worry.”

Twilight smiled, “Sure thing Applejack. I’ll bring you my sleeping bag.”

“I appreciate it Twi.”

Spike entered the living room with a tray of cookies, “Here you go girls. Oh, and I sent a letter to the princess letting her know about those ponies you tied up. She said that she sent some pegasi to collect them.”

“What’ll happen to them,” Fluttershy asked.

Spike shrugged and said, “I don’t know. They’ll go to jail for sure. I mean, look what they did to Rainbow and Applejack.”

“Not to mention they were planning on hitting ya’ll with a brick too.” Applejack put a hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder, “Don’t be feeling any sympathy for them, ya hear me?”

Fluttershy nodded, “You’re right. They hurt my friends and were about to hurt me too.” She turned to Pinkie who was nervously playing with her tail, “Pinkie you didn’t know. Don’t feel bad.”

“I don’t know why my Pinkie sense didn’t sense it.”

“It was probably because nothing fell, but you yourself have said that it’s vague,” Twilight said.

Fluttershy smiled, “I’m fine, and I know you would have helped me.” She turned to Twilight, “Would it be alright if we stayed here too. Pinkie’s sleepy, and I’m too scared to go back home. I mean if you don’t mind. I can help Pinkie home. I’ll do that-“

“All of you are welcome to stay. I’ll head to the basement and gather some more sleeping bags.”

“Oh and bring that recorder-thingy,” Pinkie shouted.

Twilight turned around, “Why?”

Pinkie said, “Well, I’m too nervous to get any sleep, and since we’re here, Fluttershy should finish her story.”

Twilight nodded, “That sounds like a great idea, but only if Applejack is ok with it. She and Rainbow both need their rest.” She turned to Applejack, “Are you ok with me finishing my interview with Fluttershy?”

Applejack wasn’t paying attention as her focus was on the now sleeping pegasus. She was holding Rainbow’s hoof and carefully stroking her mane. Twilight tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around. “Sorry Twi, what’s up?”

“I asked if it’s alright if I finish my interview with Fluttershy.”

Applejack nodded, “Sure. I don’t mind. I’m interested in what happened.”

“Great! I’ll get the recorder and the sleeping bags. Applejack can you give me a hoof?”

“Sure thing,” Applejack said and followed Twilight down to the basement. Once they reached the foot of the basement stairs Twilight stopped Applejack.

“I think the spare sleeping bags are in these boxes.” The unicorn searched through a box and said, “Here we go.” She levitated the recorder along with extra crystals into the box and placed it on her back.

“Twi, if you don’t need my help, why’d you ask me to come down with ya?”

Twilight looked at Applejack, “Well, I want to ask you something.”

“Ok, I take it that it’s pretty important if you want to ask in private.”

Twilight nodded, “It is. I noticed how you’re behaving around Rainbow, and before you say anything, I’m sure you’d be concerned about any of your friends. The thing is, you seem to be beating yourself up over the fact she was hurt.”

“Twi, I saw the rock flying to Rainbow, and I froze. I tried to warn her, but I wasn’t fast enough.” She turned to Twilight and asked, “What’re you smiling at?”

“I might be reading too much into it, but it seems your concern for her is more than as a friend.” Twilight nudged Applejack gently, “Well?”

Applejack looked Twilight in the eyes, took a deep breath, and said, “I’ll be upstairs.”

Twilight shrugged as best she could, “I guess the easiest way to keep from lying is to say nothing at all.” She quickly made her way up the stairs and soon had the recorder set up. Twilight smiled at Fluttershy, “Ok now where were we?”

“I was talking about what happened after I was separated from my body.”

Applejack was already by Rainbow’s side and resting her head on the couch. She turned to Fluttershy and asked, “I know you already talked to Twilight about some of this, but can you fill me in?”

Fluttershy nodded, “Of course, One day, I was in the Everfree Forest and stumbled into some ruins. I was scared, but I found my way outside. When I looked up, I saw the sky. I flew up and something hit me, causing me to get separated from my body.”

“Were ya hurt?”

Fluttershy shook her head, “No I was fine.”

Twilight looked at Applejack, “It’s getting late, so we should finish this.”

“Sounds good to me.” Applejack turned so she could keep a better watch on Rainbow.

Fluttershy cleared her throat and said, “Well, after I saw my body hit the ground and I heard the voice-“

“I’m sorry, but did the voice say anything?”

“I don’t remember, Twilight. I only remember what it felt like, and it felt lonely.

Twilight jotted something down on her notes, “I see. I’m sorry, please continue.”

Fluttershy nodded, “I floated down to my body and-“

“Sorry, but how did you know how to float?”

Fluttershy scratched her head, “I don’t know. I guess it was like when I glide down to the ground, I didn’t think about it.”

“I see. Ok sorry, I promise not to interrupt.”

“It’s alright. I took a look at my body, and I felt the voice tell me how to get back.” Fluttershy frowned and said, “I wish I could tell you exactly what happened, but I don’t remember it all.”

Pinkie gave Fluttershy a hug, “It’s alright. What happened after you got your body back?”

Fluttershy leaned against Pinkie’s neck, “After that, I flew up to the canopy, and-” She turned to Twilight, “I just remembered something!”

Twilight jumped at the sudden outburst, “What? What did you remember?”

“Before I got back to my body, I saw something. It was a room. I remember that it was a big circle, and there were five circles in a semi-circle with a sixth one between the points. It looked like a Princess Luna’s cutie mark.”

Twilight tapped her chin with a hoof, “Ok, I better let the princess know about this. The ruins may be linked to Princess Luna.” She turned to tell Spike to write the letter, but saw that he was asleep. “I guess it can wait until morning.” She turned back to Fluttershy, “What happened after that?”

“That’s it. I got my body back, and I flew out of the forest back home. You were waiting for me and you asked if I wa alright.”

“Why didn’t you tell me what happened?”

“I was still scared. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” Twilight levitated a map to the table. “Can you point out where the ruins are?”

Fluttershy looked at the map and after a few minutes pointed to a spot, “I think it’s there, but I’m not sure.”

“Ok, we can check it out tomorrow.” Twilight marked the spot and rolled up the map, “Good night, everypony.”

“Good night, Twilight,” Fluttershy said before she rested her head on Pinkie’s side. The pink pony’s soft breathing did a world of good to comfort the terrified pony. Fluttershy turned to Applejack and asked, “How is she?”

“I think she’ll be ok.” Applejack laughed and said, “Ya know, Twilight actually asked if I worry more about Rainbow than I do the rest of ya’ll.”

“Well, do you?”

Applejack turned to face Fluttershy, “I care for all my friends.”

“I know, but do you think there might be something special between you and Rainbow?”

“Ok, just stop. I ain’t like that, and neither is she. She’s my friend and I want to make sure she wakes up in the morning.”

Fluttershy looked away, “I see. I’m sorry that I’m like that.”

Applejack reached toward Fluttershy, but she didn’t want to let go of Rainbow. She lowered her head and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad, but I’m not like you and Pinkie. I’m gonna marry a colt, raise a family, and keep Sweet Apple Acres going. That’s me. It’s who I am.”

Fluttershy nodded and said with a small smile, “I forgive you. I guess it’s hard to say that you aren’t like that without making it sound bad.”

“You have no idea, sugarcube.”

The two ponies shared a laugh and soon both fell asleep. Each one close to the one that helped them greet each new day with a smile.