• Published 9th Aug 2014
  • 366 Views, 0 Comments

Dimensional Circumstance - Winter Rush



Winter Rush has only just come back from living with his marefriend, Minuette, in the Everfree Forest, when in the middle of the night, they are both whisked away to an alternate universe, where they must try and escape.

  • ...
 0
 366

Chapter 4: The Not-So-Great Escape

Author's Note:

Note: In this chapter, there is a little bit of moderately descriptive gore on the third paragraph and you can skip this if you want, as it isn't entirely relevant to the story.

Nothing special or significant happened the next day, but it was the day after that that was.
I had woken to the sound of the cell being unlocked and a guard shouting something in the foreign language, which most likely meant for us to "get out". We didn't know where we were being taken, but it was probably for torture or something horrible like that.
We reluctantly got up and followed, a guard in front and a guard behind.
We trotted down the dim, tiled corridor, guns trained on us.

I nodded slightly at Minuette who, with great acting, clutched her stomach, as if in great pain. The guards rushed to her and I made my escape; I had seen a grate, though as I had dived into it, I had caught my hoof on the sharp metal and I lay inside the air conditioning pipes. I held onto my bleeding hoof, close to tears. I bit my lip and crawled on, and even though I had a lot of time, it wasn't to be wasted.

****************************

Firstly, I made my way to the medical centre to get my hoof patched up. I didn't spend long there, so I carried on along the corridor. There many doors, most of which were locked, but a few were open.
I trotted past a open door. I peeped my head around the door. I really wish I hadn't. Really, really wish I hadn't. Tied between two posts was a pony, or what was left of one. It was a purple pegasus who had had its ear cut off and had cuts all the way down its body. There was dried blood everywhere. There was a jagged circle cut where a cutie mark should have been. It was like something out of a horror movie or from the mind of a sick bastard as part of some fandom. I backed out of the room, feeling very sick and queasy. I'd always had a fear of blood.

I made my way to the kitchens and as I entered I had to quickly dive behind a fridge.
The camera swung the other way. It hadn't seen me.
I climbed up onto the fridge and used a pair of kitchen scissors to slice through the wire making the camera rotate, as cutting all the wires would be too suspicious. I jumped down and opened one of the fridges. It was full of fruit and pie and cooked meat.
I was abstinent, as a full stomach would just slow me down and it would make it a little obvious that someone had been there if all the food in the fridge had just mysteriously gone. After my small meal, I decided it was time to equip myself.
"Right, to the armoury." I whispered to myself.

****************************

I was smiling to myself. I had found my trusty MK3A1 Jackhammer shotgun. They must have taken it when they came through the portal. I filled it with more shells and and continued looking for more weapons.
I took my shotgun, a knife and a sniper rifle, plus ammunition for each.
I found a uniform that roughly fitted me, but had to cut a hole in the back of the trousers so I could my tail through and shorten the length of the trousers so that they wouldn't be too long.

I put on a pair of dark sunglasses and stepped out into the corridor. Nopony, (or would it be nohuman?), would be a match for me. I galloped as fast as my bandaged leg would allow me.
As I reached the cell, I looked inside. Minuette wasn't there. I was frantic. I galloped down the corridor towards the torture room. I peered through the glass door.
Minuette was lying there, shackled to a table, bleeding. She seemed to be alive but there were guards interrogating her. I did what was the only option. I stood back and fired a shotgun shell at the door. It shattered into a million gleaming shards, which flew through the air like needles.
The guards stood there with their eyes and mouths wide open and Minuette had turned to face me, also with the same look on her face. She didn't look too badly injured. The blood was coming from her nose, which was most likely broken.
"Ding-dong mothabuckers."

I swapped to the sniper rifle and before any of the guards had opened fire, a bullet had slammed into the chest of each. I trotted across the room towards Minuette. She was staring at me, shocked. I brought my hoof down on the control panel and the shackles snapped open instantly. She threw herself at me any gave me a big, long hug. I loved it.
"I'm so glad you got here! You look like you're in the...what was it called...the 'Russian Spetznaz'."
"Umm...what?" I stared at her, blankly.
"Oh, you won't know. It's apparently a 'special forces' thing which our guys here trained in."
"Oh, ok...Anyway, are you injured?"
"I think my nose is broken, but everything else is fine, I've got a couple of bruises here and there, but nothing I can't handle."
"Good, because we need to get out of here."
"So...where to?"
No sooner as she had said this, then we heard a human approaching. I quickly grabbed Minuette and we flung ourselves into an open door. The steps were getting louder and we quickly crawled into another ventilation shaft.

"Эй, что ад случилось?." ("Hey, what the hell happened?") The guard shouted.
We heard the crunching of glass and a piercing, wailing siren.
"Quick!" I whispered to Minuette.
As we caught our breath, we heard many shouts and alarms. We crawled through the shaft, the sound of our hooves on the metal alarmingly loud, and went up a ladder, continued crawling and came out from the floor and into an unlit room. Suddenly, lights flickered on and we found ourselves in a glass cylindrical cage. The room we were in was massive.
We looked up at a screen which had turned on to show the face of Alexei.

"Ha! You really thought that I wouldn't notice that you were crawling through the ventilation shafts? I put movement sensors everywhere in them, so I'd know if anyone was trying to escape. I figured you'd end up here. It would have been a little awkward if you'd ended up anywhere else in the room, so I decided to place these tubes everywhere across the room. Literally everywhere. I can't be bothered moving them."
We looked around.
"You think these tubes will hold us?"
I fired the shotgun. Nothing happened.
"I also wasn't stupid enough to realise that you would acquire some hardware, so I made the tubes out of bulletproof glass. Oh, and also, turn around; I have a surprise."
We did as he said. I wish I hadn't. Stood in front of us was an enormous robot. It was around 40ft tall.
"What do you think? You're both fucked now!"

The robot's arms swung up into the air and smashed into the glass in front of us.
We were flung backwards by the blow, but managed to get back up before another hammer-like fist smashed into the ground, inches from where we had stood.
I flew up into the air while Minuette used her unicorn magic. The robot fired a missile from its left arm. It flew towards me, though Minuette managed to redirect it with her unicorn magic and instead hit its right arm. An arc of electricity flew out of where the missile had hit. The arc struck my wings with a snap and excruciating pain shot through my body. I plummeted out of the air.
I was about to slam into the solid concrete floor, when Minuette grabbed my body with her magic. She lowered me carefully down to my hooves, avoiding another colossal fist.

After Minuette had saved me, I turned to the robot again. Two large rocket launchers extended from its arms.
"Missiles? What the buck is this shit?!" I shouted over the roar of machinery.
I skillfully slalomed around four heat-seeking missiles and brought them crashing down onto different parts of the robot, sending shrapnel flying.
I was flying around the robot, trying to distract it, when the robot took Minuette by surprise and crushed her under a powerful arm.
I spun round and saw the arm crush Minuette.
"MINUETTE!" I screamed.

The arm retracted and she lay there. This was the last straw. The anger welled up inside of me and I slammed my own body into the glass screen that protected Alexei inside. The glass cracked. I tried again. It cracked more. I tried one more time. I flew through the glass, it smashed into large shards and I collided head on with Alexei's face. I heard a horrible snapping noise and Alexei didn't get up. I had broken his neck. I backed away from the body. I flew out of the cockpit and down to Minuette. She was bleeding heavily and from what I could see, she had broken several bones.
I cried as I lifted her broken body onto my back.