• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 580 Views, 3 Comments

Nopony wants to let go - Moonlight Flight



No pony want's to leave Rainbow Dash's side when she faces the worst fate.

  • ...
 3
 580

No pain is like a good memory

Chapter 5:
No Pain is like a good memory

"...the bad news is since you're her closest friend it's up to you to help her with this issue, but good news is you have an hour to make up your mind." Twilight said.

"By helping her you don't mean.." I began.

Twilight nodded, "You can get rid of the pain by doing it."

Oh no Twilight, I would never do that to any pony. I mean I want to help her pull through. I don't want her to die Twilight, and I don't want to lose her." I said.

"It was just what the doctor said." she replied. "Do you think I want to lose her either?"

I looked down "I know it's an option, but I can't be the one to do it." I said.

Twilight brought her hoof up to my shoulder, "We have an hour Fluttershy, either way she'll end up leaving us."

I disregarded what she said an walked past her, back into Rainbow room. I stood there at the entrance staring at her. Memories filled my head, both good and bad ones. The one that kept coming back was when the Pegasus had to get water from Ponyville to Cloudsdale. Rainbow Dash had been there for me, encouraging me to pick up my speed. So much was going through my mind then, but this was worse. I couldn't hold back my emotions anymore, they broke through me like water in a dam. They differed from anger to sadness. Tears filling my eyes and falling to the floor, I felt the paths that they left behind. I couldn't stop them from showing how I really felt. I looked over at Scootaloo who was now walking towards me.

"Come here Fluttershy?" she said as she embraced me in a hug. I sat down and returned the hug.

"I'm so sorry Scootaloo, I just..." I began to say.

"I know you're sorry, but we can't let this happen in Rainbows final hour. Yes we are all sad but this time should be filled with happiness. Her final hour should be spent with her friends like you guys used to." she whispered in my ear.

I pulled from the hug "I guess you're right." I said before I hugged her again. The warmth between us felt great, it made me happy to hug someone besides the animals. Scootaloo let me go when my tears stopped falling and my breathing returned to normal. Both of us walked towards Rainbows bed.

"Fluttershy," Dashie said.

It was hard but I looked at her pained face.

"I know what's going on, and Friendship can't fix it. I know I have an hour left but please stop the pain. I know as well as you memories hurt more than the pain of broken bones or death itself. I'm ready to go you just have to let me." she cried.

"I don't want to lose you though." I said quietly.

"You're not going to I'll be right here." she explained while pointing at my heart with her hoof.

I looked back at Twilight searching her face for answers, but none came. Now came the hardest decision in my life, will I give Rainbow what she wants or will I keep her alive for the rest of the hour.