• Published 11th Apr 2012
  • 799 Views, 11 Comments

The Eyes of Sherastol (Title in Progress) - Twysted



Rainbow Dash's past and family comes to light when her brothers decide to visit ponyville

  • ...
0
 11
 799

The Eyes of Sherastol - Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash awoke to hear her parents in an argument, which was odd, because in all her life, she had never once heard her parents argue. It was strange to hear them yelling. The six year old filly tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't. She wondered if Star Strider and Thundercloud were awake also, although her brothers could probably sleep through the Wonderbolts flying by their house. Rainbow strained to hear the argument that was going on downstairs.

“Their fate is not for you to decide, Shadow Streak! They may be your children, but you have to let them choose their own paths,” yelled a female voice which Rainbow recognized as her mother's.

“Well, Scarlett Skies, I'd rather not have those paths lead to my children's deaths,” her father shot back.

Deaths? Rainbow thought. She didn't know much about the pony body, but she knew what death was. What does he mean? She strained her ears to hear more, but her parents had quieted down now. Rainbow put her head back on her pillow, and tried to get back to sleep, without much success. A few minutes later, her parents resumed yelling at each other.

“That pendant has been in my family for generations! If it was going to cause any danger, it would have by now!”

“There's just no reasoning with you, is there! What about the Rocs? What if they come hunting you down? Would you put your children in that kind of danger?”

What do rocks have to do with anything? Rainbow thought to herself as she listened to the argument.

“There haven't been any Rocs sighted in Equestria since Celestia banished them over 300 years ago. Our children are safe and sound, asleep in their own beds, that is if you haven't woken them up with all your yelling! This conversation is over, Shadow.”

“Fine with me, Scarlett.” A door slammed, and Rainbow could no longer hear anything , but she kept her ears open to catch anything she could. A few hours passed, and Rainbow was still awake. She heard somepony walking up the stairs to her room and quickly dove under the covers. She didn't want whoever it was to know she heard the argument, much less to know she was up this late.

Rainbow felt something nudge her shoulder, quite forcefully. “Rainbow, it's time to wake up,” the older pegasus stallion said in a cold tone. Rainbow could already tell there was something off with her father. His black coat shone in the small bits of sunlight that was coming in through the filly's window. Rainbow was in her bed, covered up in multiple cloud blankets, obviously not wanting to be disturbed. She was still awake, going over the snippets of the argument she heard just a few hours before.

The stallion gently removed the covers over his daughter's face. Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, expecting to see her father's warm, smiling face. Instead his face was hard and straight. He was frowning, with tears in the corner of his eyes.

“Daddy? What are you doing home? Shouldn't you be at the Weather Factory?” she said as she rolled over onto her left side, not moving out of bed, clinging to her stuffed Wonderbolt. She didn't want to let on that she had heard the bits and pieces of the argument that had taken place.

“Not today, Rainbow.” The stallion smiled as he looked at his daughter. He heard a noise come from downstairs, and the smile disappeared. “Rainbow Dash, get up and out of bed now.” His usual cheerful tone was now a stern and serious one. In all her life she had never seen her father this angry. He wasn't the type to get angry. Disappointed, maybe, but not angry.

“Daddy? What's going on,” Rainbow asked as she slid herself out of bed. She gave her father a big hug.

“We have to leave Cloudsdale, now,” her father said as he pushed his daughter away. She looked hurt. This wasn't the father she knew. He was colder, and seemed, worried. Distressed, even.

The young blue pegasus' eyes went wide when her father said this. “Wha... What? What do you mean we have to leave...”

“We have to leave Cloudsdale, Rainbow,” her father repeated.

“No,” she said under her breath.

“Yes Rainbow Dash. We have to leave.” The young pony's jaw dropped a little, but then she pulled it back up, and nervously laughed.

“Oh I get it. This is another one of your jokes right?” The serious face of the stallion tossed the idea out of the filly's head. “But... but why? What about mommy? And Strider? And Thundercloud? We can't just leave them!”

“Your brothers will be fine for a few hours until I come back to get them.” She noticed he specifically dodged her mother from the sentence. She decided it was better not to question her father.

“But they... they can just come now, right?” She gave her father a hopeful look. But he just sighed and turned away. “... right?” The stallion turned back to his daughter. Tears began to form in the filly's eyes. “... right?,” she said in a sad tone, through the tears that were now running down her face.

“No Rainbow Dash. They can't come.” His tone was still icy. “Not now at least.” He said this with a slightly warmer tone, more like what she was used to, but still not the same.

“But why do we have to leave? And why----”

“Enough questions, Rainbow!” He said this a little louder and it made Rainbow Dash shrink back. He had never yelled at her in all six years of her life. He walked over to her and put his hoof on her shoulder. “I love you Rainbow Dash, and I'm doing this for your safety. But we can't bring your mother or brothers along. The more ponies we have, the more danger you are in. And it's your mothers fault we have to leave.” Rainbow was now on the verge of full blown weeping, even though her father had returned to his soft and normal self, if even just for a moment.

“What do you mean it 's mommy's fault?”

“I will explain it to you when you're older. I promise. But now we have to leave.” The serious tone of his voice had come back to him.

“But what about-”

“No more questions, Rainbow Dash. We have to leave.”

“Where... Where are we going,” the filly managed to choke out.

“To a place called Trottingham. I have friends there that will take care of us. Now come,” He opened the window in the filly's room. “We have to leave.” Rainbow found no use in arguing anymore. She had to be strong. She had to be brave. She pulled off the Sonic Rainboom. She was the greatest flier in Cloudsdale, except maybe for Star Strider. She always did envy her older brother's flying talent. But this was no time to think about her jealousy issues.

“Goodbye, Thundercloud. Goodbye, Strider. Please take good care of Mommy. I love you.” She said quietly under her breath. She hugged the stuffed Wonderbolt that Thundercloud and Star Strider had given to her for her birthday, which she had named Stormy Skies, and stuffed it into her saddlebags. Her father picked up the saddlebags and put them on her back. He already had his own on. He nudged his daughter and she took a few steps back, then ran towards the window and jumped out. She spread her wings and soared over Cloudsdale.

She loved the thrill of flying, usually. Now she just felt, well, heartbroken. She looked behind her to see her father flying towards her. She also took a long look at her home and the family she left behind. She didn't know why they couldn't come along now. All she knew was that she had a bad feeling, a feeling that she would never see her home again. She turned her head to see her father was in front of her now, not saying a word, tears running down his face. Tears began to well up in her eyes also.



It had been some time before Rainbow Dash and her father touched down in what seemed to be an abandoned field. The grass was very tall, it seemed as though nopony took care of it. Then again, she thought. Why would they?

“Ah, here we are Rainbow Dash. Well not exactly here.” her father said, although in a sad and faraway tone. “Trottingham's only a few miles off.”

“Cool,” Dash said in an off tone. “But can't we just fly there?”

“No, Rainbow. Flying right now would be too dangerous.”

Rainbow Dash just let out a sigh. “Whatever.” She quit questioning her father. She just walked behind him, like a good, obedient filly. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to be back at home, with her family. The family that her father had just ripped her away from. She thought about reaching into her saddlebags and taking out Stormy Skies. But before she could, her father rushed her over to a side road, that was barely trimmed. The grass was as high as the filly.

“My friends live right on the outskirts of the town. We can just walk there.”

“But that will take forever...”

“Trust me Rainbow Dash, it's safer this way.”

“Fine. Whatever.” Rainbow didn't even care about her father's friends. She was hoping to maybe see some familiar faces. She knew that Fluttershy lived close to the ground now, caring for the animals. She was old enough to take care of herself. Then there was Ditzy Doo, who had to move down to Hoofington, because of a job her father was offered. Hoofington, was far off though.

You never know, she thought to herself, and for the first time in a few hours, cracked a bit of a smile. She remembered the fun that she, Ditzy, and Thundercloud would have pulling pranks on other ponies, mostly Star Strider. She laughed a little

“ But before we start, you have to promise me something.” Her father turned around and looked his daughter in the eyes. “You can never go back to Cloudsdale.”

“What!?”

“Promise me Rainbow Dash.”

“I... but... Star Strider...and Thundercloud! What about them?!”

“You'll see them soon enough. I promise that. Now promise me.”

“I... I...” She closed her eyes to hold back tears. Have to be strong, she thought. She heaved out a sigh. “... I... promise.” She looked at the ground when she said this.

“Good. Then let's get moving.” They had been walking for a while now. Rainbow guessed it had been around two hours since they landed. She thought about what Star Strider, Thundercloud, and her mother were up to. Considering it was probably around five o'clock in the morning when her father woke her up, it was probably around nine now. Her brothers were probably still asleep, and her mother... she didn't want to think about it. Suddenly, her train of thought derailed when she bumped into her father, who was standing completely still. His ears were twitching.

“Daddy? Is something wrong?”

“I don't know, Rainbow Dash . Just keep walking.” Her father was now taking cautious steps and staying as low to the ground as he could, as if he were waiting for something to pop out and scare him.

“Daddy...”

“Rainbow, be quiet. Please.” Rainbow shut her mouth. She had never seen her father angry until that morning, and she didn't want to see it anymore. Suddenly, something pounced out of the tall grass, making Rainbow Dash scream. She lived up to her name and dashed behind her fathers legs, and closed her eyes. Remembering she had to be brave, she opened her eyes to see it was a... oh what was it called... a... a... Chimeer... Chimera! It was a frightening creature with the body of a lion, a goats head sprouting out of its back, and a menacing looking snake for a tail. She decided to stay behind her father.

“Well well well,” the snake tail hissed “A couple of poniessssss out of placcccccccce?”

“What do you want with us, beast?” Rainbow's father spat out.

“I think you know, Shadow Streak,” the lion head grumbled. It stepped forward and rainbow saw a large scar running down its right front leg. The stallion recoiled at the mention of his name. He leaned over and nuzzled his daughter's mane. “It'll be okay,” he comforted his daughter. He then stepped forward and planted one hoof on the ground hard.

“Tell me what you want. Now.” Rainbow dash was still trembling behind her father's legs.

“Well aren't you one feisty pegasus? But you know exactly what I want, and my friends and I are going to make sure we get it.”

“Friends?” Shadow Streak asked. “I'd like to see them. The chimera smirked, and roared. Suddenly, multiple creatures began coming out of the tall grass and surrounded the pair of ponies. These weren't like the Chimera. They looked like the large chimera, but lacked the goat and snake aspects. Golden colored coats with a fluffy brown mane around their heads. Rainbow let out a terrified squeak.“Lions,” Shadow Streak spat. He leaned over to his daughter. “Rainbow, I want you to do something.”

“What is it, daddy?” She was still shaking out of fear.

“I want you to fly away. The Everfree Forest is probably about a mile past here. I want you to fly north,” he pointed his hoof in the same direction. “Along the edge of it until you come to a cottage, that's where Fluttershy is living, I want you to stay with her.”

“But how will staying with Fluttershy do anything?!”

“Because, they won't go that close to a town. Remember, we're still a few miles away from Trottingham. And I want to tell you something. Whatever happens to me, protect the Eye.”

“But... Daddy! What about you?! And what does that mean?!”

“Don't worry about me and you'll know soon enough! NOW FLY!” Rainbow started to cry, but her father put a hoof on her cheek. “My daughter, crying won't get you anywhere. You have to be brave and strong.” The lions were drawing in closer. “Now fly!” Rainbow shakily nodded her head and took off. She heard the roar of the chimera, which was followed by the roars of the lions. She didn't dare look back, she knew what was happening. She just flew and flew.

After what Rainbow assumed was about half an hour, she finally came close to a thick forest line. “That must be the Everfree,” she said to herself. She quickly turned and started flying in the direction that her father had pointed out. She kept flying by the treeline for about an hour. The entire time she had been flying she tried to push what had just happened out of her mind. But the scene was vividly rooted in her mind. I'm sorry daddy. I'm sorry. She closed her eyes to hold back the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

Just then something shot through her mind. Oh Celestia… what about mommy, and Strider, and Thundercloud? They should know but… but… her thoughts were interrupted by a loud screech from above her. Looking up Rainbow saw an enormous bird. It looked like one of the white ones her mother had shown here. What was it? An eagle? Yeah, that was it. She was watching the eagle as she flew. Rainbow quickly realized that it was flying right at her and it was far bigger than any eagle she had seen.

It dove at her with its outstretched talons. Rainbow barrel-rolled out of the way at the last second. Driven by terror Rainbow started to panic. “What are you doing?” she screamed at the bird. She drove forwards as fast as she could but still couldn’t put any distance between her and the winged terror. She saw Fluttershy’s cottage looming on the horizon and pushed herself even harder. The eagle still hung near her, swiping with its talons. Rainbow managed to dodge most of the slashes, but one managed to catch her right wing. She felt the blinding pain, the blood flowing down her wing, and the terror of falling. The eagle screeched in victory upon seeing its prey tumble to the ground.

Rainbow could barely keep conscious after she hit the ground. The eagle’s screech snapped her out of the daze. Lifting herself to her feet, Rainbow felt a sharp pain in her left front leg. Probably just a sprain, she thought hopefully. She could see Fluttershy’s cottage not far off. She made a dash for it as fast as she could on three good legs. The eagle saw its prey moving towards the house and started to dive after Rainbow. “GO AWAY! JUST GO AWAY!” she yelled nearing the cottage.

Seeing how close its prey was to the cottage the eagle pulled out of its dive and flew off up above the clouds. Rainbow collapsed on the porch. Her leg was killing her, but the pain in her right wing was worrying her more. She reached to knock on the door but couldn’t quite reach it. She gave up and moaned, trying to get Fluttershy’s attention.

The door slowly opened, to Rainbow’s relief. “Uhm… hel… RAINBOW DASH?!” the yellow pegasus recoiled in shock. Rainbow could only assume she looked just as bad as she felt. “What happened to you?” Fluttershy said taking in Rainbow’s condition. Her leg was swelling, but it didn’t look too serious. The real damage was Rainbow’s wing. Fluttershy couldn’t see much through the blood-matted feathers. “Come in Rainbow. Let me help you.”

Rainbow Dash struggled to get herself standing, using her three good legs and undamaged wing for balance. “Thanks… Flutter…” she trailed off as she collapsed on the yellow pegasus' doorstep.


Rainbow Dash woke up in a house that looked like it was built for animals. There were small birds flying around inside and a little bunny noisily eating a carrot. Rainbow herself was laying on a couch. She looked over at her damaged wing, which she could only assume was broken. The bad wing was now bandaged and in a splint. Her leg was just in a bandage. A yellow pegasus walked into the room.

“Oh good. You're awake,” Fluttershy said softly as she trotted over to Rainbow and sat down on the floor next to her. Rainbow smiled. She had known Fluttershy for a while now, and wasn't surprised by the way the normally timid pony was acting. When it came to her friends, Fluttershy would be the first to help.

“I'm assuming this is your handiwork,” Rainbow asked, nodding to her bandaged wing. “I'd like to know if I can fly again, though.”

“Yes. It is. And don't worry you will. It wasn't that bad. Give it a few days. Though I'd like to know how it happened.” Rainbow bit her lip when Fluttershy said this. “Rainbow....you don't have to tell me,” Fluttershy said when she saw her friends reaction. “You know that right?”

“I know, but I... want to tell you. Just sit back...and...and I'll tell you the story.”


Rainbow told Fluttershy everything. She started with her parents' fight. The thing that had started the whole fiasco, which even Fluttershy knew was an unusual occurrence. Then Rainbow went on to when her father ushered her out of her bed and her home. She spared some of the details with the lions, for Fluttershy's sake. Next came the giant eagle attack. She didn't spare any details with that. That was stuck fresh in her mind, and she was still worried it was going to crash in and attack them. She finished her story by telling her friend about the promise she made to her father.

“....So....you can't return to Cloudsdale? Ever?” Despite the fact that Fluttershy didn't know whether to believe the lion attack part of her friends story or not, she pressed the issue that Rainbow seemed to be struggling with the most.

“I could. But...it's the last thing I ever promised my father.” Rainbow was trying to be strong and not sound scared. The truth was that she was still terrified that something was going to attack her and Fluttershy. But she had to be strong and brave, like her father told her. She decided that she should just hide her pain and fear, that it would be the easiest for her, and her friend. She hated to see Fluttershy worried. The timid pegasus was already worked up about her friends predicament, and Rainbow didn't want to make it worse by crying all over the place.

“Rainbow Dash...I...I'm so sorry.” The yellow pegasus didn't know what to do other than to hug her friend. “So you're never going to go back.”

“No...and...even though I want to... I don't think I could. I can't face my family...They'll blame me for what happened. Even though it's my fault anyways.”

“Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy's quick change in tone startled the cyan pegasus. “Even though you were there for what happened, there was nothing that you could have done. Don't you think for one second that what happened back in Trottingham was your fault. I'm not going to sit here and let you feel sorry for yourself. C'mon, lets go into town. Ponyville's quite a fun place, with lots of interesting ponies. Plus it'll get you up off that couch.” Rainbow Dash's jaw was on the ground. She had never heard Fluttershy talk like that. I doubt anypony else has either, she thought. “Uhm... i mean... if you want to.” Fluttershy finished. Rainbow chuckled a little.

“There's the Fluttershy I know and love.” Rainbow smiled, be it a forced smile. “And yeah, ill head into town with you. Could be fun...”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“OH DASHIE!!!!!”

Rainbow Dash fell out of her bed when she heard her nickname. She usually didn't like being woken up, but Rainbow was happy that she was that morning. The dreams about her past were always so vivid, it felt like she was there, again. It seems like it was just yesterday. Tears began forming in her eyes as she thought about her family. She wanted to see them. To see her brothers and mother again. But she couldn't. Not after what happened to her father. She was courageous, but not even she could muster up the courage to tell her family what happened that day.

“C'MON DASHIE!!!!!!!! YOU PROMISED WE WOULD HANG OUT!!!!!!!!”

No doubt that was Pinkie Pie yelling for her. The rainbow-maned pony let out a smile. Where does that pony get her energy, she thought. Then her smile disappeared. '...protect the eye.' To this day, Rainbow Dash still didn't know what that meant. Her past was one thing Rainbow wouldn't talk about with anypony. Whenever somepony asked about it, she would quickly change the subject. The only pony that knew about her actual family was Fluttershy. Rainbow let a sigh escape her mouth, and shook her head to get her mane in that slightly bedheadish look she was used to. She walked into her bathroom and looked into the mirror. She chuckled a little at her appearance.

“Best it's gonna get,” she said to herself.

“DASHIE!!!! YOU COMING????”

Rainbow Dash sighed and shook her head, laughing a little. “That pony is so random,” she said to herself as she took a last look around the room to make sure she had everything. Disappearing ink. Check . Sneezing powder. Check. Her eyes came to rest on Stormy Skies. He was sitting in the corner on top of a chest, next to her Best Young Flier crown. She took a long look at the stuffed toy, letting memories of her brothers flood back to her. She let out a little whimper and closed her eyes, holding back the tears that were forming.

The crown next to the toy was also a bad memory for her. She was so happy when she won it, but the real reason she was so distraught before the competition wasn't nerves. That was what she told her friends. The real reason was that she had broken her promise to her father. She had returned to Cloudsdale, even if it was only that one time, and it was for her own desires. She returned, but she didn't go see her family. She couldn't, even after all those years had passed. She couldn't bring herself to tell her family about her father.

After a few minutes passed, she shook her head and regained her composure. “COMING PINKIE,” she yelled as she stretched open her wings and took off out the door.


Rainbow and Pinkie made their way down the street from Rainbow's house into Ponyville. Pinkie bounced her way up and down the street while Rainbow Dash flew close to the ground, and slow enough to keep pace with her pink-haired friend.

“So Dashie, what are we gonna do today? Huh huh huh huh?” Rainbow chuckled at her friends enthusiastic demeanor. The little pink pony was always so up-beat. Never down in her life.

“Weeeeeeeellll I was thinking maybe we could just pull some pranks, then just hang out back at my place, you know?”

“Sound super duper awesome!” Pinkie smiled so wide, it looked like it would hurt. “So who're we gonna prank first?”

“Twilight?”

“Hmmmm... We got her last time....”

“True...Rarity? We could put itching powder in one of her outfits. Like her spa robes?”

“OOH! I like that one!”

“Got it,” Rainbow suddenly shouted. “Ditzy Doo.” Pinkie pie giggled at this.

“How exactly are we going to do that, Dashie?”

“Simple. Pepper her muffins.” Rainbow had an evil look on her face.

“Mmmmm pepper muffins.” Pinkie pie licked her lips. “Probably not as good as hot sauce, but I bet they're still tasty!” Rainbow shook her head and rolled her eyes.

“You are so random, Pinkie.”

“Thanks.” The pink pony smiled widely again. The two walked into Ponyville's market square. It was filled with the usual. Applejack's apple stand, with her and Big Macintosh selling the apples. Pinkie Pie walked up to the stand. “Heya Applejack”

“Well howdy Pinkie. How're yah doin' today?”

“Good,” The pink pony said as she bounced up and down. “Just going to hang with Rainbow Dash today!” Applejack's expression changed from happy to serious.

“Y’all ain't gonna be touchin' mah apples again, are yah?”

“Not that I know of. Hey Rainbow, are we painting any apples today?”

“Wellll......it wasn't in the plan, but I suppose we could.”

“Ooh sounds fun!” Pinkie said in excitement. Applejack's jaw dropped, as Rainbow Dash burst out laughing.

“Don't worry Applejack,” Rainbow said through her laughter. “We won't touch your apples.”

“Y’all better not,” she muttered under her breath.

“Alright, Applejack. See ya,” Pinkie said as she and Rainbow took off. Applejack laughed a little and waved goodbye.


Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash snuck up to Ditzy Doo's windowsill, where her muffins were cooling. Six muffins rested on a plate on the windowsill, steam still rising from them. Pinkie and Dash sat directly under the windowsill, so that Ditzy wouldn't be able to see them.

“Ditzy always does make great muffins,” Pinkie said, a little loudly.

“Pinkie, talk quieter or you'll blow our cover,” Rainbow said in a harsh whisper.

“Oops, sorry.” Pinkie lowered her voice to a whisper as she watched the plate of delicious looking muffins. Ditzy always liked to eat a couple of muffins before her mail run, and then put some in her bag to snack on later. Today's batch was her favorite, chocolate chip. Ditzy came up to the window from the inside and picked one up, and quickly put it down.

“Still too hot,” she said, with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

“She can't see the steam coming off the muffins?” Pinkie asked Dash.

“Remember. Ditzy isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box.”

“Are we doing something with light bulbs now?” Pinkie asked quizzically.

“Pinkie...I...Ooooh she left. Now's our chance. Hey, Pinkie. I have the pepper shaker in my bag. Could ya get it out for me?”

“Sure thing, Dashie!” Pinkie did as asked and looked at it. It was a small glass shaker filled with red powder.

“Erm..Rainbow Dash. That doesn't look like any pepper I've ever seen.”

“It's ground chili pepper, Pinkie Pie.”

“That won't hurt Ditzy Doo will it?” Despite her love to play pranks, Pinkie made sure that none of her pranks hurt anypony.

“Nope. Well it may burn her tongue, but this is really mild, not as hot as the stuff I put on the vanilla lemon drops Gilda ate. Pinkie Pie stifled a fit of laughter as she remembered the griffon, and all the pranks that Dash pulled on her.

“Alrighty!” The smile had returned to the pink pony's face as Rainbow Dash sprinkled the chili pepper onto Ditzy's muffins. The gray pegasus soon returned, after tripping over her rug and bent over and picked one of the muffins up with her mouth, flung it in the air, and chomped it down in one bite. Rainbow waited to see the look on her face, but Ditzy just ate three more of the six that were on the plate.

“These don't taste like my usual batch of chocolate chip, but they're good!” Ditzy smiled as she talked.

“Really?!” Pinkie popped up from her hiding place, making the gray pegasus fall backwards, her eyes going different directions, as they did when she was scared. The pink pony scooped up one of the muffins and popped it into her mouth. “Mmmmmmm,” she said through her chewing. “Dashie you should try these! They're amazing!” Rainbow Dash also popped up from her hiding place, as Ditzy stood back up.

“Uhh, hey Ditzy Doo,” Rainbow said when she popped up. Ditzy chuckled a little at her cyan friend. She loved the rainbow-maned pegasus like a sister, and was used to her pranks, considering a lot of the time, they involved the muffin loving pegasus.

“Hello, Rainbow Dash,” Ditzy said as she flew out of the window and landed on the ground next to Pinkie Pie. “What are you girls up to today? Pranking innocent ponies?”

“Yep,” Pinkie said with a large smile on her face.

“Oh and who were you going to prank today,” Ditzy asked turning her attention to the pink pony, who was now bouncing up and down excitedly.

“We were gonna prank you, but it back fired and turned these muffins delicious,” Pinkie said taking another large bite out of a muffin. Ditzy turned her attention to Rainbow Dash now.

“And what did you do to my muffins,” she asked, not with an angry, but more of an amused tone. Rainbow loved Ditzy also. Just a friendly love. She knew that Ditzy was a bit of a klutz, but she wasn't stupid. She could understand things very well, and think on her toes in a sticky situation. Executing those thoughts, however, was a different matter. A sheepish grin took over Rainbow's face.

“Well.....” Rainbow pulled out the pepper shaker. “We might of sprinkled them with some chili powder.”

“Chili powder huh?”

“Yeah, but like Pinkie said, it didn't work.”

“Well it didn't work the way you wanted it to, but it did make those muffins pretty good. Just the right amount of kick to go with the sweetness of the chocolate. I might have to use that in the recipe.” Rainbow smiled. Ditzy was one of those ponies who could take a bad situation and make it happy. She always had a knack for that.

“So you gonna start selling those then,” Rainbow asked. “Come and get your Chocolate Chili Muffins?” Ditzy about fell over laughing and Rainbow did the same.

“HEY! It's Twilight,” Pinkie yelled over the laughter of the two Pegasus. “HIIII TWILIGHT!” Pinkie started bounce up and down again, waving at their friend. “And she's with someone.”

“Well, who is it? Rarity? Fluttershy? Applejack,” Rainbow asked.

“Nope. None of them. Its a colt,” Pinkie giggled.

“Twilight has a date? That's even more confusing than Ditzy liking the chili muffins.”

“HEY TWILIGHT! IS HE YOUR DATE????”

Twilight Sparkle blushed when her friend yelled this. “I'm sorry about that. She's just being Pinkie Pie.” The pegasus stallion walking with her let out a chuckle.

“Well, we are walking together. And you did offer to make me lunch. I guess it could be a date.”
Twilight blushed even more and started stumbling over her words.

“Well...uh...i mean...i guess it could...erm....uhhh....Oh look, Rainbow Dash!” Twilight blushed and thought about it. He is really cute, but I don't have the time to date. Just to many studies, and ohhhh why am I even thinking about this? The pegasus chuckled again, making the purple unicorn blush even more.

“Hey Rainbow,” Twilight yelled to the cyan pegasus. “Could you come here for a second.”

“Guess I gotta go,” she said to Pinkie and Ditzy. Rainbow took flight and headed over to where twilight was. “Hey Twilight, whats u.......” Her voice trailed off into oblivion. Her eyes locked dead on the navy blue pegasus standing next to her friend. “What...what are you doing here?” She landed and took a slightly defensive stance.

“Rainbow, what are you talking about, you mean you know him,” Twilight asked.

“Yes, Twilight. I know him,” she said as she let up her defensive stance a little, but was by no means relieved to see the male pegasus. In fact, he made her nervous and scared. “He's my brother.”