• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 768 Views, 11 Comments

Twilight in the Dreamlands - RB_



A journal kept by Twilight Sparkle as she finds herself in a world made of dreams and nightmares.

  • ...
3
 11
 768

Entry 9

Day 11

I did not manage to contact Spike last night, nor did I attempt to. I plan on waiting until I am certain that I can do so safely.

Spike’s dream today consisted of him, fully grown, sitting atop a giant hoard of treasure. I was there too, lying atop his massive back, books strewn around my slumbering form. The heartwarming scene took place in a massive cavern lit by enchanted gemstones embedded in the walls.

The strange thing, however, was the presence of the statues from before. They were far more numerous, and surrounded the mountain of loot on all sides. I was able to get a much more detailed look at them from my hiding place in a branching tunnel, and what I saw amazed me. The constructs were not carved from a single piece of crystal; rather, they were made up of a collection of smaller gemstones that were somehow being held together into the form of a drake. I could also now see that each of the figures possessed a small green flame that floated within them where a heart would reside.

Strangest of all was the fact that each of the statues would periodically expand and contract, as if they were breathing.

As impossible as it would seem, I believe these structures were alive, at least in some sense. What’s more, I received the distinct impression that they were guarding something, either the treasure, or its owner. Considering their presence in the previous dream, I am inclined to believe the latter. But from what?

Perhaps something akin to the monster I found in Sweetie Belle’s dream? In that case, it would make them something akin to an immune system, the white blood cells of dreams, protecting their host from foreign pathogens.

Actually…

A thought has occurred to me. If my theory is correct, that would make me a foreign element as well. And if these entities exist to combat such things, then this could explain what occurred in Cheerilee’s dream, when the foals attacked me. Could they have been the same as these creatures? That would explain why they only attacked when I attempted to interact with the teacher- they were defending her! Of course!

I will need more evidence to validate this theory, but I think I may be on to something. We shall see.