• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 526 Views, 2 Comments

Fate's Chosen - RidiculousPony



There is a force greater than even Celestia's magic: Fate. What has Fate planned for Harmony Fields?

  • ...
 2
 526

Chapter 0.5: A newspaper clipping

Canterlot Chronicle, June 18th

DEVASTATING EXPLOSION IN CANTERLOT MARKETPLACE
HUNDREDS DEAD – DAMAGE TOTALS MILLIONS OF BITS

Canterlot – More than 200 ponies are missing or dead after a massive explosion that occurred just after noon yesterday, June 17th. The magical detonation took place in the center of the Marketplace District, injuring many and leveling dozens of buildings, including two multistory mercantile mainstays: Shears, Applebuck & Co; and Mountgomery Ward. Current loss estimates are 200 dead, 300 injured, and 2.5 million bits in damage, but the full extent remains unknown as the rescue and cleanup efforts continue even now.

Princess Celestia, in a public appearance late last night, said "The particular magical residue from the explosion is preventing magic from assisting in the rescue efforts, but we have the full force of the royal guard on the task. To aid their efforts, my sister and I will be lengthening the day over Canterlot. If the visibility provided by sunlight has a chance to save even one pony in need of rescue, we have to try."

The cause of the explosion remains unknown, but detectives are working nonstop to learn more. A source within the royal guard suggested that terrorists are the most likely cause. No known terror group has claimed responsibility at this time.

This is a developing story and new information will be published in this evening's special emergency edition of the Canterlot Chronicle, provided free of charge at newsstands around the city.