• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,311 Views, 13 Comments

Sombra the Wandering Hero of Justice - midashguy



Sombra is sentanced to a life of being the ultimate good guy.

  • ...
4
 13
 1,311

The Sombero, The Showmare, and the Rock Farm

Sombra stayed quiet most of the time. He preferred action rather then discussion. Which wasn't much of a problem as Trixie was talking enough for both of them.

"- and she just humiliated Trixie in front of everypony. Just like that, can you believe it?" She asked. Sombra hadn't been paying much attention.

"Oh, yea. Sure." He sighed. Trixie smiled.

"Your such a good listener, most ponies don't want to hear about poor Trixie's problems."

"Mmhmm, sure, ok." Sombra mumbled.

"So, where are you going?" Trixie asked out of the blue. Sombra froze for a moment, contemplating a lie. He heaved a long sigh.

"No. Not really. I got no place to be." He admitted.

"Hm. Trixie has it the same way. Doomed to wander, yes?" She replied casually, as if it as simply a fact of life.

"Doomed to wander..." Sombra echoed hollowly.

That was Celestia's plan all along wasn't it? Sombra thought. She had no intent to kill me. She wants to watch me squirm. Either that or hope I'll change my ways somewhere along the road.


"So, Trixie wonders where your from?" She asked in an attempt to keep the conversation going.

"Crystal Empire actually." Sombra grinned. "I intend to go back there eventually."

"Oh? Why aren't you there now?" Trixie wondered.

"I...I messed up I guess. I can either try again or do something else with my life. I doubt I will though." Sombra shrugged.

"Trixie is also looking for something new."

"Hmf." Sombra huffed.

"Trixie thinks she sees our destination." She smiled.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"This is the most miserable excuse for civilization I have ever had the misfortune to be in the presence of." Sombra hissed, glaring at a few small wooden buildings huddled together in the middle of nothingness.

"Oh, lighten up. These kind rock farmers were nice enough to help Trixie in the past, but she was too obsessed with herself at the time to thank them." Trixie smiled weakly. "She hopes to have a chance to thank them properly this time."

The duo continued on through the town, getting a few odd looks from the dreary locals. Ignoring them the best Sombra could, they walked another half mile before reaching a farm house that looked like it might just have been older then Sombra himself.

He almost chuckled at that idea.

Almost.



"Hello?" Trixie called out to what appeared to be a rather empty farm house.


"My my my. Look who it is Igneous." a mare sid, stepping out of the farmhouse. "Trixie, so good to see you!"

Trixie smiled. "You too ma'am."

"And it appears you brought a friend." a stallion noted.

"Found him while I was headed here." Trixie shrugged, her tendency of talking in third person seemingly forgotten. "Couldn't just leave a stranger in the middle of nowhere, huh? Sombrero this is Cloudy Quartz and Igneous. "

"Um. Hello." Sombra stuttered.

"I wanted to thank you, for helping me before." Trixie said awkwardly.

"Hm. Always ready to help a stranger." Igneous nodded. "Now come inside. There are...things lurking about."

"Things?" Sombra asked.

Igneous seemed to shudder. "They aren't natural I tell ya. Livin rocks. They make a terrible mess of the farm."

Sombra's eyes narrowed. "Show me." Igneous just glared back.

"Just what do you think you can do? Look at you, dolled up like them Canterlot folk. I bet you ain't never seen a rock in your life."

Sombra growled, "I know more than a thing or two."

"Prove it." Igneous said with an amazing straight face. Sombra could only sputter before storming off angrily. He'd show them. He would show them all.

"I should...Probably make sure he doesn't get lost. Heh." Trixie said with a fake laugh, before hurrying after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"You know you don't have to come." Sombra sighed.

"Why are you helping them anyway? You looked ready to strangle him." Trixie asked, ignoring the question.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not helping them. I'm showing a couple of stupid ignorant peasant farmers what for."

Trixie shoved him, "Hey! They took Trixie in when she had nothing."

"Alright alright, calm down." Sombra muttered.

"Hey, I doubt you've ever been stuck with nothing." Trixie accused. Sombra tensed, the words stung.

"Let me tell you something." He seethed, "When you have absolutely nothing to be grateful for, I'll let you know. Sleeping in the dirt is luxury compared to the things I endured."

Sombra stormed off, leaving behind a mare just shaking her head.

"One of these days Trixie is just going to travel without picking up weirdos on the side of the road." She said with a sigh, trotting after him. She ended up finding him behind a shrub.

"What are you doing?" Trixie asked.

"Shh, get down or they might see you." Sombra calmly instructed. Trixie huddled next to him behind the bush.

"Who might see us?" She wondered.

"Golems." He said, not quite fearfully, but cautious.

"What's a golem?" Trixie asked.

"Enchanted living rock. Not usually very friendly, and not very easy to destroy." Sombra explained.

"Oh dear." Trixie said, rather worried. "So what do we do?"

"Well..." He trailed off, looking at her horn with a smile. "How good are you with magic?"

Author's Note:

Do not expect new chapters very quickly. This often took a paragraph a week.