• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,789 Views, 22 Comments

Who's Who - Write Holiday



It's another day in Ponyville. Birds sing, leaves sway, and Twilight tries a new spell. Oh, and she is in Fluttershy's body now, the spell kind of malfunctioned. Also Discord found out, that's another problem.

  • ...
6
 22
 1,789

It's a brand new day

Twilight falls, tired and worn out. For the past few hours she has been trying to turn an apple into an orange, and though she did this once she has yet to replicate it. "Ok, one more time." Her horn glows purple and the apple is encased by purple moving string. It slowly glows white but then back to red as she falls and stumbles down the stairs. "Why can't I do this?" She asks, ready to sleep.

Spike walks in, sweeping the floor. "Hey Twilight, are you ok?"

"Remember when I turned the apple to an orange? Well I can't seem to do that again. Any suggestions?"

"Well, I could go through your old books and try to find the spell."

"Thanks but no, I don't want to over work you. I'll give it one last shot and that'll be it." She gets up and walks back to her room, knowing she should have asked him to look. She does the spell, hoping it'll work. The window blows open and Fluttershy flies into the room.

"Twilight, please, we need your-" A strong wind picks up and sucks Fluttershy in. Twilight realizes this and tries to stop the spell, but it's too late. The wind sucks in Twilight and turns into a small tornado that encases the entire room. The tornado turns white and a bright flash goes off throughout the entire house. Spike runs in, rubbing his eyes.

"Twilight? Are you ok?" He looks at the room, shocked. Twilight stands up swaying and dizzy. "Twilight, thank goodness. I was worried."

"Spike? I'm not Twilight, I'm-" She stops herself frozen.

"Um, Twilight, are you feeling ok?" He looks over and sees Fluttershy standing up. "Fluttershy are you alright?"

"Spike, what are talking about, I'm Twilight..." Her face drops. "Wait, why do I sound like Fluttershy?" She looks over and sees her own body looking back, wide eyed and shaking.

"Ok, I'm a little freaked out." Spike says, filling the silent air.

"T-Twilight?" Fluttershy asks to her body. Her voice, her horn, her wings, her eyes, everything about her is Twilight except for the fact that it is really Fluttershy speaking.

"Ok, wait a minute." Fluttershy's voice says even though it's Twilight in Fluttershy's body. "Fluttershy, what happened?"

"I-I don't know, I flew in to ask for help but, but I, why am I..."

"Well, I'm you. I think. When you flew in you could have messed up the spell and it made us switch bodies. But, I don't get how..." Twilight trails off.

Spike slowly walks towards the door. "Ooook, well, I'm going to go back to cleaning. Call me if you need me, hehe." He runs down the stairs. Twilight and Fluttershy stare at each other, confused and scared.

"Alright. Fluttershy, I have an idea. I'll cast a spell and-"

"Um, Twilight, not to interrupt but you don't have a horn." Twilight's voice says, Fluttershy saying the words.

"Oh, right. Well I doubt you know how to use magic, so maybe we could use some help."

"We could ask the princesses, see if they-"

"No!" Twilight yells, though being Fluttershy's voice it isn't all too loud. "We can't, Celestia will be disappointed in me, or mad, or both. She wouldn't be happy, not one bit. We can't go to them." They stand there thinking, when suddenly a flash goes off in between them.

"Well well well, seems like we have a slight dilemma here now don't we?" Discord asks, showing up after the light goes away.

Twilight steams with anger. "Discord! How do you know what happened?"

"Because, simple Twilight, I am still the lord of chaos and I know what happens when something goes awry. Now then, onto the purpose of my visit. I could help you, but I need two things."

"Anything!" Fluttershy yells. She scares herself with how loud she is and jumps back, hitting a clock down and onto the cage of Owlicious. The owl flies out and lands on her hoof, angrily and tiredly staring at her. "Sorry." She whispers. The owl flies back into it's cage and locks the door with it's wing.

Discord turns serious. "That would be number one, time. I need to have time to figure out how to fix this little issue of ours."

"And number two?" Twilight asks.

"Just an IOU from the both of you." He smiles.

"I will never accept that."

"Um, Twilight, I don't think we have an option." Fluttershy says.

"Of course we do, I teach you how to use magic and then solve this problem."

"But it took you all these years to just do this. Unless we are willing to be like this for even more years than that, I don't think that we have another way out."

Twilight scowls. "Fine, we'll do it."

"Oh joy! Now, give me some time and I'll be back to cure you both. Have fun Twishy and Fluttersparkle, haha!" Discord pops away.

"So, now what?" Fluttershy asks.

"Let's try to act like the other person for the time being, I don't think that it's worth having our friends both worried and confused about this."

"But what if they find out in their own?"

Twilight doesn't have an answer. "Just trust me Fluttershy, I'm sure this will all work out."

"I hope you know what you're doing Twilight."

Twilight sighs. "I do too."