• ...
 12
 1,648

First Relevations

"She WHAT?!" Jonas' attitude went straight from concerned to absolute panic, "Seria is not a fighter! She is like a mother! What was Lady Myre thinking!?"

Everypony and person gathered around in the center of the library's grand, open hall. The news was obviously not easy for Jonas to hear, although the only two who could really understand were Richter and Kyria. It was obvious that Jonas was going to go against the wishes of note, he had to go keep Seria safe. She took him in when nobody else would, there would be no way he would let her off to support the war effort without him to protect her.

Jonas' voice started to shudder as his objection to her leaving grew, "Guys, we have to head off to Hendon Myre. So long as Seria is out of reach, your paths home are as good as impossible to reach"

Twilight's gaze slowly scanned across her friends, each giving a concerned yet determined look. It was clear to Twilight that there was no arguing with a situation she was still unfamiliar with. "Ok" Twilight had agreed in a stern and straightforward voice, "We have to make sure Seria is safe, she is our only way back home..."

Kyria intervened, "Don't you six think you are getting a little over your heads? I mean, you're ponies... And not anything too threatening, in fact each of you look like you belong in a kids show" Kyria hadn't meant to demean the ponies through her realization, she just simply wanted to point out the journey had been dangerous. The mere mention of having a dangerous time ahead simply raised the fervor of Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy had always cowered from conflicts, and this wasn't about to change, and Twilight kept her level head and rationalized that it had to be done for the good of not only the ponies, but for Seria.

"Ya'll have your family t' care for ya, once they're gone, they're gone" Applejack's eyes faultered, " Ah know what that's like..."

"Yeah! We got your back, I'll take down anything that tries to hurt her!" Rainbow flew up in the air and dashed between the crowd as a passion that had grown inside her became visible to anybody talking to her.

Richter laughed at the energy erupting from the two ponies but had to stop himself, "I like your styles ladies but the world is dangerous, and without magic, you're gonna need weapons..." His voice became serious until he laughed at the thought, "Hey Applejack, how do you think you could handle a revolver?"

Applejack and Kyria both looked at her in the same way but with two completely different questions:

"What's a revolver?"

"You do know she has no fingers right?"

Richter gave a sly smile as he began to appreciate his genius, "A revolver my dear, is a six shot gun with a little revolving area for the bullets" He thought his explanation would be simple until he realized that the pony had no idea what a bullet was. For the next few minutes, Richter explained all about guns and how they worked and what they were used for.

Applejack, who was beginning to understand the idea, still kept the confused look, but with a different question, "So why do you think ah might be able t' use one of these revolver things effectively?"

Richter gave another sly smile, "You remind me a lot of me when I was little, just trust me..."

"You know, this bonding is great and all but it still doesn't answer my question as to how you expect a pony to wield a revolver, much less like an Empyrian ranger!" Kyria's lack of faith in Richter was as plain as the sky was blue.

"Linus might have some ideas, heck, if he hasn't come up with something by now then I'm sure he would be able to forge something before the end of the coming day! And I'm willing to bet my prized Rude Boy Jack on it." Richter hesitated at the mention of bringing up his prized revolver. It wasn't often that you found a revolver light enough to hold on your finger, yet sturdy enough to hit with a boulder.

"Haha, well this will definitely be funny to watch, alright. Hey Jonas, why don't we get a little rest before we have to move out to Hendon Myre tomorrow?" Kyria's voice was still a little lighter from laughing at the thought of a gun slinging pony.

"Yeah, but I'm not going to leave these ponies alone. Even sometimes Elvenguard can't be trusted at night"

The three humans nodded in unison as each had noticed the light on the window started to fade.

Night fell early upon Elvenguard, the trees ensure that the place had been surrounded by it's own artificial lighting or the lighting of fireflies. It was far from a bad thing, in fact, night time in Elvenguard was beautiful, each light had a style derived from ancient elven architecture. The lights had had a few swirls along the edge, but mostly rough, jagged points that had illuminated the makeshift cobblestone streets of the town. Across the horizon, the lake had started to glow a bright orange as the final burst of sun illuminated it to the town of Elvenguard. Even though Twilight had a lot to think about, she certainly had to stop and take a moment to really enjoy the area in the break of the trees. She had almost a new take on life as Elvenguard's beauty settled in on her. She closed her eyes for a slight second to take a breath and relax.

What she saw nearly threw her backwards. When she closed her eyes, the image of the world disappeared, yet, she could still see the presence of things around her. It was a slight blur, but she could see the blurs of colors around her where companions went off to. She looked to her left to find her image clouded in pure blue, which made her open in her eyes in fright. Sitting next to her, where the blur was, was Jonas, who had also decided to sit himself down and enjoy the beauty of what was sure to be his last night in Elvenguard for a while.

"I knew that I would have to say goodbye eventually..." He said in a lamenting tone, his head drooped down to the ground before his feet, "But I always put it out of my mind, I sorta hoped this could have been my permanent home"

Twilight wasn't fully sure of the situation but took a guess, "It has something to do with your arm doesn't it?"
The question had no intention of being hurtful, but it made Jonas cringe.

"This damn thing has caused me so much trouble in my life. I know it's no use dwelling on things in the past, but I just wish I could change some things" His gaze went back to the lake.

Twilight had become curious but decided to save her comments so she wouldn't hurt him further. She just wanted to sit and take in the sights of this new world before her. There would be so much to learn, so much to see, so much to do, but her mind kept telling her to close her eyes again. Like an eager filly, she quickly closed her eyes again to see the world as she had before, but nothing appeared. She couldn't keep herself from getting somewhat frustrated that she couldn't see the world as she had before.

Jonas looked at her with more curiosity, "You ok Twilight?"

Twilight stopped trying to think about it again and just not explain things fully, "Yeah, I just thought I saw something"

Twilight wasn't sure what set him off, but his expression sprung to life, "Wait, Twilight, what did you see?"

Somewhat confused Twilight just replied as best as she could, "Uh... It was like I saw the life of things expressed through colors."

She still wasn't sure what she said, but he quickly ran off in the direction of the library, telling her to stay there. He was back almost a few minutes later with an old brown book, certainly not old by comparison to some of the things Celestia had kept, but old by normal standards, it read The Legendary Slayers. Twilight was sure he was getting somewhere with this, but still couldn't help her confused look.

"Ahh... here is the page." Jonas began to read from a section on a specific man, "The Asura G.S.D. : The third of a group of slayers who had fought off the evils of the Screaming Cavern to save Roxie from the curse of Kazan and hopefully end the last of the Black Crusade revivals. He had given up his eyesight to Kazan for near omnipotence. G.S.D. The demon in his body graciously accepted it's new position of power over G.S.D.'s body, it linked with his life force and gave him the ability to manipulate the forces of the world around him. These forces had been known by many scholars as waves." A note on the side of the page had been kept to explain waves, "Waves are the basic outline of magic, people who could manipulate waves are different from users of magic, as magic is a combination of wave energy and physical elements, waves are the raw outline of almost everything on this world" The note cut off and Jonas began to read the page further, "G.S.D. used his ability to manipulate waves to help the group of slayers defeat the last of the Black Crusade, and hopefully remove the last trace of evil from the world."

Twilight didn't know what to make of it. She had just been told that she shared the power of a great hero of their world. As soon as the thought began to excite her. She began to remember what he said, "Did you just say that he had to give up his eyesight...?"

"Well Twilight, that's what has me so confused, you accomplished what he could only do after infusing with Kazan" His thoughts turned grim, "Twilight, I think you have been cursed by Kazan..."

Twilight's pupil retracted at the sound of the news, "I'VE BEEN WHAT?" She knew getting scared wasn't going to help anything but she still couldn't shake the fear that grabbed a hold of her.

"It's the conclusion I'm coming to Twilight, but normally victims of the Kazan curse get deranged at the initial contact with the demon. It's leading me to believe that you have something special about you that's keeping him at bay. Allowing you to harvest his power without actually succumbing to it"

This lightened the expression on Twilight's face, but not by much. She still couldn't believe that inside of her, a demon was festering, but what about her could stop the demon from growing... The realization hit her like an apple falling from a tree. "It's got to be the Elements of Harmony..."