• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 2,011 Views, 11 Comments

Journey Home - Bulbasaur

  • ...
5
 11
 2,011

Part I

Greens and browns blurred past as the train sped East. Twilight Sparkle could make out the odd snowdrop in the Spring foliage. She sighed and looked away from the sprawling countryside, only to catch the reflection of Rainbow Dash's gaze.

"You've been staring outside for a while, Egghead," Rainbow said. "Whatcha thinking?"

Twilight turned and smiled. "I'm just so nervous and excited about meeting your parents!" she said. “From what you've told me, they seem like pretty awesome ponies."

"Well, duh. Where'd ya think this came from?"

"Shut up, Featherbrain." Twilight leaned forward and surprised Dash with a kiss. They locked lips for several seconds before she pulled back. "Seriously though, on top of visiting your parents, I've been dying to practice my Gryphonese."

"You know you can always practice with me, right?" Dash said, amused. "亲爱的,你今天要怎么样呀? 我太爱你啦!"

She made kissy noises until Twilight smacked her and said, "赶紧给我闭嘴." She nuzzled her, and eventually settled down, head upon her marefriend’s lap. The train swayed gently; and she was drifting into sleep when a question wormed its way into her mind.

Feeling her marefriend shifting, Dash looked at her quizzically. Twilight gazed into Dash's eyes before asking, "Hey, Dash, I was wondering. How long has it been since you visited them? Your parents, I mean."

"Err…" Rainbow Dash faltered. "Come to think of it, I haven't seen them since they moved back from Cloudsdale. I was… twelve? I think?"

"Yeesh! That makes what, seven years without seeing your parents? Huh. Did you just start living on your own in Cloudsdale?"

"Heh, yeah, funny story, that." Dash coughed. "I was born in Gryphona, as you know, but moved with my parents to Cloudsdale, ‘cause my dad had a big assignment there as a civil engineer. By the time he was due to return to Gryphona, I’d become attached to Cloudsdale and really really wanted to stay there. So they set me up with a homestay, and… yeah."

"Ah, I see. How did you come to Ponyville?" Twilight asked.

Dash thought for a while. "Fluttershy and I were classmates… so when I was, you know, done with flight school… Fluttershy invited me to stay at her place in Ponyville."

"Aww," Twilight cooed. "That's so sweet!" She squished her marefriend's cheeks until Dash shook her off and roughed her straight, tidy hair.

"Yeah, yeah," Dash said. "Now what about you? What did you do in Canterlot?"

Twilight launched into a speech. "Well, I was born in the Canterlot Children's Hospital, the second of two children, in the Summer of the 8th year of the 18th cycle…"

Although Dash zoned out after that, providing only an occasional nod or acknowledgement, her eyes were fixed on the unicorn. She loved her laughs, her melodic voice, her hair, flowing like a river, sweet as the lavenders of the field. Perhaps she was fatter than most ponies, but none less graceful; Dash could look at her all day.

And her flanks! Oh, yes, she couldn't wait 'til she got to tap that gorgeous, round, purple piece of --

"What are you staring at, Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked with a smirk she unsuccessfully tried to hide.

"Ah! Er, uhh…" Dash pried her eyes away for an instant and blushed.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Twilight said, grinning, and snorted. "Anyway, during the time I stayed in the Highlands district of Canterlot, which as you will recall was from my 3rd Winter to my 6th Spring…"

While Twi's magnificent ass certainly didn't hurt things, what attracted Dash the most was her enthusiasm. The way her eyes lit up any time Dash told her about weather and dynamics and her tasks as a weatherpony, or about the Wonderbolts' current members and flying techniques. How she inspired Dash to do crazy things that even the daredevil she was would normally balk at.

By all rights, the trip to Gryphona should have lasted forever, especially with an alicorn prattling on and on. But somehow, the soft lavender mare next to her, her antics, her joy, made the journey seem to pass in an instant.