• Published 18th Aug 2014
  • 863 Views, 5 Comments

Doctor Whooves Rewind - sparkypchu



What if the first pony the Doctor met was....everypony.

  • ...
1
 5
 863

Prologue

"Doctor, come to the Ood Sphere. We have much to discuss."

The message wrote itself across the Psychic Paper followed by Spatial and Temporal coordinates.

"Really? Now?" said the rather annoyed Doctor at the paper, "But I was just about to go to Space Hawaii!"

The Doctor groaned and put the Psychic Paper into his coat pocket. He began to flip switches and turn dials in a much slower and grumpier way than usual. He had just placed his hand on the Wibbly Lever when a thought hit him.

"Wait a tick, I'm in a time machine! I can go there any time I want. I can pop in there yesterday if I wanted to."

The Doctor began a sort of dance around the console in which he flipped switches and pushed buttons in a seemingly random way. The TARDIS began to wake from its drifting slumber and roar to life.

"Why am I so clever? Space Hawaii here I come!"

With that he flipped a final level and fell back onto his comfy chair that was stationed near the console. For a moment he relaxed.

Then a warning flashed on one of the screens. Unfortunately the screen was too far away for the Doctor to see the message, and the Doctor was too comfy in his chair. The Doctor groaned once more.

"TARDIS, activate voice commands!"

"Voice commands activated." said a rather feminine, yet robotic voice that filled the TARDIS, "You have one warning message."

"Read it please." The Doctor said, leaning back in his chair.

"Warning: Crack-in-time anomaly detected. Collision imminent. Please adjust course."

"Wait, wha-"

The Doctor couldn't finish his thought as the TARDIS lurched forward. The Doctor was flung out of his seat and was unable to keep on his feet. He fell forward and hit his head on the console. The last thing he saw before blacking out was the TARDIS control room changing in very slight ways.

***

"Ow...my head." The Doctor said with a groan.

He opened his eyes and immediately felt like something was wrong. Other than the headache he felt....off. Like he wasn't quite himself.

"Wait...did I regenerate?" The Doctor asked aloud.

"Negative." replied the TARDIS, "Wounds were not great enough to start regeneration."

"Oh, good. The voice command is still on. Question. What happened?"

"We collided with the anomaly and entered a different universe. We landed in orbit around a planet."

"Oh okay. That's different. New universe. Any major difference in the laws of nature?"

"Affirmative. There are two major differences. First is of a magical energy that seems to be in all matter. Second is that the default shape of all intelligent beings is no longer humanoid but equine."

"Equine? Like horses?"

"Affirmative, but more of a smaller horse."

"A pony?"

"Affirmative."

The Doctor continued staring upwards towards the top of the control room. After a few moments he decided it was time to get up. He pushed himself up onto his feet, standing upright.

He immediately felt three things:
1. Everything seemed ever so slightly lower, as if he were too tall.
2. He felt his sudden lack of toes which lead to...
3. He was losing his balance.

The Doctor fell forward and attempted to use his hands to break his fall. In a form of flinching he had closed his eyes and waited for face to have a nice meeting with TARDIS floor...but no such thing happened. Confused, the Doctor opened his eyes and saw two light brown protrusions making contact with the floor.

To test a theory the Doctor moved his right arm, the right protrusion moved. He pushed up on his hands and he seemed to stand up taller.

"Wait, did I become equine as well? TARDIS, are you sure no regeneration took place?"

"Positive."

"Okay. So that means when I hit the time anomaly and fell into this universe I was changed ever so slightly to match this universe's laws of nature. That makes sense. Also, ponies are quadrupeds which will take a bit of getting used too."

The Doctor moved a front hoof forward and a back hoof forward. Other front hoof, other back hoof. Front hoof. Back hoof. Front. Back.

After a few minutes of awkward movement he seemed to have a good trot going.

"I'm gonna have to work on that. I'm sure I have an awful lot of galloping to do."

He walked up to the console where a large screen was hanging. On four legs the console seemed at a perfect height rather than when he was standing on two.

"TARDIS, use the Sonic Scanners to analyze me."

With that there was a sound which was similar to that of a Sonic Screwdriver but at a lower octave. The sound cut off and the hanging screen displayed a little light brown pony with a dark brown mane and tail. On both of his flanks was an hourglass. To the left of the pony streamed data.

"Hmmm....Stomach is better suited to digestion of plant matter. Taste buds are differently tuned to grasses and flowers. Guess that means I'm vegetarian now....Abnormal muscle strength in the hooves and leg area...Now thats odd. A slight unknown magnetism in the hooves. Looks like there's a sort of gland here at the base of the hoof that can strengthen and weaken an odd sort of magnetic field at will."

The Doctor looked at his hoof and attempted to activate the gland. Nothing happened. He placed the hoof to his chin and contemplated.

"Hmm...Maybe ponies can walk on metal walls."

The Doctor tried to put his hoof down but it was stuck to his chin.

"What?......Oh! Good! TARDIS, Sonic Scanners!"

The scanners sounded once more and the stream of data changed on the screen. The Doctor began to read it.

"The gland is magnetised...to my chin? Hmm...Ah, it seems this magnetism is linked to the magical energy in this universe. Every object has this energy in its matter. When I activate this hoof gland I attract the matter to my hoof. Now why would that be useful in a pony?"

The Doctor let go of his chin and looked at his hoof. He examined it in detail. He looked back to the console where his Sonic Screwdriver lay. He walked closer to the console and placed his hoof on the Screwdriver. He activated the gland and picked up his hoof. The Screwdriver came up with it. He tried a little harder and the Screwdriver lit up and began to produce sonic waves.

"That's it! Hands! Ponies don't have hands so they need these magical magnet glands to pick up things and hold them. Now THAT is clever."

The Doctor looked at the Screwdriver, turning it off, and down to his torso and leg.

"Hmm...No pockets. No clothes at all for that matter. I'm not going to church so I need to put on something. TARDIS, are there any large databanks around? Anything to inform me about this universe's customs?"

"Scanning...one large databank found. Name: Canterlot Archives."

"Canterlot? I wonder if that's just a coincidental pun. Add the data to the TARDIS databank."

"Yes, Doctor."

The Doctor put his Screwdriver back on the console and began to walk out of the control room. He walked down a corridor until he reached a door. He pressed a button next to the door and it opened.

Inside the room was an immense amount of clothes. From different regenerations, different times, different planets and galaxies. Oddly enough, all the clothes also changed in shape to meet a more pony-shaped body.

"Well, that's convenient." The Doctor said to himself.

The Doctor dressed in the pony counterpart of his normal attire: blue suit and pants, long brown jacket, red shoes. He even put on his I'm-being-clever glasses. He was looking at himself in the mirror when the TARDIS spoke.

"Data collection complete."

"Good. What's the custom on clothes?"

"Ponies of older times wore a lot of clothes including: pants, shirts, hats, and shoes. Contemporary ponies wear a lot less clothes normally if anything at all. Mainly ponies wear accessories such as: necklaces, glasses, hats, et cetera. Shirts are also occasionally worn, but pants aren't really popular as ponies don't like covering their flanks."

"Okay then. Might need to change a bit."

The Doctor took off his long jacket, pants, and shoes. He was left with his suit jacket, white shirt underneath, and his tie. He took off his glasses and put them in his pocket.

"Gallifreyan pockets, bigger on the inside." he said to himself.

He looked at himself in the mirror and admired his new look. He then noticed the mark on his flank.

"I don't remember having a tattoo in this regeneration. TARDIS, what is this hourglass?"

"That is a cutie mark. It is part of the pony that appears while they are young. The cutie mark appears when the pony in question finds a field in which they are talented in. Some cutie marks can be obscure and need interpreting while others are obvious."

"I see. Well I guess mine represents time since I'm a time traveler. I like it!"

The Doctor left the room and went back to the control room. He picked up his Sonic Screwdriver and Psychic Paper, placing both in his pockets.

"Well, my little TARDIS, do you know what time it is?"

"About 7:36 AM according to the timezone we're currently above."

The Doctor facehoofed.

"The correct answer was..." he mumbled, "...Time to go!"

The Doctor pulled a lever and the TARDIS came to life. The Time Rotor began to move up and down. The familiar sound of the TARDIS began to fill the room. He started to press other buttons and pull other levers.

"You know what?" he said flipping a switch, "Let's allow the Randomizer to pick our destination. Make it a surprise. I do enjoy those."

He placed his hoof on the Wibbly lever.

"Allons-y!"

With that he pulled the lever and flung the TARDIS into the time vortex where it bounced and spun through time and space.

The Doctor grinned widely as his TARDIS worked like a well oiled, timey wimey machine. The TARDIS noises stopped with a deep thud indicating landing. The Doctor flipped the Wibbly lever back. He walked to the doors of the TARDIS and took a deep breath.

"Doctor, one warning message."

The Doctor let out his breath in an annoyed sigh.

"I know the Chameleon Circuit is broken! I'll fix it later!"

The Doctor open the doors and left the TARDIS. On the console, a screen flashed a message.

'WARNING. DAMAGE CAUSED BY ANOMALY REACHING CRITICAL. TARDIS EXPLOSION IMMINENT. IN THE EVENT OF EXPLOSION BOTH DOCTOR AND TARDIS WILL BE PLACED IN A TIME LOOP."

Author's Note:

From this point any future chapter is a direct continuation since the Randomizer will always pick a random destination and the TARDIS exploding will always bring him back to here. I do hope you enjoy.